Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

sonic sphere 02.25.2013 09:57 AM

keep poppin pimples 02.25.2013 12:41 PM

repo man is the movie i've watched the most times i think, gets so much better every time, and i already knew it was the shit five minutes into the first time!

demonrail666 02.25.2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i'm still having a hard time getting used to seeing [***] carcetti's smug face in "game of thrones"

I've not seen Game of Thrones but I know he appears in the Wire later on. I've only seen him in British stuff so far and I can't stand him. It's weird that there are so many British actors playing American characters in The Wire. Idris Elba (Stringer-Bell) is a year younger than me and was brought up literally a few streets away from where I grew up.

!@#$%! 02.25.2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've not seen Game of Thrones but I know he appears in the Wire later on. I've only seen him in British stuff so far and I can't stand him. It's weird that there are so many British actors in The Wire.

when i first heard jimmy mcnulty's real voice i couldn't stop laughing.

lester, also, though american, works mainly out of england, i found out.

oh, and fucking stringer bell, he's english too, no? hilarious.

demonrail666 02.25.2013 01:33 PM

I love the scene where McNulty has to 'fake' an English accent. Dominic West is incredibly posh. He went to school at Eton with David Cameron. And yeah, Clarke Peters had a big theatre career in London prior to The Wire. All very odd.

umjammer atomsk 02.25.2013 06:26 PM

The Lacemaker

marleypumpkin 02.25.2013 11:28 PM

demonrail666 02.26.2013 06:28 AM

I thought the briefcase was a reference to Kiss Me Deadly.

!@#$%! 02.26.2013 12:07 PM

i thought it was just a by-the-book mcguffin

ilduclo 02.26.2013 01:41 PM

Sightseers

pretty good, not as good as Down Terrace, imo, but still some really nice stuff

dale_gribble 02.28.2013 03:42 PM

stieg larsson's millenium trilogy

sonic sphere 03.02.2013 01:06 PM

evollove 03.03.2013 07:45 PM

^ SOME LIKE IT HOT was on last night and I laughed a lot.

LOST WEEKEND, STALAG 17, APARTMENT, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, ONE TWO THREE are some good ones too. And there are a lot more that most people like, but might not be my particular cup of tea, like SABRINA. His last few films were pitiful, but that doesn't diminish his astonishingly long winning streak.

sonic sphere 03.04.2013 06:36 AM

batreleaser 03.04.2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

I love the scene where McNulty has to 'fake' an English accent. Dominic West is incredibly posh. He went to school at Eton with David Cameron. And yeah, Clarke Peters had a big theatre career in London prior to The Wire. All very odd.

When they use him to infiltrate the whore house in season 2, and he ends up fucking the whores. Classic. Mcnulty is the best cop character ever. Except for maybe Serpico. Actually no way, he's better than Serpico's self righteous ass.

Who are some other great movie/television cops?

Dale Cooper, Dirty Harry, Hank Schraeder, ummmm

batreleaser 03.04.2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

When they use him to infiltrate the whore house in season 2, and he ends up fucking the whores. Classic. Mcnulty is the best cop character ever. Except for maybe Serpico. Actually no way, he's better than Serpico's self righteous ass.

GravitySlips 03.04.2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser

The Bad Lieutenant, Harvey Keitel!

Bertrand 03.04.2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere

A fine fine one

!@#$%! 03.04.2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere

didjoo like?

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
he ends up fucking the whores.

every time i read/hear the name "jimmy mcnulty" the image i get is him fucking a whore over the hood of a car under some bridge or something. a patrol car comes by and spots him; mcnulty flashes his badge, wasted, and continues to fuck like nobody else is around.

cops: popeye doyle (ask demonrail). vic mackey (he's a dark motherfucker, but you can't help rooting for him). lester freamon. the lady in fargo.

ps- inspector clouseau! nick nolte in "affliction". orson welles in "a touch of evil"!

sonic sphere 03.05.2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
didjoo like?

it was ok, not really what i expected to be honest!
i wouldn't go out of my way to see it again or anything,
some beautiful scenery though. :)