Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

floatingslowly 03.10.2014 05:42 AM

I got the Kowloon blues.

A Thousand Threads 03.10.2014 05:57 AM

I found the viennese soul yesterday.
It's in 10th district, franz josef hospital.
There's the hospital on one side of the street, a cemetery on the other side and a wurst stand in the middle.
I wonder when the tourists will find out about it.

!@#$%! 03.10.2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
the hospital on one side of the street, a cemetery on the other side and a wurst stand in the middle.

mmmm! leichewurst!

EVOLghost 03.10.2014 09:55 AM

I could've sworn I had more clothes on tht this when I went to bed lst night.

EVOLghost 03.10.2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I could've sworn I had more clothes on tht this when I went to bed lst night.

I think it ws the hash....I'm pretty sure it was. totally forgot abot it untill now(like when I went into the kitchen and saw the mess I left when I went to the kitchen).

pony 03.10.2014 11:10 AM

Sent out one assignment for Uni just now. Starting with the next one after I went running cause my roomie is bringing stuff I need for the other assignment when she is coming home from work. Hoping to bring that to the office tomorrow. and then i'll have to REALLY sit down and write that big paper. probably no going out on the weekend.... but that's good, probably. After the big paper (deadline) I want to finish my paper from the second semester BEFORE i go to copenhagen to see lee play

Nefeli 03.10.2014 12:33 PM

^ good for you baby!

i m having one of the worst 'im worthless, cant paint' days ever!
continued to work though, even though my strokes were fucked up cuz of that. i mean i feel it on them when my confidence is below zero.
it starts to get flesh comes out of canvas at a tiny tiny bit of the whole fucking canvas, so thats good..

MellySingsDoom 03.10.2014 12:42 PM

Hi all - need a bit of a break from SYG for a week. Look forward to seeing you all on my return :)

Rob Instigator 03.10.2014 01:03 PM

see ya soon Mells!

!@#$%! 03.10.2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Hi all - need a bit of a break from SYG for a week. Look forward to seeing you all on my return :)

:..(….

dang dude! i was about to reply to your jack smith comment!

tesla69 03.10.2014 02:12 PM

I don't believe this story. Why would you need a trachial intubation, other than to generate revenue. I wonder what tests they used to determine it was lysergic dimethyl....its florida, sounds like they ate some poisoned meat but they don't want to blame the manufacturer, so its the lsd bogeyman. I'm surprised they don't start blaming it on the apache and commanche tribes.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...th-lsd/2169287

Rob Instigator 03.10.2014 02:27 PM

LSD breaks down in light, in air, or heat. it is a very unstable molecule in that sense. Maybe the meat was ergot tainted? It probably was someone they knew dosing them in secret. cooking a steak would destroy any LSD, and if there was so much LSD as to survive the cooking then those people would still be tripping!

tesla69 03.10.2014 03:34 PM

More people die from Daylight Savings Time each year than marijuana, from which no one dies - there was a doctor in the uK recently that claimed a woman had a heart attack from her weed - ok, 1 vs 366

up to 366 lives could be saved a year, according to a 2004 study in the journal Accident Analysis & Prevention, if we abolished[ DST
]- Gothamist

A Thousand Threads 03.10.2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
mmmm! leichewurst!

Würstelstand statt Vaterland!

Antagon 03.10.2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

I found the viennese soul yesterday.
It's in 10th district, franz josef hospital.
There's the hospital on one side of the street, a cemetery on the other side and a wurst stand in the middle.
I wonder when the tourists will find out about it.

Considering that we're talking about the 10th district, my guess would be not all too soon. Great find though! Just the right dose of the morbid, twisted love Vienna is known for.

pony 03.11.2014 05:22 AM

strangers kiss for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpbDHxCV29A

A Thousand Threads 03.11.2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
strangers kiss for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpbDHxCV29A

They're all so pretty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Considering that we're talking about the 10th district, my guess would be not all too soon. Great find though! Just the right dose of the morbid, twisted love Vienna is known for.

Well, you never know. The private bar of the Kawasaki-Motorcycle-Club i used to go to when i was living there surely was the first sign of pioneers - a group of free-spirit (only slightly racist), bearded 40 somethings, drinking strawberry flavoured vodka...
then came the reconstruction of the Südbahnhof.

Antagon 03.11.2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Well, you never know. The private bar of the Kawasaki-Motorcycle-Club i used to go to when i was living there surely was the first sign of pioneers - a group of free-spirit (only slightly racist), bearded 40 somethings, drinking strawberry flavoured vodka...
then came the reconstruction of the Südbahnhof.

