Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

dead_battery 07.23.2013 02:34 AM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.23.2013 03:14 AM

Genteel Death 07.23.2013 07:05 AM

That's right madam sit on the ham.

floatingslowly 07.23.2013 10:27 PM

WOMEN are living in fear of a hairy sex dwarf reported to suck on his unsuspecting victims.

The creature known as a Tokoloshe has apparently been causing havoc in the village Bethanie in Namibia, southern Africa,since early this year.

“The Tokoloshe sexually abused us,” reported Veterika Gawises, a 37-year old mother of six children.

Gawises said that she was shocked by the ordeal and is very afraid as this unexplained phenomenon presents a particular kind of hell for women in the village.

Another woman who reportedly suffered the torment of the breast-sucking tokoloshe refused to speak out of fear.

The husband of Gawises reiterated the claims about the tokoloshe and said: “My wife and some other women complained about the sexually abusive breast-sucking tokoloshe at Bethanie.”

The residents are now hoping to bring in prophets to pray for them as the matter has gotten out of hand, but the fees charged to exorcise the town are exorbitant and beyond the means of the poverty-stricken rural community.

“We plan to bring prophets, one of whom has asked for N$10 000, while another asked for N$2 800 to pray for us,” Gawises said.

An elderly married man at the town is suspected of being behind the sexually abusive tokoloshe.

According to Gawises the man asked them for forgiveness and has said that “the thing is not meant to harm you, but was sent to someone else.”

The existence of this mythical creature can not be verified and to date no proof exists to verify the veracity of the reports from the village of Bethanie.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.23.2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
The existence of this mythical creature can not be verified and to date no proof exists to verify the veracity of the reports from the village of Bethanie.

h8kurdt 07.24.2013 07:47 AM

That Bruce gig was the single greatest gig I've ever been too. Mind-blown.

demonrail666 07.24.2013 03:07 PM

Fantastic! I got an audio of last month's Wembley concert and he sounded amazing. Goosebumps just listening to it. I can only imagine what being there must've been like.

Rob Instigator 07.26.2013 11:26 AM

WE ARE ALWAYS TOLD NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE BUT IT IS SO FUCKING FUN!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.26.2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
WE ARE ALWAYS TOLD NOT TO PLAY WITH FIRE BUT IT IS SO FUCKING FUN!

Dude, I thought Jerry Bear was going to Magically appear!!

Speaking of something completely irrelevant.. last night was like the lightning apocalypse over LA last night. A blast so powerful it shook my house for several seconds like an earthquake.. The flash was so bright it entered into my dream, and woke me up thinking there was like a damned plane crash outside! Actually, I feel asleep watching a documentary on the development of the hydrogen bomb, so eerily, when the flash entered into my dream and then I was awakened by the boom and rumbling, I for a split second honestly had a primal fear that it was a fucking nuclear explosion... shit was wild. caused a power surge and the thunderstorm lasted for over an hour with more loud, powerful thunder with blinding lightning flashes.. It was some Texas shit yo!

Rob Instigator 07.26.2013 01:33 PM

awesome and scary!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.26.2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

awesome and scary!

You live in Texas, should be used to it. In fact by Texax standards, it was just a squall.. ;)

Rob Instigator 07.26.2013 02:01 PM

I am used to it. I slept through a hurricane 3 years ago....

I love thunderstorms. rolling thunder makes me feel alive! Like the heavens are having an Unsane concert...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.26.2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

I am used to it. I slept through a hurricane 3 years ago....

I love thunderstorms. rolling thunder makes me feel alive! Like the heavens are having an Unsane concert...

That is true. We sleep through earthquakes here in LA, in fact, we can determine the richter scale reading from bed without even getting up, and then check it in the morning news to see if we were accurate like checking last night's sports' scores. The last small shaker that woke me up was a 3.9, and I guessed 4.0 in between rolling over ;)

Rob Instigator 07.26.2013 02:47 PM

I remember being around 5 years old and waking up from a nap during an earthquake in Puerto Rico. That shit was crazy

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.26.2013 02:51 PM

Well, it is pretty crazy because you never know when it starts if it is going to be one of the 4.0 don't get out of bed or 6.0 knock you fuck out of bed kind of earthquakes, and it is a fraction of a second that determines the difference.. My biggest fear as a teacher is how all of our students have never experienced a real earthquake, they don't take the drills as serious as I did when I was a kid in school, but I grew up through three devastating, fatal earthquakes in LA area which shaped our consciousness. Kids today only have small shakers as a frame of reference, they literally can't imagine what a big earthquake even feels like, let alone why it can be frightening.

By the way, what the fuck is THIS SHIT ad on SBNation.com??

I mean, incontinence is no joking matter, but really, honestly, I couldn't stop snickering like I was in the fif grade!!

Rob Instigator 07.26.2013 04:23 PM

Once the harshness has died down we will all swim like tadpoles, waiting for our metamorphosis into the frogs of our dreams.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.26.2013 04:45 PM

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams, will be, destroyed..

Bytor Peltor 07.27.2013 09:21 PM

My wife and I along with our daughters and my in-laws made our way to the Houston Hobby Center earlier today to see a performance of, Wicked

Before the show we enjoyed lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse.

EVOLghost 07.28.2013 11:44 AM

White Castle last night was the worst idea.

