Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Diesel 02.20.2014 12:27 PM

I've just burned my hands via a hot tap. They've gone all red but i'm not pissed off though because i now get the chance to tell you lucky people about it.

Tune in next week when i will reveal how i posted this message. Answers on a postcard please. A clue, I don't want to give away too much but it involves a keyboard and fingers.

The winner receives a bundle of reputaion. Y'know like what them rappers have and internet people. Good luck! tally ho.

Diesel 02.20.2014 12:36 PM

Thats the working day over. I'm off to a road in England that houses the best chippy (as voted for by the lovely English public) in the land, it's called Colemans....but i'm going to go to the chippy next door to it !!!

HOLLA! HOLAA HOOLALA!

Bytor Peltor 02.20.2014 01:33 PM

This question is best suited for the Non-Sonic Sound section, but I didn't want to start a new thread and a search of the form didn't show any old......

Does anyone know what happened to, nobukazu takemura?

Wiki shows he released an album in 2014, but I haven't seen, read or heard word one about it / him in many a year???

dead_battery 02.21.2014 01:37 AM

http://youtu.be/nOo3Oub4O8g

Cunt 02.22.2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt
My corporate overlords want to send me to amerikkka.

Holy fuck. It's happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
where exactly?

The offices are in San Mateo, CA.

Nefeli 02.22.2014 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt
Holy fuck. It's happening.

The offices are in San Mateo, CA.

looked at wiki..seems like very..mainstream? too white, same-sex and families oriented. average age 39, which wouldnt be bad if it didnt have so many families. suburb duh to me.
close to san fransisco and that seemed promising at start.
dunno you and how your life is and dunno amerikka either, so that wasnt very helpful.

MellySingsDoom 02.22.2014 04:37 AM

Good morning.

Am off to Cafe Oto tonite for the Multitap hoedown, and at least 3 other SYG people will be there too.

No Nefeli, though :(

stu666 02.22.2014 06:33 AM

SYG unite!

EVOLghost 02.22.2014 08:35 AM

Hve fun at hatsune kaidan!!!

Nefeli 02.22.2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Good morning.

Am off to Cafe Oto tonite for the Multitap hoedown, and at least 3 other SYG people will be there too.

No Nefeli, though :(

if you drink a shot and think of me, well no! i wish i was there damnit.
have fun fun fun!

MellySingsDoom 02.22.2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

if you drink a shot and think of me, well no! i wish i was there damnit.
have fun fun fun!

Will do!

floatingslowly 02.23.2014 04:51 AM

spent last week travelling the New South Wales rails, back again for a job interview tomorrow, then it's off again, for parts unknown.

somewhat related topic: did you know that the remote control goes next to the TV, in case someone were to step on it?

MellySingsDoom 02.23.2014 04:58 AM

Had a great night last night at Multitap with Toilet & Bowels, stu666 (and Mrs stu), blunderbuss and another SYGer whose handle here I've managed to forget (sorry mate!). Am going back for more tonite with T&B and Genteel D (GD -I have a ticket for tonite!), and lots of others too. You shoulda been there, Nefeli :)

Genteel Death 02.23.2014 05:05 AM

Glad you managed to get a ticket. See you later.

Cunt 02.23.2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

looked at wiki..seems like very..mainstream? too white, same-sex and families oriented. average age 39, which wouldnt be bad if it didnt have so many families. suburb duh to me.
close to san fransisco and that seemed promising at start.
dunno you and how your life is and dunno amerikka either, so that wasnt very helpful.

Everyone I know there lives in the city, not San Mateo.

SONIC GAIL 02.23.2014 01:02 PM

Hello fuckers:)

EVOLghost 02.23.2014 03:29 PM

I went to grab some food with a friend I was out with last night. He has leftover coke from last night and motherfucker wants to line up before we eat. WTF....1st...I can't eat on that stuff.....2nd.....it's 11am.

Anyways....last night was pretty dope...and not because of dope.

MellySingsDoom 02.23.2014 09:12 PM

For those about to Brunch Rock, we salute you.

pony 02.24.2014 12:08 AM

how many times will i cry until i finished all my university assignments that are due march 15?
probably gonna make a list

pony 02.24.2014 01:56 AM

I love tumblr <3

"if you’re ever feeling overdramatic just remember that zelda fitzgerald once threw herself down a flight of marble stairs at a party because her husband was talking to someone else."

!@#$%! 02.24.2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
For those about to Brunch Rock, we salute you.

rick james!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
I love tumblr <3

"if you’re ever feeling overdramatic just remember that zelda fitzgerald once threw herself down a flight of marble stairs at a party because her husband was talking to someone else."

you never saw their grave, did you?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.24.2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
then it's off again, for parts unknown.

Quote:

somewhat related topic: did you know that the remote control goes next to the TV, in case someone were to step on it?

Yes, but I prefer to keep mine on the floor under my bed so that I can step on it every single morning, yet defying all ontological realities and basic laws of physics, it survives unscathed, relatively.

pony 02.24.2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you never saw their grave, did you?

