Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Rob Instigator 04.04.2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
yeah.

the chinese slave labourers will eventually be replaced by machines.

these processes are not ugly and brutal, but they are real.

addiction is also slavery. 1st worlders are enslaved in this way more easily. the more money you can get at the more of a junkie you can become.

neurological slavery! thats what it is.

truth.

whether you are a slave to nicotine, or sugar, or to the prime time TV programming, someone somewhere is living large off of you

Rob Instigator 04.04.2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but they have free will! they could just walk away! decisions! no???

Ha! free will is not a final determinant of anything. it is an INITIAL condition. a cop can fuck you over whether or not you choose to disobey. your free will is still active, just useless at that moment.

Rob Instigator 04.04.2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but you're enshrining the "personal" above all which is very culturally american and probably more so exacerbated in texas.

if you were in p.r. you'd probably be thinking more about the family. "smoking is bad for me but lets me work harder which is good for my family."

In PR people love Winstons and Salems.

the number of americans that smoke does not matter to the companies. they makle billions a year selling to the tens of milluions of smokers in India and china.

!@#$%! 04.04.2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Ha! free will is not a final determinant of anything. it is an INITIAL condition. a cop can fuck you over whether or not you choose to disobey. your free will is still active, just useless at that moment.

it's useless at more moments than it's comfortable to realize though. free will is the opium of the american people-- joe the plumber has a union job now though ha ha ha ha haaa.

(he wanted less taxes for the rich cuz some day he might own the company that he worked for. lololol. free will!)

!@#$%! 04.04.2014 04:53 PM

and i should add, this discourse of the "personal" and individual choices as supreme is what's brainwashing people to ignore the possibility of social change-- this at the same time that big business actively works to shape society in its image and complement, which is to reduce free will (unless you're free to shop till you drop and indenture yourself for life!)

Rob Instigator 04.04.2014 04:57 PM

is this evil due to religion, slavery, free will, or what? http://www.chron.com/default/article...or-4078569.php

!@#$%! 04.04.2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
is this evil due to religion, slavery, free will, or what? http://www.chron.com/default/article...or-4078569.php

tabloid news are designed to keep people distracted from the real problems-- like *everyone* getting raped by the illusion of "personal choices."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.04.2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

the neurological reality OVERPOWERS culture. you can hear all the bullshit about free will and positive thinking blah blah blah but the fucking addicted brain does not get such an intense sensation from that that its addictive pathways are deactivated.

That is not true either. For example, we have very distinctly, neurochemically hard-wired sexual desires and impulses, yet we are not overpowered by them enough to say, begin masturbating in the middle of the mall or just sexually assault every person we're attracted too.. Culture is a powerful way in which humans have devised mechanisms to better understand and yes control reactions to neurochemistry.

This is because humans are social mammals, we are as hard-wired to respect other humans as we are to take shits and sleep at night.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 03:54 AM

thanks for the neuro-biology lesson professor bongwater

we're "wired" for the basest of tasks and that's it. everything else is basically advertising for our genes

"respect"? deference to authoritarian ape power structures more like. i'll be nice if you deign to me, or i'll be nice if i want something.

"culture" is just rituals and behaviours and a word that's too vague. culture doesn't magically control us. we like to fantasize that it does, and act like we embody it because it makes us look powerful.

and you as a religious man pretending to hold the keys to the kingdom, as if you stand over it all and we must prostrate before your holy ego. bullshit.

Nefeli 04.05.2014 04:59 AM

yay! daddy not going back to hospital.

by pass in 1987///we are since new year's eve in and out- 2 stent procedures, 1st really fucked him up destroyed his heart 65fucking%, 2nd was 10 days ago and although it went well considering, some of the tons of pills was creating some problems.
holding our horses, but right now i m very happy.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 05:04 AM

thanks jesus

Genteel Death 04.05.2014 05:04 AM

Weed paranoia in my dining room. Again. I'm feeling exasperated now.

pony 04.05.2014 06:34 AM

Yesterday I learned that I no longer have a problem with crying in public. I let everything out on a long ass train ride and even looked people who were staring at me directly in the eye while I was having my (really good and freeing!) cry.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 08:57 AM

respect

Bytor Peltor 04.05.2014 09:11 AM

Headed for a day at the beach......there will be boiling and eating of crawfish and shrimp all day long :)

EVOLghost 04.05.2014 10:31 AM

Sounds delicious.
Noveller and St. Vincent tonight!

