Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Bytor Peltor 01.18.2014 08:51 AM

^^^most people aren't "head over heels" when they first meet. One is usually smitten and the other must eventually come around. It could take days / weeks and for others it takes years.

Trust me, low self esteem should't have much to do with this. Just be yourself, do something a little outside your "normal" and most of all, be patient!

ALIEN ANAL 01.18.2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
^^^most people aren't "head over heels" when they first meet. One is usually smitten and the other must eventually come around. It could take days / weeks and for others it takes years.

Trust me, low self esteem should't have much to do with this. Just be yourself, do something a little outside your "normal" and most of all, be patient!

Well the thing is this isnt the first time.. but it is the first time in a long time.
I met this girl 4 years ago and we saw each other for 3 "dates". I had a few weird run ins with her over the 4 years, some were heavily intoxicated the other was sober and seeing her on the bus every morning for a year and never saying hello to her. I have never been so attracted to someone before where it turns me into someone else . It was like meeting a Drew Barrymore in The Wedding Singer or some sort of Zooey Deschenel character.
I think what i did last time and am starting to feel like do again is back away completely because i feel i am more into her than she is with me and that its a bit of a weirdo/creeper kind of thing.

Bytor Peltor 01.18.2014 09:12 AM

You are close to half my age. I understand things may be a little different these days when it comes to getting recognized. However, there is something a little "creeper" about riding the bus with someone you've had multiple dates with and not saying hello for an entire year. It's hard to back away when you choose not to speak......guess you could always catch a earlier / later bus.

My suggestion would be a simple hello or good morning. If she responds or smiles, ask how she is doing. Then in later days, she if she is ever the first to speak. If she does, maybe ask about grabbing a coffee when ya'll get off the bus.

ALIEN ANAL 01.18.2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

You are close to half my age. I understand things may be a little different these days when it comes to getting recognized. However, there is something a little "creeper" about riding the bus with someone you've had multiple dates with and not saying hello for an entire year. It's hard to back away when you choose not to speak......guess you could always catch a earlier / later bus.

My suggestion would be a simple hello or good morning. If she responds or smiles, ask how she is doing. Then in later days, she if she is ever the first to speak. If she does, maybe ask about grabbing a coffee when ya'll get off the bus.

Sorry i was not very clear. I rode this bus with her last year. I ran into her a few months ago whilst heavily intoxicated on alcohol and assorted uppers. I proceeded to tell her about the dreams and my feelings towards her ie. everything!

A few weeks ago she messaged me asking me out to get a drink and play some cards. I never expected such a thing to happen.

!@#$%! 01.18.2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
Sorry i was not very clear. I rode this bus with her last year. I ran into her a few months ago whilst heavily intoxicated on alcohol and assorted uppers. I proceeded to tell her about the dreams and my feelings towards her ie. everything!

A few weeks ago she messaged me asking me out to get a drink and play some cards. I never expected such a thing to happen.

i don't get it why you are so surprised when someone likes you. i'm not saying this as a compliment or anything, but people are attracted to others, and sometimes it will be you they like, whether it's some girl you used to like, or an old man you met on a train, or your friend's girlfriend, or whatever, just like you will be attracted to other random people. just because stuff is unexpected doesn't mean you have to avoid it. i guess there's always a certain amount of tension that will go with it but that's just life.

ALIEN ANAL 01.18.2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't get it why you are so surprised when someone likes you. i'm not saying this as a compliment or anything, but people are attracted to others, and sometimes it will be you they like, whether it's some girl you used to like, or an old man you met on a train, or your friend's girlfriend, or whatever, just like you will be attracted to other random people. just because stuff is unexpected doesn't mean you have to avoid it. i guess there's always a certain amount of tension that will go with it but that's just life.

I tend to question everything a lot and relationships arent excluded.
I always want to know whats happening in other peoples heads I guess for comfort in my own head.

