Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Keeping It Simple 11.29.2012 08:25 AM

Fahrenheit 451.

Rob Instigator 11.30.2012 03:51 PM

remember when the cook farted in Down Periscope?

!@#$%! 11.30.2012 06:06 PM

waltz with bashir.

holy fuck. the end of this movie kicks you in the stomach and leaves you without air. MUST watch.

demonrail666 12.01.2012 06:28 AM

The Wrestler

This is a great movie but it's pretty much a showcase for Mickey Rourke's extraordinary performance. I was never a fan of him in his heyday but he's just brilliant here.

demonrail666 12.01.2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

waltz with bashir.

holy fuck. the end of this movie kicks you in the stomach and leaves you without air. MUST watch.

I've still yet to see that. I'll definitely stick on my list, though, after you saying that.

demonrail666 12.01.2012 05:36 PM

Trees Lounge

I can't tell if this is a great film or even a good one; I have such a hopelessly romantic fascination with the kinds of people/lives/locations it portrays that I can only say it gives me pretty much everything that I could possibly want in a movie. About as perfect for me as the average toe would be to a foot fetishist.

demonrail666 12.02.2012 07:20 PM

Bringing Out the Dead

Not one of Scorsese's best. Too close to Taxi Driver and it does feel a good half an hour too long but I'm convinced that had it been made by anybody else, which would've brought expectation levels down a bit, it'd have a far better reputation than it does.

Gone Baby Gone

Whatever people may think of Ben Affleck the actor he's quietly turning out some pretty interesting films as a director. This is perhaps a bit too gloomy for its own good but even so, like The Town, this is far better than any film directed by Ben Affleck probably should be.

Nefeli 12.08.2012 06:45 AM

i ll watch this now; Chris Marker - The Jetty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-smEWxVUy3A

tw2113 12.09.2012 03:18 AM

Piranha and Piranha 3DD

demonrail666 12.09.2012 10:16 AM

Taking of Pelham One, Two Three

Good low-key heist movie that was an influence on Reservoir Dogs. Curious to see the remake.

Dr Chocolate 12.10.2012 03:14 AM

i just watched 3 versions of MONSTER ZERO

the original Japanese one
the English dubbed version
and then english version with commentary

good stuff

next dvd up -> Godzilla vs The Three Headed Monster

EVOLghost 12.10.2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
remember when the cook farted in Down Periscope?

Did he get pink eye?

Dr Chocolate 12.10.2012 11:45 AM

demonrail666 12.15.2012 03:39 PM

Silkwood

Severian 12.16.2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99

Still not quite sure what to make of this. One of the more interesting "newer" films I've seen. I was tired though and need to watch it again.

I admired the dreary landscapes and whatnot, but I found this to be a bit dull. The opening scene and the use of fog were the highlights for me. I honestly thought the acting was poor and overall I'm just not that crazy about Orson Welles. I know I'm being a little harsh, because this still isn't a terrible movie by any means necessary. I've noticed that lately I haven't been in the best of moods to watch movies. Also, if I want a film adaptation of Macbeth I'd rather watch the superior "Throne of Blood".

I love the Welles version. If I recall correctly from my AP lit class in high school. I was unnerved and transfixed by it, and it helped me finally develop a genuine interest in Shakespeare.

!@#$%! 12.16.2012 11:34 AM

i tried watching this

it's supposed to be a great movie. i was supposed to love it. i got bored shitless and ended it with 1 hour to go (it's very fucking long). it's not that it was a "bad" movie but the winter is a bitchmother season and this movie is too much fucking misery to bear. i mean, iran looks like such a shit country to live in, i'd probably kill myself if i lived there, and i've seen enough iranian movies about miserable iranians and their nutty religious laws to last me a lifetime. but yeah it's supposed to be great etc. just oo much of a downer.

demonrail666 12.16.2012 06:07 PM

Panic in Needle Park

This one's highly recommended to anyone into the whole lowlife 70s NY thing.

tw2113 12.17.2012 02:44 AM

A Christmas Carol with Alaster Sim

Genteel Death 12.17.2012 11:16 AM

I've watched Victor Erice's ''The Spirit of the Beehive''. It was wonderful.

batreleaser 12.17.2012 11:31 AM

Pacino hadn't really come into his own as an actor yet in Panic in Needle Part. Its ok though.

Watched Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy for the 2nd time. It was great the second go around. One if the best casts in any film of the last few years.