!@#$%! 04.05.2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
Yesterday I learned that I no longer have a problem with crying in public. I let everything out on a long ass train ride and even looked people who were staring at me directly in the eye while I was having my (really good and freeing!) cry.

germans are huge starers!

therefore your kung-fu must be good

sorry about your sorrows

dead_battery 04.05.2014 11:18 AM

i really support crying in public.

i cant cry and havent done so for like, over a decade.

i like the idea of being able to cry deliberately in front of people. especially in public.

lately i have this sensation of like tears welling inside me, but it never turns into full on crying. ive probably got decades of blocked up emotions and cigarette butts in my head. also i have had constant mucus, for over a decade. constant mucus coming up. i feel like this all needs to be unblocked and just released but it CANT happen. ive even sat there and TRIED to cry but it wont happen. maybe it would heal my emotional problems. probably not.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 11:24 AM

nobody better recommend neti potts, fuck that shit. they dont work

dead_battery 04.05.2014 12:19 PM

ganjaesus is writing a longass reply.

lets get ready to trolumble.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 12:23 PM

he's writing a LONGASS reply.

here we go...

dead_battery 04.05.2014 12:25 PM

in the meantime i'll reminisce about the time i lived in the city and would walk past this lone anti abortion protestor, and she had a sign with an image of dead foetuses and shit, and i said "free pizza?" to her as i walked by. classic. this was before i lost all my welfare and ended up homeless. good times. life is hell.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 12:30 PM

he's STILL writing a reply!

this is gonna be a very long fucking text of phallocratic rasta christology

dead_battery 04.05.2014 12:31 PM

and he's gone.

comeback dude. i love you really.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.05.2014 12:33 PM

Stop stalking me yo, I wasn't even responding to any of your posts on this thread ;)

dead_battery 04.05.2014 12:35 PM

stalking? you wish you were that interesting.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.05.2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

ive even sat there and TRIED to cry but it wont happen.

"It doesn't affect you, you're not human."

!@#$%! 04.05.2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
yay! daddy not going back to hospital.

by pass in 1987///we are since new year's eve in and out- 2 stent procedures, 1st really fucked him up destroyed his heart 65fucking%, 2nd was 10 days ago and although it went well considering, some of the tons of pills was creating some problems.
holding our horses, but right now i m very happy.

hey, this is very good news, certainly not "irrelevant"

good to hear.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

"It doesn't affect you, you're not human."

wow. i literally havent seen that episode, and ive seen all the old ones

!@#$%! 04.05.2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

nobody better recommend neti potts, fuck that shit. they dont work

i didn't read the prior comments, but i use nasal saline sprays. yes they create trash but i can take them everywhere and they last me a long time. i don't get a lot of allergies but when i do they are easy to wash.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.05.2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

wow. i literally havent seen that episode, and ive seen all the old ones

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dead_battery again.

I tried to find a video link for you but Simpsons are like the NFL or Courtney Love's Nirvana, they be strict on the licensing yo ;)

!@#$%! 04.05.2014 01:05 PM

okay i read your prior comments re: mucus, crying, etc, and it sounds like you could use a sauna. not that it's a cure-all or anything but with such level of congestion some intense heat should help you melt some of it. though if you're too toxic you might faint.

i coughed for something like 8 months straight after i last quit smoking. not thick loogies or anything, just a cough cough cough itchy throat cough cough dry throat cough. really annoying. oh yeah the saline spray helped rid of it for good. i probably was left with post-nasal drip.

dead_battery 04.05.2014 01:08 PM

yes, ive suspected a sauna would work but i dont have access to one unfortunately.

!@#$%! 04.05.2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

yes, ive suspected a sauna would work but i dont have access to one unfortunately.

did i read above you're homeless now? or was that before?

dead_battery 04.05.2014 01:12 PM

that was ages ago.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.05.2014 01:12 PM

Yes, if you're congested a netti pot will NOT work. Your sinuses will be too swollen.. You just got to ride it out. Do you have a sinus infection? If so take some OTC cold medicines which will relieve the symptoms, reduce the swelling, and dry out your nasal passages which will allow your body to clear up the virus/infection..

The downside? If its a sinus infection it could up to three months.....

I got lucky, I had a sinus infection and it cleared up in just 3 weeks.. it was still a fucking torturous three weeks which I thought would never end, felt like was stuck at the bottom of the pool.

!@#$%! 04.05.2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

that was ages ago.

ah, good to know. phew!

dead_battery 04.05.2014 01:15 PM

you guys might think im talking crap - but ive had this for at least 10 years.

seriously. i have constant mucus coming up, flem, heavy sticky stuff. all day long. its been with me since i was a teenager. if it was an infection surely it would have gone by now?

like i have been coughing up/spitting out/swallowing this crap for over 10 years

my nose is broken so its possible the tubes are blocked or something.

theres definitely something wrong!

!@#$%! 04.05.2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

you guys might think im talking crap - but ive had this for at least 10 years.

seriously. i have constant mucus coming up, flem, heavy sticky stuff. all day long. its been with me since i was a teenager. if it was an infection surely it would have gone by now?

like i have been coughing up/spitting out/swallowing this crap for over 10 years

my nose is broken so its possible the tubes are blocked or something.

theres definitely something wrong!

i don't think you're bullshitting, but you're a smoker. isn't it obvious?

dead_battery 04.05.2014 01:17 PM

it is, but ive quit for like 9 months and it doesnt go away.