Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

sarramkrop 08.31.2008 01:32 PM

Cheers man. I just finished to listen to Melly and Cantanky's stuff. Very, very good. Who plays what on it?

al shabbray 08.31.2008 01:33 PM

http://www.myspace.com/catsleeph

and you jut should do it!!!
(what about the soundcloud account, slavo?)

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 08.31.2008 01:36 PM

The New Rotten Sound.

Sonic Youth 37 08.31.2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
EDIT: wrong quote :o, the right one was by Sonic Youth 37, which follows.

Ditto.

Regarding No quarter I think its reworking on Page & Plant - Unledded doesn't work at all (I much prefer the original with the organ and all).

Houses of the Holy was the last good Zeppelin album. The others just have one or two good songs each. It's by no means my favorite either. That title would go to 1 or 3.

MellySingsDoom 08.31.2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Cheers man. I just finished to listen to Melly and Cantanky's stuff. Very, very good. Who plays what on it?

On "Lady In Radiator", it's me on guitar, bass and electronics, and Cantanky on vocals and electronics. The other two pieces are all done by me. I'm hoping to do some original tunes w/her in the not-too distant future. I have one or two ideas already in my head, which I'm hoping to do something with over the next week or so.

Glad you liked the tunes, sarram - much appreciated :)

Everyneurotic 08.31.2008 01:40 PM

cycles? not my favorite album, i haven't listened to it since like january.

---
after a brief recess listening to campbell kneale's new emo-named band (i know it's because of his album but still), i'm now resuming my dancing around with soft cell, "chips on my shoulder" right now.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 08.31.2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
cycles? not my favorite album, i haven't listened to it since like january.

---
after a brief recess listening to campbell kneale's new emo-named band (i know it's because of his album but still), i'm now resuming my dancing around with soft cell, "chips on my shoulder" right now.

Yeah, Cycles.
The whole thing is on Last.fm so I thought I'd check it out. I've never listened to any of their other stuff so I don't know what to compare it to. The music though, to me, sounds a lot like Converge's "No Heros".

Everyneurotic 08.31.2008 01:45 PM

i like exit and consume to contaminate ep a lot more though; it's more grindcore.

but yeah, i thought they sounded more...hmmm...metalcore on cycles, not a bad thing but it took me by surprise, i should re-listen.

blunderbuss 08.31.2008 01:47 PM

Today I've been listening to Gate, Narita Munehiro, Boredoms and Explosions in the Sky.

sarramkrop 08.31.2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Today I've been listening to Gate, High Rise, Boredoms and Explosions in the Sky.

Do you have a myspace?

blunderbuss 08.31.2008 01:50 PM

No, but I have a takeaway pizza joint.

sarramkrop 08.31.2008 01:52 PM

Hmm cutting edge, man.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 08.31.2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i like exit and consume to contaminate ep a lot more though; it's more grindcore.

but yeah, i thought they sounded more...hmmm...metalcore on cycles, not a bad thing but it took me by surprise, i should re-listen.

Yeah, I just noticed they've got some other stuff, including Exit uploaded so I'll be listening to those in the near future.

sonic sphere 08.31.2008 02:00 PM

swans-children of god

Torn Curtain 08.31.2008 02:24 PM

Edith Piaf - ten songs from "Carnegie Hall 01-13-57"

atsonicpark 08.31.2008 02:25 PM

m ward
john cephas
raybeats
zs
pwrfl power

_slavo_ 08.31.2008 02:26 PM

peter wright - desolation beauty violence

Torn Curtain 08.31.2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Houses of the Holy was the last good Zeppelin album. The others just have one or two good songs each. It's by no means my favorite either. That title would go to 1 or 3.

Ok, I disagree then, I love Houses of the holy and Physical graffiti. III might be my fave though.

acousticrock87 08.31.2008 02:53 PM

I would say Houses and Graffiti are my favorite. III and IV are my least favorite. Led Zeppelin taste is very subjective though. There's not a lot of difference quality-wise throughout their career.

batreleaser 08.31.2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
m ward
john cephas
raybeats
zs
pwrfl power

zs is sooooo fucking mindblowing. that savage land records is putting out so much unusual and creative and extreme music. between this amazing newish band, the 16-17 re-issues, the weasel walter jazz stuff, tom smith/to live and shave in la camp, sightings, lotsa good stuff.

im listening to pig destroyer's terrifyer