Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
fuck the snakes. it's the spiders you gotta look out for.

the size o' fuckin' pie-plates, yo'.

I'm born and raised in LA. Shit. If I saw a spider even HALF that size I'd not only have to shoot it locote overkill with a fucking silenced shotgun, but also subsequently move to an even less viable-animal habitat than LA ....which is San Diego ;)

Bytor Peltor 02.16.2014 10:11 AM

What a week at the flower shop.

For some unknown reason, the shop was extra busy this week and this is a wonderful thing for my wife and her parents. "Add on's" like a box of chocolate, stuffed animal or balloons were all the rave......business was booming!

After working my 11pm to 7am job Wednesday night, when I got off Thursday morning, I went to the shop and delivered flowers all day. My daughter and I went to bed around 10pm Thursday night (I was so tired). My wife didn't make it home until 1am (they don't leave until all the orders are completed for the following day).

My wife and I were back at the shop by 7am Friday morning and I made my last delivery at 6pm Friday evening. We were dead dog tired Friday night and our standard practice is NO celebrating Valentines on the 14th.

However, yesterday was the best day after Valentine's EVER!

A Thousand Threads 02.16.2014 12:07 PM

I do not understand people who don't cross against the red light when no car is anywhere near.
I think they're all waiting for the return of their FÜHRER.

!@#$%! 02.16.2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
I do not understand people who don't cross against the red light when no car is anywhere near.
I think they're all waiting for the return of their FÜHRER.

fear of the insurance bill

A Thousand Threads 02.16.2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
fear of the insurance bill

So you agree, they are antisemites.

I mean, i can understand it when there are kids around, but otherwise...

EVOLghost 02.16.2014 12:18 PM

chocolate_ladyland 02.16.2014 03:18 PM

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/exene-ce...in-los-angeles

!@#$%! 02.16.2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I'm born and raised in LA. Shit. If I saw a spider even HALF that size I'd not only have to shoot it locote overkill with a fucking silenced shotgun, but also subsequently move to an even less viable-animal habitat than LA ....which is San Diego ;)

taht looks like a bullshit weapon. why have a big-ass bore and then put a pinhole in front of it. the shot would rattle inside of that cylinder and ass-plode right there. i mean, i don't think even a slug would go through it. would it? imma call bullcaca on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
So you agree, they are antisemites.

I mean, i can understand it when there are kids around, but otherwise...

yeah, i don't know. cameras, or something?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.16.2014 08:29 PM

You're totally right, it should look something more like this, that scene was for added dramatic effect ;)

But honestly, this dude doesn't even cause fear in the hearts of ducks let alone man so I went with the less realistic Hollywood version yo..

MellySingsDoom 02.17.2014 12:34 PM

EVOLghost 02.17.2014 08:15 PM

It's fucking snowing again.....snowed in...and drinking.

Genteel Death 02.18.2014 01:37 PM

pictures of people taking pictures at shows
http://peopletakingpicturesatshows.tumblr.com/

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
pictures of people taking pictures at shows
http://peopletakingpicturesatshows.tumblr.com/

Brilliant! I despise this SOOO fucking much. People. Resist the temptation. You don't need a collection of shitty pictures are terrible videos. Here's a simple thought, "WHY NOT ACTUALLY JUST ENJOY THE SHOW!"

People are trying supplement actually memories of actual experiences with virtual ones. Fuck that shit, people are destroying their own brains..

Genteel Death 02.19.2014 06:20 AM

pony 02.19.2014 11:19 AM

last night i got the sweetest compliment EVER.
my friend said that i was her bra role model
how cute is that?

dead_battery 02.19.2014 11:26 AM

nirvana and depression

!@#$%! 02.19.2014 12:14 PM

wasa = rye goodness
ryvita = inedible shit. about as terrible as weetabix.

germany 1, england 0

!@#$%! 02.19.2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery

started interesting but then i saw "lacan" so i had to put aside to chew on later. aiming to post a reply within the day.

Genteel Death 02.19.2014 02:29 PM

jennthebenn 02.19.2014 02:39 PM

People angered over other people taking pics or videos at gigs is one reason
I'm glad I don't go to as many of them anymore. My best friend had one of
his "terrible vids" used for an official music video.

It's not too dissimilar from people who say they "hate" food pictures on
Instagram. "Enjoy it," they say, "don't document it." Because both aren't
possible? Same with pics or vids of live gigs. I say this not to start beef,
I say this because I resent the implication that whipping out the phone at a
show means one is denying themselves "the real deal." What does that mean?

Genteel Death 02.19.2014 02:56 PM

I take pictures and videos at gigs too sometimes (like anyone is going to stop me from doing what I want to do with my camera). Suchfriends hates this, I find that Tumblr blog amusing. We're like the Jackson family!

