Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

sonic sphere 03.10.2008 11:38 AM

a film called "my name is modesty." it had "quentin tarantino presents" written on the cover so i thought it might be good. i was wrong.

nicfit 03.10.2008 11:47 AM

eventually watched the illusionist. Pretty good, I liked the colours and the mood. reminded me of back then when shaymalan (spelling?) used to do decent movies.

Rob Instigator 03.10.2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
eventually watched the illusionist. Pretty good, I liked the colours and the mood. reminded me of back then when shaymalan (spelling?) used to do decent movies.

my g/f recorded that on the DVR. I will watch it soon.

Katy 03.10.2008 04:27 PM

watched a DVD of Leonard Nimoy's one-man production of the play "Vincent" from 1980 (based on the letters between Vincent Van Gogh and his brother Theo) last night. Quite liked it. Been mad into Van Gogh (and Star Trek) lately, so

Disgruntled Youth 03.10.2008 05:07 PM

Throne of Blood for the 1st time it was awesome now I kno wthe reason for the title. I'm a fan of Kurosawa's work but lately I haven't been in the mood for good cinema all I've been wanting to watch is simple action flicks like the new Diehard which I know sucks but I need some level of cheese in my life...

Katy 03.14.2008 08:05 PM

'Elling'.. Norwegian film about two mental patients given a state-funded apartment in Oslo. Saw the play version of it last year, translated into English and re-set in London. The movie is better.

Style 03.14.2008 09:15 PM

the decline of western civilization part III.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.15.2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Style
the decline of western civilization part III.

this was actually really good, and I was surprised.

toxic johnny 03.15.2008 04:41 PM

Absolutely indefinable...

Wonderful, unnerving. disorientating, funny and tragic.

fugazifan 03.15.2008 05:15 PM

i couldnt stand mister lonely

Sonic Youth 37 03.15.2008 06:40 PM

toxic johnny 03.17.2008 04:39 AM

Loved it!

!@#$%! 03.17.2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic johnny

Loved it!

oh shit i gotta catch that before it goes away.

_slavo_ 03.17.2008 09:51 AM

I didn't like it. Too boring. I actually fell asleep mid-way and my girlfriend had to wake me up.

Rob Instigator 03.17.2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic johnny

Loved it!

what kind of drugs were you on? I fucking walked out of that movie after 30 minutes of TERROR at how insipid and stupid and fucking bullshit whimsical, and goddamn pointless the whole endeavor was. Oh crap it hurt so BAD! It was so SHITTY! the entire theatre was dea quiet, NO ONE LAUGHED at all, except for some half drunk dude who laughed at the wrong moments.

fucking HORRIBLE MOVIE

worst movie I have seen in at least 5 years.

Rob Instigator 03.17.2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

I didn't like it. Too boring. I actually fell asleep mid-way and my girlfriend had to wake me up.

my girlfriend fell asleep through it too.
I enjoye dit though. I just think that anderson needs to co-write his movies with Owen Wilson. When he does that the movies have more depth and more real angst.

nicfit 03.17.2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what kind of drugs were you on? I fucking walked out of that movie after 30 minutes of TERROR at how insipid and stupid and fucking bullshit whimsical, and goddamn pointless the whole endeavor was. Oh crap it hurt so BAD! It was so SHITTY! the entire theatre was dea quiet, NO ONE LAUGHED at all, except for some half drunk dude who laughed at the wrong moments.

fucking HORRIBLE MOVIE

worst movie I have seen in at least 5 years.

not to diss you/your choice, but what if the rest of the movie was great and made up for the first 30 mins of lameness (not in this particular case, I mean in general)? I never had the guts to walk out of a cinema before a movie's end (and I can recall a specific case I wish I had ha ha aaaa), coz I keep thinking "what if...."....dunno, just curious. Maybe I'm too "positive" or have been lucky enough to choose flicks I dug.

Rob Instigator 03.17.2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
not to diss you/your choice, but what if the rest of the movie was great and made up for the first 30 mins of lameness (not in this particular case, I mean in general)? I never had the guts to walk out of a cinema before a movie's end (and I can recall a specific case I wish I had ha ha aaaa), coz I keep thinking "what if...."....dunno, just curious. Maybe I'm too "positive" or have been lucky enough to choose flicks I dug.

I agree. However, the running time for this mvie was listed at barely 90 minutes, or not even 90 minutes, so I had watched over a 1/3 of it. it made me deeply uncomfortable it was so horrible.

I am 34 years old and this is only the second movie I have ever ever ever walked out of.

nicfit 03.17.2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I agree. However, the running time for this mvie was listed at barely 90 minutes, or not even 90 minutes, so I had watched over a 1/3 of it. it made me deeply uncomfortable it was so horrible.

I am 34 years old and this is only the second movie I have ever ever ever walked out of.

Aaahhh, ok, I thought it happened much more times :D!
p.s. the movie I wish i never saw is Elektra, but I got a free ticket, so, yeah, I endured the pain to keep company to the friend who offered me the ticket.

ithinkimissyou 03.17.2008 10:29 AM