Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.03.2013 12:26 AM

How did I just barely discover this book today??

Nefeli 08.03.2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Forgive me...but what the devil is 'Total Exposure To Derivatives'.

the thing with derivatives, well its their important characteristic and it is a problem because people are stupid and greedy, is the thing that is called 'leverage risk'.

the nominal value of a derivative is multi times larger than the actual money you put on it. (margin). and it rarely comes to the ending point, where you have to exchange the whole value of it.
-hence, the size of the derivatives market is crazy.
however you 'play', your gains and losses are on the nominal value, so you might end up losing whole your capital (the margin) and far more of course, if noone stops you.

im not sure if 'total exposure' means all positions a bank has on derivatives, or only the uncovered ones.
i mean you can have a portfolio with combined and complicated positions and strategies that protect each other from losses - you dont gain much either, but you do it for a gazzilion other reasons.

you can love and at the same time, hate derivatives. thats how it is.
banks and 'houses' you can just hate them.

EVOLghost 08.03.2013 09:31 AM

This train isn't moving and I have to take a dump.

EVOLghost 08.03.2013 04:23 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.03.2013 09:19 PM

Scars on Broadway wouldn't actually be that bad if Daron wasn't singing. Well, System of A Down's last few records wouldn't have been bad if they hadn't let him sing more either!

EVOLghost 08.04.2013 06:38 AM

I don't think his singing is really that bad. Some songs are whack...but his voice has that creepy thing which makes it sound....NOT bad.

guest 08.04.2013 08:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g1Og5Tg_Jyo

EVOLghost 08.04.2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest

why is this a thing?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.04.2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I don't think his singing is really that bad. Some songs are whack...but his voice has that creepy thing which makes it sound....NOT bad.

Really? I was just thinking that more honestly he is terrible, and letting that jack ass sing more basically ruined System of a Down for me, and I LOVED System of a Down :eek:

EVOLghost 08.05.2013 11:48 AM

So...I go to the bank to do one of our broker's a favor and deposit his check into his account. Now...this is a personal account which is receiving the check. When I am being attended by the teller...the teller begins the normal "small talk". I've had small talk with bank tellers, but none ever seem to have gotten so personal...I went back to the car and wondered why she was so talkative. Then I remembered the check I deposited was for a sum with 5 figures and she may have thought it was my check.... buahahaha....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.05.2013 11:52 AM

Haha.. yeah. Flirting with bank girls is the best part of going to the bank. My credit union didn't used to even have the bullet proof glass, so used to be able to flirt eye to eye, and lean in a bit. When they put in the glass, instant cock-blocking!

Rob Instigator 08.05.2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

So...I go to the bank to do one of our broker's a favor and deposit his check into his account. Now...this is a personal account which is receiving the check. When I am being attended by the teller...the teller begins the normal "small talk". I've had small talk with bank tellers, but none ever seem to have gotten so personal...I went back to the car and wondered why she was so talkative. Then I remembered the check I deposited was for a sum with 5 figures and she may have thought it was my check.... buahahaha....

some chicks prefer bank roll to cock size.

EVOLghost 08.05.2013 11:54 AM

I was going to wait till later this week to pick up....butt....maybe I'll do it today. I feel like laying down and listening to music all day.

EVOLghost 08.05.2013 11:59 AM

Yeah....it's weird talking to those tellers though...I never know when I am trying to be funny or not. They like to laugh at a lot of things.

"do you mind stapling this to the receipt"
"hehehehe oh you!"

Genteel Death 08.06.2013 09:08 AM

EVOLghost 08.08.2013 10:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5gBvdykd4

One of the most romantic things ever.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.08.2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5gBvdykd4

One of the most romantic things ever.

Even more romantic than this?

EVOLghost 08.09.2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Even more romantic than this?

What's more romantic than two lovers pulling off the most optimal damage(at the time, don't know if it still is now) combo DURING A TOURNAMENT. Did you see how much health that dood had left? like 90%(and he's one of highest amounts health in the game)....and it's all gone after that combo....RIDIC!