I am more so whinging that i dont think she does like me. She is so hard to understand. I am just being impatient but i cant help it, she is so damn cute.

ANYWAY enough about that

I sliced up a jam i had a few months ago with a friend of mine and put it up on SoundCloud for a friend of mine to listen to but i figure i could share it here also.

Its all on the spot and we were pretty drunk throughout the 4 or 5 hours we played. Its mostly shit but has some parts i like.

https://soundcloud.com/alienanal

pony 01.19.2014 01:00 AM

i am in the middle of the hamburgian bouncer mafia right now
today a bouncer was like "i know who you are" and looked really excited

guest 01.19.2014 06:04 AM

the weather has been quite capricious of late. this frustrates me.

guest 01.19.2014 06:20 AM

I am jobless and bored. smite me o mr hubbard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExsA...ature=youtu.be

pony 01.19.2014 06:24 AM

i love thissss

gast30 01.19.2014 06:46 AM

4 times sleeping and i have my appiontment with the gallery

guest 01.19.2014 09:54 AM

I need help...someone who I used to go to primary school with has just messaged me out of nowhere at 2 in the morning saying "oh hey". what the fuck is this? have not spoken to her in any capacity for like a decade outside of a few similarly awkward facebook encounters...so how do I reply to this? can I ignore it? I'm amoral, yeah, but as a white person I have to keep up the artifice of kindness, but then again the girl is a fucking loon (used to think a tree was a sentient being and that if you made bracelets out of grass you could communicate internationally).......

!@#$%! 01.19.2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
I need help...someone who I used to go to primary school with has just messaged me out of nowhere at 2 in the morning saying "oh hey". what the fuck is this? have not spoken to her in any capacity for like a decade outside of a few similarly awkward facebook encounters...so how do I reply to this? can I ignore it? I'm amoral, yeah, but as a white person I have to keep up the artifice of kindness, but then again the girl is a fucking loon (used to think a tree was a sentient being and that if you made bracelets out of grass you could communicate internationally).......

Cunt 01.20.2014 03:39 AM

Jesus Christ

Nefeli 01.20.2014 04:17 AM

^dang. took me few nanoseconds to realize who she is.

gast30 01.20.2014 08:59 AM

i'm soo unshowbizz i don't know

pony 01.20.2014 09:11 AM

holy shit

EVOLghost 01.20.2014 11:44 AM

pony 01.20.2014 01:56 PM

workout day 3 and i already have sport related sex fantasies

Bytor Peltor 01.20.2014 02:37 PM

If this isn't an album cover, it should be!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost

!@#$%! 01.21.2014 02:25 AM

Quote:

If this isn't an album cover, it should be!

very 80s!

Nefeli 01.21.2014 03:27 AM

^ awesome pic!

i will have another one of my perfect days and i want nothing to ruin it; i ll paint again today, before that clean my house. afternoon yoga etc and later whatever.

Toilet & Bowels 01.21.2014 04:35 AM

Who is that?

!@#$%! 01.21.2014 04:42 AM

i just started working night shifts (in a way). great excuse for bacon at midnight.

Bytor Peltor 01.21.2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i just started working night shifts (in a way). great excuse for bacon at midnight.

Welcome to the Night Life = It's My Life :D

I've been working 11pm - 7am for over 23 years now.

What are you doing in the overnight / how do you fancy sleeping during the day?

EVOLghost 01.21.2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Who is that?

are you talking about the cocaine waves?

if so. this is the information.

Gareth Halliday - Choppy Waters #2, 2014

!@#$%! 01.21.2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the Night Life = It's My Life :D

I've been working 11pm - 7am for over 23 years now.

What are you doing in the overnight / how do you fancy sleeping during the day?

im self-employed so i've adjusted my schedule for a couple of weeks to fit some communication + internet needs.

been up since 10pm yesterday. wont go to sleep till this afternoon (just as i did it yesterday) and expect to wake up some time around 10 or midnight again.
--

ps- fatigue is rattling my ADD brain and i might need to take a nap though.

tesla69 01.21.2014 11:57 AM

If he's right, then Philip Dick was right: God is insane.

