Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

!@#$%! 07.17.2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
does the cost of electricity to engage an internet connection to piratebay and then convert the torrent file to an MP4 video count?

The last Rambo was awesome compared to rambo 3, 4, and 5, and 6, and 7

i don't know, i saw stallone on tv the other day with his trademark bandana ans silocone lips and i changed channel. it was too sad. like the sequel to the dirty dozen but even worse.

h8kurdt 07.17.2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
please don't tell me you paid for that

Why would any red blooded male NOT pay money to see Rambo?!

!@#$%! 07.17.2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Why would any red blooded male NOT pay money to see Rambo?!

it's not 1980

evollove 07.17.2013 04:32 PM

Remember in PART II when he blew up a guy with a bomb-tipped arrow? That shocked me then. Seems so gentle after the last movie when he fucking liquifies a guy with a machine gun.

PS- I watched it only for the politics.

demonrail666 07.17.2013 07:20 PM

Not sure about the rest but First Blood is an excellent movie by any standards and may as well be from another series altogether. I like the rest but more as guilty pleasures. The first one still really stands up, though.

!@#$%! 07.17.2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Not sure about the rest but First Blood is an excellent movie by any standards and may as well be from another series altogether. I like the rest but more as guilty pleasures. The first one still really stands up, though.

The original Rocky is pretty great but the rest were all about squeezing a progressively drying and shriveling teat until it turned to dust. Did you see Rocky Balboa? Embarrassing!

Speaking of red blooded males, Stallone now has silicone lips like Joan Rivers.

Respect=zero.

h8kurdt 07.18.2013 02:25 AM

Rocky Balboa was great! It made for a nice ending in the series that V wasn't going to give.

Keeping It Simple 07.18.2013 07:25 AM

Drive. Ryan Gosling was exceptionally cool in the movie as "the driver". Clearly a remake of The Driver.

!@#$%! 07.18.2013 10:58 AM

THE GATEKEEPERS

just released on disc. interviews with former directors of shin bet (israel's internal security agency) who speak about the history of their organization and the occupation/colonization of palestinian lands. really excellent stuff. it will blow your mind.

demonrail666 07.18.2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
The original Rocky is pretty great but the rest were all about squeezing a progressively drying and shriveling teat until it turned to dust. Did you see Rocky Balboa? Embarrassing!

Speaking of red blooded males, Stallone now has silicone lips like Joan Rivers.

Respect=zero.

I thought the first two Rockys were great and even though the third one's not brilliant, I'll always watch it whenever it's on TV.

I watched the first Expendables film this morning. It's good for what it is although more because of Jason Statham than for Stallone. In terms of action heroes, Statham's the man right now.

Rob Instigator 07.18.2013 02:12 PM

The last Rambo was excellent primal action.

The expendables 2 is real lame.

demonrail666 07.18.2013 02:34 PM

I've not seen Expendables 2 yet. I know it's meant to be awful but I won't be able to hold off watching it for too long.

!@#$%! 07.18.2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

I thought the first two Rockys were great and even though the third one's not brilliant, I'll always watch it whenever it's on TV.

rocky 1 was great and 2 was the sequel, okay

but rocky IV, what utter shit, i mean, preposterous

Quote:

\Statham

i'm still trying to watch the first transporter. you just reminded me to up it on my netflix quee.

Quote:

The last Rambo was excellent primal action.

i guess my prejudice against men with silicone lips (who aren't burn victims) kept me from some good fun. but no, seriously, every time i looked at his face i'd start laughing-- i can't get into a movie that way.

Rob Instigator 07.18.2013 03:04 PM

oh man the killin' the atrocities

the bad bad burmese tyrants

the way heads disintegrate when hit by the sniper rifle dang

!@#$%! 07.18.2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

the bad bad burmese tyrants

yesterday in the news i was watching a report about peasants displaced by the government in burma. they have nowhere to go.

it was just like the grapes of wrath, but in 2013.

Rob Instigator 07.18.2013 04:24 PM

Love the Marx Bros. I dig the anarchy.

batreleaser 07.19.2013 01:41 AM

Just watched "only god forgives" on PPV with my lady. It was original, weird, disturbing and violent (though less than I anticipated considering the press). Fuck critics I thought it was great. Far from perfect but it revels in its sloppiness, all style and no Elia Kazan, yet I still walked away from it with some feeling. A peculiar film that I have no doubt will amass a "cult" following in the future.

demonrail666 07.19.2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
Just watched "only god forgives" on PPV with my lady. It was original, weird, disturbing and violent (though less than I anticipated considering the press). Fuck critics I thought it was great. Far from perfect but it revels in its sloppiness, all style and no Elia Kazan, yet I still walked away from it with some feeling. A peculiar film that I have no doubt will amass a "cult" following in the future.

Yeah, I really wanna see that. It's not out in the UK till August, though. Kristin Scott Thomas looks sexy as hell in the trailer.

Trama 07.19.2013 10:43 AM

I'm not crazy about Danny Boyle but I enjoyed this. Good soundtrack too.

Toilet & Bowels 07.19.2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I really wanna see that. It's not out in the UK till August, though. Kristin Scott Thomas looks sexy as hell in the trailer.

I like the idea of Kristen Scott Thomas playing a vengeful psycho lady or whatever, but I thought Driver was the biggest most over hyped pile of style over substance crap I've seen in years.