Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

batreleaser 04.09.2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus
same here. what do you think of the current seasons so far?

Second was my favorite. Third needs some work. Rob Lowe seemed like a perfect fit when he first came on, but I think they need a better way to integrate his character into the lives of the others and put a rest to his and Karen's storyline. But the show has AMAZING characters in general. Ron with his backwards views but a generally good soul. April is fantastic, her attitude is perfect. I love the edition of Adam Scott, but I really wish they'd get him and Leslie together soon. Adam Scott seems to improve everything, no?

deflinus 04.09.2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
Second was my favorite. Third needs some work. Rob Lowe seemed like a perfect fit when he first came on, but I think they need a better way to integrate his character into the lives of the others and put a rest to his and Karen's storyline. But the show has AMAZING characters in general. Ron with his backwards views but a generally good soul. April is fantastic, her attitude is perfect. I love the edition of Adam Scott, but I really wish they'd get him and Leslie together soon. Adam Scott seems to improve everything, no?

it seemed too good to be true to have Adam Scott switch from one awesome show to another. personally, i'd rather have him in Parks and Rec than another Party Down season (which pushed it's concept as far as it could). Rob and Adam steal every scene they're in. i really hope they don't bring back Mark. and hope they don't turn him into the show's "Holly Flax".

they should just bring back Louis CK. which i'm convinced is never going to happen.

Adolfo 04.10.2011 09:10 AM

metalocalypse season 3! ftw!

krastian 04.10.2011 12:50 PM

EVOLghost 04.10.2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adolfo
metalocalypse season 3! ftw!

I still need to pikc up those dvd's. got 1 n 2 on dvd

batreleaser 04.11.2011 03:56 AM

I didn't think Walking Dead was nearly as good as the reviews suggested.

!@#$%! 04.11.2011 12:23 PM

finally seeing deadwood. season 1 was pretty fucking good.

viewtiful alan redux 04.13.2011 01:56 AM

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 3
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2
Space Ghost Coast To Coast Vol. 1 DVD
Lots of NBA & MLB
Adult Swim

atsonicpark 04.13.2011 01:58 AM

tom goes to the mayor..

viewtiful alan redux 04.13.2011 01:59 AM

I got the complete series for christmas. With classes the way they've been lately I haven't had time to dig into it.

atsonicpark 04.13.2011 02:03 AM

^ It's a pretty cool show. I'm not really into tim and eric. They're just too hit or miss for me. I mean, nearly every episode has something clever going on, but there's just so much crap to wade through. TOM GOES TO THE MAYOR is quite nice though. [adult swim] has always been a bit weird for me. THey've shown some of the best shows ever -- especially most of their anime.. xavier,d elocated, 12 oz mouse, mighty boosh, etc. -- but they haven't shown anything really good in a while. AQUA TEEN for example is just horrible now... fuck. Did anyone catch that live action episode? HORRID.

viewtiful alan redux 04.13.2011 12:47 PM

Lets just not talk about that.
But yeah... Adult Swim has been getting really iffy.
While I like some of the live action shows, I'm just not sure if I like Adult Swim moving in that direction either.

atsonicpark 04.15.2011 02:48 AM

I just finished all of tom goes to the mayor. I'm going to change my position, somewhat, on Tim and Eric. This show is actually quite good. I have seen every episode of awesome show great job and it's SO ridiculously hit or miss that there's probably enough good segments or one decent season. However, Tom Goes to the Mayor has probably 20 (of 30) clever, sometimes even depressing, and always entertaining episodes. go figure.

stu666 05.06.2011 05:59 AM

the new series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_IoAHTCUQw&feature=BFa&list=SP6495BF07AFB 9C96D&index=3

LifeDistortion 05.09.2011 01:26 AM

Has anyone else been watching this show? I love a good murder mystery and I'm pretty hooked. I'm not sure how it'll go as a series. If this is just season 1. Will viewers get fustrated if they don't know who did it by the end of season 1? Is this doomed to be the next "Twin Peaks"? I hope not. Acutally it reminds me a lot of "Mystic River", just the whole atmosphere of it being set in Seattle where its always dreary and rainy.

EVOLghost 05.20.2011 03:44 AM

Just finished Samurai Champloo. Though....the end seemed a bit rushed. Errr....maybe it's not the right word....but I definitely felt something wrong(more specifically the three brothers on that sugar boat". Anyways...I enjoyed it. Episodes were funny...my favorite might be when Mugen learns to read. The scenes with Mugen and the teacher are hilarious.

atsonicpark 05.20.2011 07:56 AM

been watching tatami galaxy

reccomended only if you like anime that's mindblowing.

EVOLghost 05.20.2011 01:13 PM

^ you posted it up before...and I did watch it. And quite convenient that they have the whole thing Subbed on youtube. like...Funimation ACTUALLY posted it on youtube in good quality. And well...the part with the doll was just weird.

EDIY:(from the previous page lol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
tatami galaxy.

pretty awesome show.
Except, they talk really fast and sometimes I can't keep up with the subs, and even miss out on some of the animation.

Count Mecha 05.21.2011 08:49 PM

Anyone been watching this? It's really been a magnificent show thus far. Large multi-character cast with many interweaving plot threads and I'm there. Tons of scheming and backstabbing and chess playing going on. The sides rarely seem clearly defined and are always warping and shifting. In this sense the title is pretty apt.

Thankfully it holds little similarities to conventional fantasy fare. The fantasy is somewhat limited and focused much more heavily on the character interplay and politics of the kingdoms, though the fantastic is clearly not forgotten.

The show doesn't rely heavily on it's violence and it's sparing use actually amplifies it I think. The writing is great, based on a well respected book series, blah blah blah great show.

LifeDistortion 05.21.2011 11:59 PM

I don't get HBO sadly, so I'll probobly wait for it to come to DVD, just like "Boardwalk Empire". Speaking of which, when the hell does "Boardwalk Empire" come out on DVD?