Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Unpopular Opinions (Non-Music Related) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32455)

Shifty Prophet 07.15.2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
harry potter can eat a bag of dicks

Yes.

I'm sooo tired of seeing/hearing about Harry Potter. I understand its the largest selling book series of all time, but what gets me is thatall the trailers and previews I've seen for the movies ALL LOOK THE SAME.

I believe they are fit to release number 6 or 7, something like that and its looks like the same damned thing as 1,2,3,4,5..etc.

Glice 07.15.2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
That's how waiters or doormen behave, and I've never seen a woman leave with one of those.

I've never been a doorman, but you might be surprised how much fanny waiters get.

demonrail666 07.15.2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
harry potter can eat a bag of dicks

Can you prove this? Have you seen him do it?

floatingslowly 07.15.2009 12:54 PM

^^^ I want to rep you sooo bad.

ps: what the hell is a fanny waiter?

SONIC GAIL 07.15.2009 01:20 PM

I believe in God

SONIC GAIL 07.15.2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
if florida is america's dick, isn't it the one getting sucked as opposed to the one sucking?

Yall better not be hatin on Florida:p

pbradley 07.15.2009 09:27 PM

I hate the shit out of people who are so verbally health conscious. Those people who occasionally go out for ice cream but spend the whole time talking about how unbelievably fattening it all is and how uncharacteristic it is of them and blah blah blah.

Satan 07.15.2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
Ha ha, I went on the Anheuser-Busch tour while in Saint Louis.

It was mostly all about how much shit beer they produce and their new sexy packaging. Also they skimped on the post-tour boozing though I didn't mind because it was all shit.

hahahahahaha

i still love me a 40 of budweiser though

STL HERE I COME IN 4 HOURS

Seandi 07.15.2009 10:04 PM

God hates Christians because they keep Satan in business. Ans also because they tend to dress terribly.

automatic bzooty 07.15.2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
I hate the shit out of people who are so verbally health conscious. Those people who occasionally go out for ice cream but spend the whole time talking about how unbelievably fattening it all is and how uncharacteristic it is of them and blah blah blah.

this is one of my best friends. she's got a fucking model build but all of a sudden she thinks absolutely every meal will put her on the verge of being morbidly obese. "this chicken on my salad is going to make me fat! this smoothie is going to make me gain five pounds!" - she's moved into the phase of giving other people shit for what they eat. "you got the grande yuppie-frappe-cappe-choco-clusterfuck? that's horrible, why didn't you get a small?"
hey zeus christo. it's alright, don't panic; i'm just going to burn this shit off from bumming around town all day with you.

... oh my god, i wonder what she'd think of another of our friends downing two deep fried snickers bars the other day. ahahaha.

Sonic Youth 37 07.15.2009 10:57 PM

Media piracy is 100% OK.

demonrail666 07.16.2009 12:00 AM

there's no greater bore than a terry pratchett reading bore

!@#$%! 07.16.2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Can you prove this? Have you seen him do it?

like jesus, he's magick.

he can do anything for sure.

pbradley 07.16.2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

this is one of my best friends. she's got a fucking model build but all of a sudden she thinks absolutely every meal will put her on the verge of being morbidly obese. "this chicken on my salad is going to make me fat! this smoothie is going to make me gain five pounds!" - she's moved into the phase of giving other people shit for what they eat. "you got the grande yuppie-frappe-cappe-choco-clusterfuck? that's horrible, why didn't you get a small?"
hey zeus christo. it's alright, don't panic; i'm just going to burn this shit off from bumming around town all day with you.

... oh my god, i wonder what she'd think of another of our friends downing two deep fried snickers bars the other day. ahahaha.

I think it is indicative of a weak willpower to attribute shame and disgust to unhealthy eating in order to overcome it. It makes me think that your best friend has a real insecurity with her weight and appearance as a healthy eater (which has become a lifestyle in itself). I would have text messaged her about those snickers if I were you, just to set her off.

SONIC GAIL 07.16.2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
i think if there is a god, he probally frowns apon christianity as a whole.

'least...i would.

and of course, i could be wrong.

if i ever have kids i swear ill raise 'em to know KNOW KNOW in their minds that "not knowing is ok". <because, NO ONE DOES.

Can I get an AMEN!

SONIC GAIL 07.16.2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seandi
God hates Christians because they keep Satan in business. Ans also because they tend to dress terribly.

You don't have to be a christian to believe in god.
It is agreed by be that church has become a den of thieves.

Lamont Cranston 07.16.2009 09:16 AM

look at the Old Testament, the Christian God is a psychopathic manic-depressive Angry Sky Father brutalising people for the slightest infraction and demanding their exclusive love on the threat of eternal damnation.

Rob Instigator 07.16.2009 09:21 AM

the old testatemnt is not the christian god but the Hebrew god.
he was supplanted by jeebus
and they were all kicked out of our galaxy by Bob Dobbs

phoenix 07.16.2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

this is one of my best friends. she's got a fucking model build but all of a sudden she thinks absolutely every meal will put her on the verge of being morbidly obese. "this chicken on my salad is going to make me fat! this smoothie is going to make me gain five pounds!"

HAHA. I've put on 2.5 kilos in the past three weeks, I am SO happy. Seriously. I imagine it is just as much hard work for me to put on weight as it is for some people to lose it. I've had to be really strict about making sure I eat a decent breakfast/lunch/dinner and almost always an afternoon meal between lunch/dinner. Then making sure I'm doing muscle/strength type exercise a few times a week.

Having said that, I don't think I EVER whine and go 'ohhh my food is making me scrawny' wtf. The only time I ever really talk about it is when I get negative comments from other people 'yr way too thin, why are you so skinny' etc.

SONIC GAIL 07.16.2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
look at the Old Testament, the Christian God is a psychopathic manic-depressive Angry Sky Father brutalising people for the slightest infraction and demanding their exclusive love on the threat of eternal damnation.

Everything happens for a reason.
The past cannot be judged by people's current views and experiences.
I don't think the Jewish culture would have thrived for so long without a brutal father. Sometimes I need a good slap in the face to get me back on track. Without the slaying of the innocent or not so innocent the Hebrews would have mixed in with other groups and the word God would be lost in time.
I think we were made in God's image. Not his Physical image but, the spiritual one. Humanity is brutal and humanity can also be loving.
There is a purpose for every event, whether it be good or bad, the end result makes us stronger and wiser.
Really think about all of the things god tells us not to do. Who do those actions hurt most?
I am not going around preaching the "word" acting like I'm perfect. I am far from perfect. I just have faith that one day he will forgive me of my many shortcomings and give me some peace from this GREEN HELL.
And besides this life means shit. It turns to dust. I am the living dead.