Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.28.2013 04:18 PM

USA needs to man up, stop letting all these cheap shots by Panama stop our game. Just win it. Great sub! Corona sit yo ass down, Shea brought us a goal within 1 minute of hitting the field. Right after dirty ass Panama play with a cleats up kick to Landon's ankle. These guys are playing like goons!! This ref is lucky the US fans aren't hooligans like those wild a$$ Brazilians, or shit, even the Poles ;)

And what the fuck is Panama thinking letting seal coach their national team!

!@#$%! 07.28.2013 05:04 PM

Thank you brek Shea for not letting this unmitigated shitfest go into overtime

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.28.2013 05:07 PM

I love it. 3 minutes into injury time Panama shoves Shea. Ref comes in throwing a yellow card against Panama. The Panamanian dude decides to flop next the Shea. The ref looks at Panama teammates, points to the dude, points to his watch, tells them to pick his ass up! HAHAHAHA!! After getting robbed by the refs all day we finally got some whistles our way in the final minutes. USA was playing our boring oldschool style and didn't show up until 54 minutes. Then we started playing the new style, it started to work. We would rather have whooped ass, but a win is a win for a trophy, see y'all in the Confederation Cup! Sorry Panama. Y'all looked sad, I feel bad for y'all, but shouldn't be playing so damned dirty, serves you right!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.28.2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

And what the fuck is Panama thinking letting seal coach their national team!

Seriously! That was an ugly game for the US, but we can look back and readjust to the challenges a more pressure defense by Panama gave us to prepare to finish our our WC Hexagonal.. The bright-side we didn't let Panama score, so the defense held up when it needed to, but we lost our cool under all the dirty plays and honest pressure, and we need to keep our composure better if we expect to do well in the future against more powerhouse teams. There is still a lot of potential to build on, and this game all the more proved how after the later minutes when USA got back to it, the Klinsmann style is working.

!@#$%! 07.30.2013 09:10 AM

tomorrow espn2 has 2 audi cup matches

FUCK YES.

h8kurdt 07.30.2013 12:35 PM

What the fuck is the audi cup? And more to the point-who gives the fuck about it?

!@#$%! 07.30.2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
What the fuck is the audi cup? And more to the point-who gives the fuck about it?

i do!

the audi cup is some sort of cup (lol) that has bayern, ac milan, sao paulo and man city playing for some sort of cup (lol).

what the fuck it means for me is A CHANCE TO SEE BAYERN PRE-SEASON.

everything else can fuck off.

okay, i wanna see sao paulo. i've said this before but improved economic conditions in brazil means their teams are starting some kind of "buy back" program w/ exports and internationals.

chauvinistically speaking, having a world-class south-american league again (some day) would be awesome. (this probably was the case in the 50s but we didn't have satellite tv to compare)

demonrail666 07.30.2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Haha.

So for Fantasy Football purposes, what are the chances of Everton starting with Kone in their first game?

!@#$%! 07.30.2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha.

So for Fantasy Football purposes, what are the chances of Everton starting with Kone in their first game?

What the fuck is the Everton? And more to the point-who gives the fuck about it?

h8kurdt 07.31.2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Haha.

I'd say pretty high. Although Jelavic had a great game against Blackburn in a friendly on Saturday, so there'sa good chance he could too. To put it simply, I've not the foggiest.

h8kurdt 07.31.2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
What the fuck is the Everton? And more to the point-who gives the fuck about it?

Oh sorry, I forgot you only follow big teams. A typical glory supporter as they call it.

CRUNCH! LOW BLOW!

demonrail666 07.31.2013 06:22 AM

If this isn't just some kind of wind up, it's beyond hilarious. Liverpool have supposedly drawn up a list of unacceptable words as a guideline for its players.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...discrimination

Trama 07.31.2013 07:09 AM

Hah that's great

TheMadcapLaughs 07.31.2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

If this isn't just some kind of wind up, it's beyond hilarious. Liverpool have supposedly drawn up a list of unacceptable words as a guideline for its players.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...e-a-do-001.jpg

suarez: "that spazzy yid lezzer looks like a tranny"

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Oh sorry,

maybe

Quote:

you

regardless of what i do, your team is gonna be shit-- even after 140 years of trying

Quote:

follow big teams.

says the guy whose panties get wet for cronaldo and real madrid

Quote:

glory supporter as they call it.

life is too short to drink cheap beer-- or watch everton

Quote:

CRUNCH! LOW BLOW!

in your little world maybe

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

what in the world of fuck is a "half caste"?

demonrail666 07.31.2013 10:31 AM

mixed race

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

mixed race

ah ha ha ha ha ha

i'm totally a "half-caste." how is that an insult? feel free to call me that. "octoroon" would fine as well. hilarious!

--

bayern/sao paulo starts in a few minutes. i hope it's not a farce like the barcelona game you described!

EDIT: it's actually ac milan vs. man city. watch balotelli play against his old team. that's gonna be fun.

2ND EDIT: oh shit! he's out injured! damn.

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 12:03 PM

Bananas

5-0 @ 35'
5-3 @ 42'

!?!?!?

h8kurdt 07.31.2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

maybe

regardless of what i do, your team is gonna be shit-- even after 140 years of trying

says the guy whose panties get wet for cronaldo and real madrid

life is too short to drink cheap beer-- or watch everton

in your little world maybe

Lol. Learn your history about English football.

h8kurdt 07.31.2013 12:47 PM

And it appears that you took my previous comment far more serious than you should've.

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Lol. Learn your history about English football.

yeah, i'll call you with questions the day i give a shit!