(the pair on the left)

EVOLghost 08.09.2013 04:00 AM

Rob Instigator 08.09.2013 08:30 AM

Wat the fuck are you posting genteel? Ha!

!@#$%! 08.09.2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Wat the fuck are you posting genteel? Ha!

it's awesome! it makes me think of aeon flux, aubrey beardsley, and steroids. but it's something else, of course.

Bytor Peltor 08.09.2013 05:10 PM

Real World star Sean Sasser dies at age 44
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-dies-44.html

I wonder what Puck is up to???

!@#$%! 08.09.2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Real World star Sean Sasser dies at age 44
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-dies-44.html

wow, that's totally made for this topic.

who are those people?

(nah, don't worry about answering :D )

Bytor Peltor 08.09.2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
nah, don't worry about answering :D

Quote:

Say it ain't so Puck http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3634292.html

pony 08.09.2013 08:38 PM

I got really nice mail today, thank you Bytor Peltor!!
I was sad all day before I checked the mailbox, but your mail made me really happy! Thank you HEAPS! <3

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.09.2013 09:02 PM

Bytor Peltor 08.10.2013 03:00 PM

Good to know it safely arrived - enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
I got really nice mail today, thank you Bytor Peltor!!
I was sad all day before I checked the mailbox, but your mail made me really happy! Thank you HEAPS! <3

EVOLghost 08.11.2013 10:05 PM

how to piss in public
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPl94ir6dLw

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.11.2013 10:21 PM

Bytor Peltor 08.12.2013 12:24 AM

The eleven year old and I just returned from viewing the Perseid meteor shower.
We saw close to 30, but only five or so lasted several seconds with a long streaking tail......the mosquitoes sent us home.

The fireflies were out in force tonight!

Savage Clone 08.12.2013 10:38 AM

Too cloudy here.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.12.2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

The eleven year old and I just returned from viewing the Perseid meteor shower.
We saw close to 30, but only five or so lasted several seconds with a long streaking tail......the mosquitoes sent us home.

The fireflies were out in force tonight!

The light pollution in LA makes these invisible, though two years ago it was dark enough on a new moon night that I saw several. Really, I should go up to the San Gabriels where you can have an epic view, however, in all honesty, I've seen over 40 "shooting stars" over the past few years, all entirely random beyond coincidence ( I just happened to see them, or more particular, I was outside and the streak happened to catch my attention) so part of me doesn't want to make it as easy as just going up to the mountains to watch a meteor shower. The perpetual young boy who lives in my psyche on the other hand, is always disappointed I didn't make the trek.

Rob Instigator 08.12.2013 12:56 PM

I hope the clouds part in Houston tonight so I can see some of these bad boys

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.12.2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

I hope the clouds part in Houston tonight so I can see some of these bad boys

Careful, between Dwight Howard's enormous head and James Harden's fantastic beard, the view in Houston might just be obstructed ;)

Rob Instigator 08.12.2013 01:20 PM

and all the big ol BOOTIES

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.12.2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

and all the big ol BOOTIES

Yeah, that's true, Dwight Howard's ass is about as big as his head, and Harden, I've always loved The Beard but well he was always a little chubby, not quite Raymond Felton but.. ;)

schizophrenicroom 08.13.2013 01:28 AM

i miss this thread

EVOLghost 08.13.2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yeah, that's true, Dwight Howard's ass is about as big as his head, and Harden, I've always loved The Beard but well he was always a little chubby, not quite Raymond Felton but.. ;)

You be lookin' at dood's asses?

Toilet & Bowels 08.13.2013 08:53 AM

Turns out the chronic acid reflux I've had for the last 8 years might be due to gluten/wheat intolerance.

Rob Instigator 08.13.2013 08:57 AM

can't handle the wheat. HUmans have only been cultivating wheat and grains for a blink of an eye, evolutionarily speaking, and many humans have no capability to process the wheat carbs.

some can't handle cow's milk. Others can't take peanuts. Is a bomb meant to vaporize a large quantity of peanuts in a public space a mass destruction device, since maybe 1 out of 200 in the space wil be allergic to peanuts and drop dead of anaphylactic shock?