ZVIMBA, Zimbabwe — Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe attributed his long life to God's will but shied away from commenting on his health on Tuesday, a day after scotching rumors he was sick by appearing in public for the first time in several weeks.
Mugabe, who has ruled the former British colony since independence in 1980, turns 90 in exactly a month, making his state of health the hottest topic for Zimbabwe's 13 million people and its ruling ZANU-PF party.
"I do not know how I have lived this long," he told mourners at the funeral of his sister, Bridget, in the village of Zvimba, 90 km (55 miles) west of Harare.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.21.2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
If he's right, then Philip Dick was right: God is insane.

Gos is fine, even if just a anthropomorphic personification of the order and structure of the laws, principles and rules of nature. Its people who seem to have all the problems ;)

Quote:

"I do not know how I have lived this long," he told mourners at the funeral of his sister, Bridget, in the village of Zvimba, 90 km (55 miles) west of Harare.

tesla69 01.22.2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
God is fine, even if just a anthropomorphic personification of the order and structure of the laws, principles and rules of nature. Its people who seem to have all the problems ;)g

No, I was told God is in control. So this is His fault. Everything that happens, happens because God is in control. I heard this on Christian radio once so I know it is true.

tesla69 01.22.2014 03:41 PM

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/H...vilization.php

Research possibly showing pre Ice Age civilization (20,000 BC), and establishment archeologists are petitioning the government to not allow any research at the site. They need to suppress this information.

Rob Instigator 01.22.2014 03:59 PM

Hey suchfriends, I think you are a member of the Coptic Christians right? Is that right? I was curious, do the Orthodox christians (Eastern Orthodox, Ethiopian, Greek, etc.) still believe in the tri-partite conception of man? That man is a "trinity" like the godhead? Mind, sol, spirit? The roman catholics (assholes one and all) chose to exclude the "spirit" aspect of man, leaving uis with just a mind and a soul. The "spirit" is supposed to be an aspect of the Holy Spirit, part of the godhead's trinity.

The Roman Catholics try to foool everyone into thinking they are born sinners, and tainted, and hell-bound, and they took away the idea that all humans have a bit of the Holy Spirit in us, making us divine creatures. Fuck I hate the Roman Catholics.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.22.2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Hey suchfriends, I think you are a member of the Coptic Christians right? Is that right? I was curious, do the Orthodox christians (Eastern Orthodox, Ethiopian, Greek, etc.) still believe in the tri-partite conception of man? That man is a "trinity" like the godhead? Mind, sol, spirit? The roman catholics (assholes one and all) chose to exclude the "spirit" aspect of man, leaving uis with just a mind and a soul. The "spirit" is supposed to be an aspect of the Holy Spirit, part of the godhead's trinity.

The Roman Catholics try to foool everyone into thinking they are born sinners, and tainted, and hell-bound, and they took away the idea that all humans have a bit of the Holy Spirit in us, making us divine creatures. Fuck I hate the Roman Catholics.

As a card-carrying member of the Coptic/Ethiopian Orthodox Church I can say that the heresy of the threefold division of the human person is not "Orthodox" in teaching. The Orthodox Churches, be they the Orientals like me or the Byzantine Eastern Orthodox (Greeks, Russians, Georgians, Ukrainians) teach that the human person is a composite of two parts, spiritual and physical. HOWEVER, these are never separated. The human soul defines the physical body sort of like spiritual DNA however, ontologically speaking, the human soul exists through the body. They are fundamentally interconnected, hence the dogma of the Christian Resurrection of the Body. The human body is such an integral aspect of the human soul that they should be considered mutual. What a deep question btw, I guess that is why I am the resident SYG theologian :cool:

You are discussing a different concept, though, one of "Original Sin" and indeed those pesky Romans got all mixed up in heresy which is why the Orientals separated from Rome in 451AD and never looked back. The human existence is indeed divided into two components, body or mind and soul. The concept of Original Sin in the Orthodox conception is better thought of in English as "Ancestral Sin." In the Catholic doctrine, human "nature" is some how structurally damaged by sin, so that ALL of humanity are universally damaged. However, nature can't be changed, human nature is what is is since Creation. We were Created a particular way, and this is our "nature" in the terms of theology. Our nature is to be spiritual-physical beings, to unite the spiritual and physical realms. Our mind is the measuring tool of our physicality, it is the connection point between the body and soul. In theologically abstract or poetic terms the "soul" resides in the "heart" of man. However, through Ancestral Sin, ontologically speaking, the original ancestors Adam and Eve introduced sin into Creation. Afterwards, Creation was forever altered towards the negative. Human nature remains intact, but Creation itself is altered. Sort of like the Greek myth of Pandora's Box, it can't be closed again after its been opened. What was done was done. Sin is sin. Sin is simply when human beings make decisions separate from the Will of God. In the story in Genesis, Adam and Eve lived with God. God is a person with His own personality and will/desire. Man was created to serve the Will of God, and in that story man became self-seeking rather than serving God. This is what "sin" was. It is the "Original Sin" because it was the first one. Now? Sin exists, and its always an option in this equation called life. What has changed about human experience is not our nature, but our experience. Now we all have the option to reject God, to commit sin. This is what the Catholics imply by Original Sin, but they talk about it being something structural in humanity, part of our nature. The Orientals disagree. Human nature is fine, but clearly human beings still make decisions. Its a consequence of sin existing, but not our nature.

What the Orthodox Patristic Fathers taught which is unique and NOT Roman Catholic, is that at the moment of Ancestral Sin there was a fracture in the human experience. The heart/soul and mind were fractured and temporarily separated. The mind doesn't have enough strength of character to operate without the heart/soul. EVERY HUMAN BEING KNOWS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT WHEN I SAY HEART OR SOUL. It is that transcendentally human experience of feeling, not thinking, sometimes called intuition or "your gut." Your gut and your mind are often at odds, but as most humans know from day to day experience, ALWAYS GO WITH YOUR GUT.

In the Orthodox theology, the function of Baptism is not to restore human nature as in the Roman Catholic teaching, rather, to restore the break, to heal the fracture, to renew the human person to that state of Grace in Eden. We are not structurally flawed, our nature is not the problem, but our day to day reality is tainted by our continual ability to make bad decisions using our minds/bodies. This is what the Romans call Concupiscence which is the ability or agency towards sin. It means we have the option, but to say that sin is part of human nature as the Romans teach in their heresy of "Original Sin" is that humans essentially ALWAYS sin by nature, and the good parts of humanity are a gift solely from God. The Orthodox Church disagrees, humans are not sinners by nature, but we have introduced sin into nature and it becomes an eternally available option after the fact, which is what is again called Concupiscence.

Rob Instigator 01.22.2014 04:43 PM

Thanks bro. always good to gleam info from ya.

Rob Instigator 01.22.2014 04:45 PM

I've been doin' a LOT of reading.

Rob Instigator 01.22.2014 05:13 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuchFriendsAreDangerous again.

pony 01.23.2014 08:27 AM

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.p...ed-mark-nixon/

MellySingsDoom 01.23.2014 08:34 AM

Just had a run in w/someone on Faceache re. the Syrian civil war. The other person seemed to want an ill-informed bunfight, but I can't be arsed with that today. Ah well, such is life, innit?

!@#$%! 01.23.2014 08:45 AM

i just slept 13 hours!!!

it's not a personal record, but close

EVOLghost 01.23.2014 09:57 AM

Damn. I wish I can sleep more than 7. I just can't do it anymore....