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

And it appears that you took my previous comment far more serious than you should've.

nah man, it was just trash talk, i was returning the exchange.

nothing serious meant and we're cool as far as i see it.

you watching this man city game? dzeko had a great first half.

h8kurdt 07.31.2013 12:55 PM

Nah man, I've not bothered watching any of the pre-season games. It usually ends up being some teeny-weeny asian team get battered by Man Utd and co.

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 01:05 PM

ha ha ha ha

alright!

man city beat ac milan 5-3

maybe pellegrini is on to something or maybe it's all just wankery but it was a fun first half.

they play the "final" tomorrow vs. the winner of bayern/sao paulo

!@#$%! 07.31.2013 02:32 PM

bayern is looking weird.

javi martinez as central defender, lahm as midfielder again, and they look like everyone is tripping over each other.

they are pressuring sao paulo but facing either back luck or good goalkeeping and not being able to convert.

PEP!!! DON'T FUCK IT UP!!!

--

in the end this was no real test so i'm not sure about the winning. i'm concerned however with pep's churrigueresque formations.

tomorrow vs. man city should be really interesting because the ingleses played an awesome first half (though granted it was vs. a loose defense)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.01.2013 12:31 PM

I just love me some Steve Nash. The NBA doesn't always get his dead-panning though, sometimes they just take him too serious! Like in another interview asking about his playing soccer, they asked what was his best skill as a footballer? He said, "Passing." Haha. The dude is probably the third best all-time assist creating point-guard in NBA history (behind John Stockton and Magic Johnson), passing his his basketball identity, I love how he uses it to poke fun at himself in two-sports at the same time. The guy is a class act!

Rob Instigator 08.01.2013 01:11 PM

Steve Nash could have been the greatest footballer from canada ever.

demonrail666 08.01.2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

ah ha ha ha ha ha

i'm totally a "half-caste." how is that an insult? feel free to call me that. "octoroon" would fine as well. hilarious!

It's a term, like coloured, that older people would use when trying to be polite and 'progressive' but became offensive about 15 years ago. No wonder so many people of a certain generation seem to have given up even trying to say the right thing, given whatever's acceptable now probably won't be sometime soon.

!@#$%! 08.01.2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

It's a term, like coloured, that older people would use when trying to be polite and 'progressive' but became offensive about 15 years ago. No wonder so many people of a certain generation seem to have given up even trying to say the right thing, given whatever's acceptable now probably won't be sometime soon.

guess in some places it used to be not good to be a mixblood, but these days nobody relevant gives a shit.

anyway, back to topic -- you gonna watch this bayern/ man city game or what?

they are doing some silly ceremonial posturing in the middle of the pitch

PEP, DON'T FUCK IT UP!!!

!@#$%! 08.01.2013 01:34 PM

the fucker has brought 4:3:3 the dreaded false 9 for today

watch muller in that role

HEYNCKES!! COME BAAAACKKKK!!!!!

demonrail666 08.01.2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

the fucker has brought 4:3:3 the dreaded false 9 for today

watch muller in that role

HEYNCKES!! COME BAAAACKKKK!!!!!

4-3-3 is probably the right way to go in this game, anyway. They're just prodding around looking for a gap and with such a packed City defence, there's little else they can really do.

Good game so far I think.

!@#$%! 08.01.2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

4-3-3 is probably the right way to go in this game, anyway. They're just prodding around looking for a gap and with such a packed City defence, there's little else they can really do.

Good game so far I think.

Yeah, I'm liking it so far, City just woke up upfront which should make for a more competitive 2nd half.

demonrail666 08.01.2013 02:30 PM

Yeah. It would've been against the run of play but Nagredo should've probably put City ahead towards the end.

And just to say Boyata's booking for his challenge on Ribery is everything that's wrong with how referees treat defenders now. A brilliant tackle. Not even a foul, never mind a booking.

h8kurdt 08.01.2013 02:39 PM

Oh may I just point out Everton beat Juventus last night. A friendly, sure but TAKE THAT PIRLO , BITCH!

demonrail666 08.01.2013 02:58 PM

I think I might be a bit gay for Pirlo.

!@#$%! 08.01.2013 03:30 PM

wow that was entertaining and temporarily frustrating but ultimately satisfying. i have now enough evidence that donkey-face martinez is a much better midfielder than central defender. shakiri-- what beast! i would not like to get into a fight with that guy-- he's tiny but massively strong-- wow.

ps- re: pirlo. how is he a "bitch"? i don't get it. he's awesome.

demonrail666 08.01.2013 03:48 PM

Martinez did seem a bit off the pace but he's had a busier summer than most. His only problem today was a lack of speed which is nothing but fatigue. Even though he didn't play much, his whole involvement in the Confederations Cup would've taken its toll and probably put him a couple of weeks behind those who didn't go.

Yeah, it was a good game, although I hate the unlimited subs thing in any game. It just means the whole thing eventually descends to nonsense. Worth watching if only for the first half, though.

TheMadcapLaughs 08.01.2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

I think I might be a bit gay for Pirlo.

playmaker to winemaker....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx7rhSiIr3c

!@#$%! 08.01.2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Martinez did seem a bit off the pace but he's had a busier summer than most. His only problem today was a lack of speed which is nothing but fatigue. Even though he didn't play much, his whole involvement in the Confederations Cup would've taken its toll and probably put him a couple of weeks behind those who didn't go.

Yeah, it was a good game, although I hate the unlimited subs thing in any game. It just means the whole thing eventually descends to nonsense. Worth watching if only for the first half, though.

i think he's more about endurance than speed proper, but you're right.

he could probably use a long long nap.

agree w/ the sub game, it's a bit idiotic, but being that it's a preseason friendly the last thing you want is a bunch of injuries.

bundesliga starts next week! oh mang...