Hm, very interesting. The 10th just never struck me as a very touristy region. The 1st, some parts of the 2nd (Prater), the 6th, the 13th (Schönbrunn) and parts of the 21st and 22nd (Donauinsel, Donaupark, Donauturm) are the more conventional tourist-destinations I can think of. It is a nice and very underrated region with its own unique perks though. I always loved exploring this district to take some pictures.

pony 03.11.2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

They're all so pretty.

i like the blonde with the stripy shirt
reminds me of chloe sevigny

floatingslowly 03.11.2014 12:37 PM

4:30am insomnia - finding a thread by stubey6666 linked on Jezebel -- lols

http://jezebel.com/is-this-the-woman...ston-478479027

Also: I don't read upstairs, because I was over talking ABOUT sonic youth, like 20 years ago. My bad if this was old hash. I'm sure it is. I read Jezebel about as often as I read anything above this bottom-feeding shithole.

Rob Instigator 03.11.2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
4:30am insomnia - finding a thread by stubey6666 linked on Jezebel -- lols

http://jezebel.com/is-this-the-woman...ston-478479027

Also: I don't read upstairs, because I was over talking ABOUT sonic youth, like 20 years ago. My bad if this was old hash. I'm sure it is. I read Jezebel about as often as I read anything above this bottom-feeding shithole.

Ha! Love how they quote stu666's thread. ha!

Bytor Peltor 03.11.2014 02:52 PM

Trying to score a hotel room in New Orleans for this Thursday night is nearly impossible or nowhere close to affordable :(

Bytor Peltor 03.11.2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Trying to score a hotel room in New Orleans for this Thursday night is nearly impossible or nowhere close to affordable :(

SCORED a more than affordable room just a few miles outside of downtown New Orleans......free parking at the hotel = more $$$ for cajun food and records......picking up the new Current 93 among a few other things.

pony 03.11.2014 04:56 PM

I hate myself for saying this because I hated everyone who did sports when I went to school but running and working out in general makes me really happy right now

Antagon 03.11.2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

I hate myself for saying this because I hated everyone who did sports when I went to school but running and working out in general makes me really happy right now

Hey, whatever works is good in my book!

Bytor Peltor 03.11.2014 05:15 PM

Good for you......NOTHING is better than good health!

Quote:

floatingslowly 03.11.2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Ha! Love how they quote stu666's thread. ha!

oh, they didn't mention your name, but your guesses into T-Dog's trouser-snake target was featured in the article.

Again, I know that I'm late to the game, but it was a funny thing to find in the middle of the night.

On that note, I am firmly entrenched in TEAM KIM. You go girl, etc, etc, etc..

EVOLghost 03.11.2014 09:20 PM

I'm surprised they didn't mention the 20 year gap between rob and Kim is not an issue because of his testicles.

EVOLghost 03.11.2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Yeah! Quit bein' a bum.

Rob Instigator 03.12.2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
oh, they didn't mention your name, but your guesses into T-Dog's trouser-snake target was featured in the article.

Again, I know that I'm late to the game, but it was a funny thing to find in the middle of the night.

True. I found that shit funny.

Bytor Peltor 03.12.2014 05:03 PM

I delivered flowers to the venue where Elton John is playing tonight. I wasn't allowed to take them back, but I could hear sound check going on. The flowers are from my wife, daughter and I. My wife put her @twitter on the card, it would be too cool if we got invited backstage.

guest 03.12.2014 11:04 PM

happy birthdays all

Quote:

yeah I'm in the exact same position, except now where everyone else is happy and shit I'm sitting on my tubby arse watching catfish and eating fucking doritos in an endlessly cycle of shit. actually I ran today for a little bit, which sucked. just can't motivate myself. plus I don't want to ever join a gym just so I can say that I've never joined a gym.

Nefeli 03.13.2014 09:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026IsHhSupE#t=18

EVOLghost 03.13.2014 09:25 AM

I don't remember when the last time I've repped half of you....but....I still can't.

EVOLghost 03.13.2014 09:29 AM

/want.

$1300....

pretty cheap.

I almost want to split it with a friend....but....it'd be incredibly hard to halu a head2head cab and figure out where we'll keep it.....even if we CAN keep it anywhere....

Rob Instigator 03.13.2014 01:50 PM

My friend referred to a butthole as a "balloon knot."

MellySingsDoom 03.13.2014 02:06 PM

Need an extra week away from SYG - am learning to play guitar just like Arto Lindsay. Catch you all on my return :) x

Rob Instigator 03.13.2014 02:43 PM

‘What’s the difference between God and Bono? God doesn’t strut around Dublin all day thinking he’s Bono’.

Genteel Death 03.13.2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Need an extra week away from SYG - am learning to play guitar just like Arto Lindsay. Catch you all on my return :) x

This is exciting. For those of you who have never heard Melly playing guitar, this guy is more familiar with the instrument than he'd like to admit out of modesty and he fucking ROCKS! I don't have a recording of it anymore, but we once spent an afternoon improvising both on guitar with a guy who never played the drums before. Amazing how he made us both sound like we knew what we were doing.

floatingslowly 03.13.2014 05:07 PM

dear PruneLip,

I live in a timezone whose sole purpose is making the rest of the world fall asleep. give me five moments and three cups of coffee prior to response.

in the meantime, hold onto your balls, and don't let go. there will be a quiz afterward.

regards, yr pal,

Dr. Slowly