!@#$%! 07.28.2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
White Castle last night was the worst idea.

dude, when is white castle ever a good idea? ha ha ha ha

EVOLghost 07.28.2013 11:59 AM

I get what yer saying....but it was the 'worst' decision I made yesterday....quite the worst decision of the weekend. But I dunno....I'd rather not think about it anymore and simply poo this out and move on.

!@#$%! 07.28.2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

I get what yer saying....but it was the 'worst' decision I made yesterday....quite the worst decision of the weekend. But I dunno....I'd rather not think about it anymore and simply poo this out and move on.

bhaaa haaa haa

eh, let it all out. it's a good thing.

Bytor Peltor 07.28.2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
dude, when is white castle ever a good idea? ha ha ha ha

Back in the early 90's during my one and only visit to Chicago, my traveling companions were dead set on eating at White Castle. I had heard about how good their "little burgers" were.

By far one of the worst things I have ever eaten!

Can't believe a movie was made about'em.

!@#$%! 07.28.2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Back in the early 90's during my one and only visit to Chicago, my traveling companions were dead set on eating at White Castle. I had heard about how good their "little burgers" were.

By far one of the worst things I have ever eaten!

Can't believe a movie was made about'em.

ha ha ha-- yes!

it tastes like carboard boiled in chicken bouillon.

i much rather stay at home and grill a steak. STEAK! now, that... mmm-mmm-mmm! doesn't even have to be the expensive kind either.

i just had steak and egg for breakfast. with some fresh pineapple on the side.

damn, i live well.

EVOLghost 07.28.2013 01:09 PM

To be honest...I really don't know why I keep getting White Castle, it makes me feel like crap....LITERALLY now. I was hungry, it was late, and my friend and I wanted to eat and chill for a minute.

!@#$%! 07.28.2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

To be honest...I really don't know why I keep getting White Castle, it makes me feel like crap....LITERALLY now. I was hungry, it was late, and my friend and I wanted to eat and chill for a minute.

ha ha ha

too much mota!

okay, next time you're like that look at this picture. look at it... look at it good...

is murphy's really as good as they say or is it bullshit? (im curious)

Bytor Peltor 07.28.2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

ha ha ha

too much mota!

okay, next time you're like that look at this picture. look at it... look at it good...

Hey EVOL - fast food eating in the late late night is a big gamble for us all.

Back to the White Castle - YES - cardboard with mustard and ketchup is what it tasted like. Two of the guys I was with moved to Texas from Boston and just thought "all things" in the north east were great. They talked about Whit Castle as if it were a gourmet treat.

Chicago wood fire pizza......now that lived up to the hype!

Is it just me or does the weenier in the picture above resemble a BIG TOE :eek:

Quote:

damn, i live well.

Yes you do!

Bytor Peltor 07.28.2013 02:00 PM

Speaking of gourmet, my daughter and I went to Daddy O's to have burgers for lunch. I got the fried egg and she got the build your own with avocado, jalapenos and such. Each came of jalapeno cheese bread and were the bomb!

And so were the fresh cut fries......

EVOLghost 07.28.2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

ha ha ha

too much mota!

Honestly I've only had it like once. I dot remember the last time I ordered a hot dog, I'd rather eat something else.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.29.2013 01:46 AM

Bytor Peltor 07.29.2013 02:46 AM

Packed up and headed to Crystal Beach......see you SONIC peeps at the end of the week.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.29.2013 02:05 PM

If you're in the South, Georgia or Mississippi in particular, why NOT just live on brisket? Shit. I do and I'm just in LA (well that and tacos, but isn't bomb bbq as common as street tacos there? ) ;)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.29.2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
well Such, it's not that popular down here. pork rips are more common than anything. besides i think brisket is kinda expensive. you could go to a deli and get corn beef instead.

That's true, brisket is more Memphis or Saint Louis style bbq. Y'all in Georgia dig on that swine too much for my tastes, but then again, my folks is from St Louis so that might explain it ;)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.29.2013 07:07 PM

Homegrown tomatoes and peppers are almost better than homegrown sensi!

EVOLghost 07.30.2013 12:44 AM

speaking of.....I just picked up earlier. Holy cow this stuff is amazing. Lavender. Love it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2013 01:30 PM

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

tesla69 08.02.2013 09:43 AM

JPMorgan Chase
Total Assets: $1,812,837,000,000 (just over 1.8 trillion dollars)
Total Exposure To Derivatives: $69,238,349,000,000 (more than 69 trillion dollars)

Citibank
Total Assets: $1,347,841,000,000 (a bit more than 1.3 trillion dollars)
Total Exposure To Derivatives: $52,150,970,000,000 (more than 52 trillion dollars)

Bank Of America
Total Assets: $1,445,093,000,000 (a bit more than 1.4 trillion dollars)
Total Exposure To Derivatives: $44,405,372,000,000 (more than 44 trillion dollars)

Goldman Sachs
Total Assets: $114,693,000,000 (a bit more than 114 billion dollars - yes, you read that correctly)
Total Exposure To Derivatives: $41,580,395,000,000 (more than 41 trillion dollars)
That means that the total exposure that Goldman Sachs has to derivatives contracts is more than 362 times greater than their total assets.

h8kurdt 08.02.2013 12:48 PM

Forgive me...but what the devil is 'Total Exposure To Derivatives'.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.02.2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Forgive me...but what the devil is 'Total Exposure To Derivatives'.

Its sort of like how much imaginary money they can play with, only exceedingly more complicated than that.

Rob Instigator 08.02.2013 03:32 PM