I did! My friend James made me walk through a snowy night to get to the graveyard :(
This is the shitty picture I took

!@#$%! 02.24.2014 12:53 PM

that's awesome!

next time you can see poe's grave in bawlmor-- the gravestone was put up by france! (yes, france-- i'm not joking).

there is plenty of entertainment to be had when it comes to scott & zelda though. e.g. - http://www.nytimes.com/books/00/12/2...ald-hem72.html

pony 02.24.2014 01:11 PM

okay, easy route or more interesting route?
I have to decide whether I write a paper about Kathy Acker and Feminism (easy, I did my feminism homework in 8th grade already) or Kathy Acker and Burroughs.
The thing is, I have to hand this shit in on March 15, along with two other assignments I haven't started yet...

!@#$%! 02.24.2014 02:02 PM

parkinson's law states that work expands to fill the time allotted for its completion.

maybe read this and enjoy some time off:
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/pro...advantage.html

pony 02.24.2014 02:28 PM

think I am doing the Burroughs thing... panicking now cause I need to find books and order them ASAP

dead_battery 02.24.2014 02:36 PM

get pdfs of them all

naked lunch and the nova trilogy are what you want probably

a lot of the rest is crap

pony 02.24.2014 02:39 PM

i have all the novels, I need publications about cut up technique and collages and that kind of stuff

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.24.2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
okay, easy route or more interesting route?
I have to decide whether I write a paper about Kathy Acker and Feminism (easy, I did my feminism homework in 8th grade already) or Kathy Acker and Burroughs.
The thing is, I have to hand this shit in on March 15, along with two other assignments I haven't started yet...

Welcome to University, its called practice for real life, where of course

Quote:

parkinson's law states that work expands to fill the time allotted for its completion.

maybe read this and enjoy some time off:
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/pro...advantage.html

I see you ascribe to the African conception of time, which Ethiopians refer to as "Habesha time"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Kapuscinski
The European and the African have an entirely different concept of time. In the European worldview, time exists outside man, exists objectively, and has measurable and linear characteristics. According to Newton, time in absolute: “Absolute, true, mathematical time of itself and from its own nature, it flows equably and with relation to anything external.” The European feels himself to be time’s slave, dependent on it, subject to it. To exist and function, he must observe its ironclad, inviolate laws, its inflexible principles and rules. He must heed deadlines, dates, days and hours. He moves within the rigors of time and cannot exist outside them. They impose upon him their requirements and quotas. An unresolvable conflict exists between man and time, one that always ends with man’s defeat – time annihilates him.

Africans apprehend time differently. For them, it is a much looser concept, more open, elastic, subjective. It is man who influences time, its shape, course and rhythm (man acting, of course, with the consent of gods and ancestors). Time is even something that man can create outright, for time is made manifest through events, and whether an event takes place or not depends, after all, on man alone. If two armies do not engage in a battle, then that battle will not occur (in other words, time will not have revealed its presence, will not have come into being).

Time appears as a result of our actions, and vanishes when we neglect or ignore it. It is something that springs to life under our influence, but falls into a state of hibernation, even nonexistence, if we do not direct our energy toward it. It is a subservient, passive essence, and, most importantly, one dependent on man.

The absolute opposite of time as it is understood in the European worldview.

In practicial terms, this means that if you go to a village where a meeting is scheduled for the afternoon but find no one at the appointed spot asking, “When will the meeting take place?” makes no sense. You know the answer: “It will take place when people come.”"

Rob Instigator 02.24.2014 03:09 PM

it's called lazy-ass. Puerto Ricans are the masters of this.

Genteel Death 02.24.2014 03:34 PM

I don't see being super productive people as having a major impact on the world news on a regular basis so I'm glad lazy people exist and reproduce. No protestant or whatever ethic for me, thanks.

!@#$%! 02.24.2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't see being super productive people as having a major impact on the world news on a regular basis so I'm glad lazy people exist and reproduce. No protestant or whatever ethic for me, thanks.

productivity is great to open up more time off. do your shit in half the time, sleep off the rest of the workday.

problem is, people try to cram more work instead. which is horrible.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.24.2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

productivity is great to open up more time off. do your shit in half the time, sleep off the rest of the workday.

Yup. I follow the How High approach.. Study high. Take the test high. Get high scores!

Quote:

Damn Americans, why can't we just let it go? We work more hours and do more work in those hours than any other developed nation, even Japan!

Genteel Death 02.24.2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

That was my point exactly. Most people I see being busy all the time don't seem to produce much of worth.

_tunic_ 02.24.2014 04:25 PM

or watch other people do your job and then fall asleep, during working hours.
I've seen that happen, stupid motherfuckin' Indian guy

Rob Instigator 02.24.2014 04:37 PM

if you are always busy working, and exhausted when you are not, then that leaves little time to think about how THE MAN IS RAPING YOU

EVOLghost 02.24.2014 06:48 PM

Panda control.

_tunic_ 02.25.2014 02:16 AM

that's it. I'm moving to Georgia!
Will give you all my new address once I know it

tesla69 02.25.2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
that's it. I'm moving to Georgia!
Will give you all my new address once I know it

bring your snowshoes!