!@#$%! 02.19.2014 03:59 PM

i've taken photos and even shot video at shows (with big cameras and stuff) but i think the problem these days is not that the audience video is "shitty" (whatever that means) but rather that it interferes with other people's experience of the show for two principal reasons:

1) photographers used to stand in the front row (some still have a space), and shoot whatever they wanted. or, if you were some rows back, maybe you used a zoom or whatever. i've shot video where we had designated spots, etc (as most video shoots will do) in bars, theaters, etc. i don't know about others but it makes me self-conscious and you try not to bother the audience. however, most cellphone photographers/videographers feel entitled to their shots and invariably RAISE THEIR HANDS right in front of your face where they can best block your view and put themselves in your personal centers stage.

2) whereas "old" photo/video was shot looking through a viewfinder, lcd screens light up in front of everyone's face in what is often a dark space. multiply this by the curtain effect of everyone and their mother raising their hands in front of everyone else behind them, and you understand why zooey deschanel bans phones at her band's shows (ha ha).

this has nothing to do with being in the moment or whatever, but everything to do with fucking it up for everybody else-- like people with pneumonia coughing at piano concerts.

don't tell suchfriends he's wrong though. he might get irate!

Genteel Death 02.19.2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it interferes with other people's experience of the show

It interferes with other people's experience only if you don't care about people being around you, like when you should be aware that you're in a long queue and wait until your turn to find out where your wallet or any relevant information that may be needed from you is. I work with the general public and I have tons of stories about people going to places and being a waste of time for staff who try to help you.

Bytor Peltor 02.19.2014 04:38 PM

The weather down along the Gulf coast here in Texas has been unbelievable the past couple of days. As I type, it's 77' outside and I just came in from cutting the front yard. WOW - it feels great outside! While cutting, I found two bird carcasses......wonder how they ended up in the yard covered by leaves?

Fixing me a firefly and going outside to enjoy this wonderful weather......

!@#$%! 02.19.2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

It interferes with other people's experience only if you don't care about people being around you, like when you should be aware that you're in a long queue and wait until your turn to find out where your wallet or any relevant information that may be needed from you is. I work with the general public and I have tons of stories about people going to places and being a waste of time for staff who try to help you.

well, yes. same as driving texters, etc.

EVOLghost 02.19.2014 04:46 PM

A firefly?

The weather is great here too! 45 and sunny!

Rob Instigator 02.19.2014 04:58 PM

http://youtu.be/dtW5upD5oW4

Rob Instigator 02.19.2014 05:00 PM

I hope firefly means one of these...

Bytor Peltor 02.19.2014 05:05 PM

^^^Firefly Vodka & lemon drink:

stu666 02.19.2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Brilliant! I despise this SOOO fucking much. People. Resist the temptation. You don't need a collection of shitty pictures are terrible videos. Here's a simple thought, "WHY NOT ACTUALLY JUST ENJOY THE SHOW!"

People are trying supplement actually memories of actual experiences with virtual ones. Fuck that shit, people are destroying their own brains..

I take lots of photos at shows at the same time as recording (audio) and sometimes video too. I don't think they're shitty and I still enjoy the show. I try not to block people's view when I'm taking them and I turn the brightness right down on my phone if I'm using it. I see no problem with documenting it for me and others who can't be there. I do get a bit annoyed when people are holding up an iPad to take photos/film. Those things are too big!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.19.2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Stop posting from floatingslowly's house yo, I'm getting scared.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.19.2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSimmons
And third, you can’t have Nick Cannon leading a panel of Julius Erving, Magic Johnson and Dominique Wilkins on live television … not unless the topic is, “If You 3 Guys Were In The Same Disco In 1989 And Paula Abdul Showed Up, What Happens Next?”

EVOLghost 02.20.2014 01:08 AM

this foo be draggin'.....

waitin' on dat sugoi midori.

guest 02.20.2014 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
this foo be draggin'.....

waitin' on dat sugoi midori.

been waiting for months over here, dry dry summer....

in other news today I knocked three little bottles off the shelf and caught them in one hand, like a fox. I don't wash my hair so this was a true show of kindness for me. just thought I'd share. thanks.

Diesel 02.20.2014 09:57 AM

Strolled into work over 2 hours late today but I get away with it through charm and charisma even with this fuzzbomb headache.

Thanks for reading.

Diesel 02.20.2014 09:58 AM

I have an intellectual headache.

Thanks for taking the time.

Diesel 02.20.2014 09:59 AM

Intellectualism: Fuck yea!

Diesel 02.20.2014 09:59 AM

Cheers.

!@#$%! 02.20.2014 10:53 AM

2 hours late + intellectual headache = were you stuck at breakfast discussing wittgenstein with your cat? that's some heavy shit!

Diesel 02.20.2014 12:23 PM

no but thanks for posting that, looks interesting...Wittgenstein, not the cat....