Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 05.29.2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_

haaaa haaaaa haaaaa haaaa

for a moment i thought it was a church or chapel (the roof shape). then i saw the couch/tv/etc. damn! it would have been great in a chapel.

EVOLghost 05.29.2014 09:46 AM

Cunt 05.29.2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
the ones who know me..know i m social..but i was away on my own and well, isolation really suits me. really calmed me down. it was showing all over my face. now doesnt show anymore.
really wanna go back to where i was and i ll try to do it again during september if i can.

also i d like to state somewhere, that the day i was driving to that place i was smiling on my own and for few days i was feeling the feeling of pure happiness- hadnt felt that way in years i m sure.

That’s self-preservation, not happiness.

We are a social species, isolation doesn’t suit anybody.

!@#$%! 05.29.2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt

true for the most part, but not universally true. there are many happy hermits. all species have mutants. diversity is a necessary requirement of natural selection.

regardless, what you want is neither this nor that-- it's distance regulation.

Genteel Death 05.29.2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

It suits people who would normally be social but sometime need space for themselves. People like Nefeli.
One of my colleagues often insists on cycling back home with me because he lives in an area nearby which requires us taking taking similar journeys until the road splits and we separately reach our destination. Sometimes I really enjoy that, but on occasion, like today, I felt like I needed to go home by myself and cycling offers that to me if I feel like thinking about stuff. When this happens I have to make up excuses and work out the time it takes him to leave the car park so I can leave work by myself. I still get along with him fine and like him as a person though.

Nefeli 05.29.2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

if things or people dont do you good, i dont mean they harm you, but they dont do you good, then yes, call it self preservation. or whatever you like.
thing is, it was absolutely relaxing. didnt have a single bad thought about all the shit i (all of us) have to deal with. did have nightmares of course.

and i m at an age, long time now, that i can distinguish feelings from eachother; it was happiness, as i was going there, as i arrived and the first few days and i knew it wouldnt last. i m in love with that place since a child.
it was, is, a place love.
and i did chat a bit with people. i like when i m alone somewhere and i start a small talk with people i dont know. its refreshing.

i m isolated most of the day here- at home, in my city as well. i just meet with people later.

since a kid, i liked being alone. thats not loneliness or lack of social skills.
duh. i know people who cant stand being alone..how do you call that? (rhetorical).

Nefeli 05.29.2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
It suits people who would normally be social but sometime need space for themselves. People like Nefeli.
One of my colleagues often insists on cycling back home with me because he lives in an area nearby which requires us taking taking similar journeys until the road splits and we separately reach our destination. Sometimes I really enjoy that, but on occasion, like today, I felt like I needed to go home by myself and cycling offers that to me if I feel like thinking about stuff. When this happens I have to make up excuses and work out the time it takes him to leave the car park so I can leave work by myself. I still get along with him fine and like him as a person though.

actually i m also at a point -some time now- that i need new people.
and you know i m always up for meeting new people.
and even if you arent new, you are always fresh and i cant wait to see you next week. hehehehhehehehhe

Genteel Death 05.29.2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

actually i m also at a point -some time now- that i need new people.
and you know i m always up for meeting new people.
and even if you arent new, you are always fresh and i cant wait to see you next week. hehehehhehehehhe

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!

A Thousand Threads 05.30.2014 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
The following is a sad story......it's been over a week now and I still can't comprehend it. It's about a girl I've worked with for the past ten years. She was one of my Supervisors for the past four years and we had a great rapport.

Not only did she have a great job, our company allowed her to leave during the day and go teach classes at the local university who was paying her to do so.

Last week she put on a specialized / altered dress, a wig and sunglasses and went on a shoplifting spree at a Wal-Mart in the adjacent County. She loaded up about one thousand dollars worth of stuff and was apprehended when trying to leave the store.

She went from having two incomes to ??? She is no longer employed here and I doubt she will still be teaching when the fall semester begins. Her Masters degree just became worthless.

I still can't believe it!

That's very weird. She did it for the kick?

Genteel Death 05.30.2014 08:21 AM

EVOLghost 05.30.2014 10:13 AM

That's nuts yo! Why so many bandanas!

Rob Instigator 05.30.2014 04:34 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.30.2014 07:51 PM

EVOLghost 05.31.2014 08:31 AM

la gatita canto anoche :P

pony 05.31.2014 08:46 AM

i know people with good butts

pony 05.31.2014 02:24 PM

don't take drinks from strangers

!@#$%! 05.31.2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
i know people with good butts

this is the funniest thing i've read all day.

and i'm sure you do.

Nefeli 05.31.2014 07:19 PM

so..pffffffffffffffff
so i think i should either isolate or move to other country.
but you know meeting new people doesnt mean good solid friendships so dunno.
i just really wanna go back to where i was last week.
didnt expect to feel that way,
(i m not wasted, so aint posting in that thread).

tw2113 05.31.2014 08:43 PM

nope

pony 05.31.2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this is the funniest thing i've read all day.

and i'm sure you do.

thanks babe :cool:

dead_battery 06.01.2014 10:28 AM

Republic People's Korea now thinking Abby Martin superb evil liar doing, glorious to win public information battle triumph on Russia Today through stealing Snowden by invitation to living condition and the best side dish of all the foods, kimchi. Snowden hoped to arrive when decision take part basketball following Dennis Rodman style. Glorious government announce crushing victory over techniques Russia Today and mincing debutante figureheads. Snowden in value explode possession under dear leader Republic People's Korea, inventing kimchi perfection.

EVOLghost 06.01.2014 10:54 AM

yo, kimchi is pretty fucking good...

EVOLghost 06.01.2014 11:02 AM

!@#$%! 06.01.2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
yo, kimchi is pretty fucking good...

mmmm yes.

with some grilled beef.

!@#$%! 06.01.2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

so..pffffffffffffffff
so i think i should either isolate or move to other country.
but you know meeting new people doesnt mean good solid friendships so dunno.
i just really wanna go back to where i was last week.
didnt expect to feel that way,
(i m not wasted, so aint posting in that thread).

i missed this earlier.

was last week a place or a situation?

i like moving.

pony 06.01.2014 06:37 PM

less distractions from reading!!!

EVOLghost 06.01.2014 07:58 PM

So...another dood asked me if I wanted my dick sucked for money...fucking creeps.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.01.2014 08:00 PM

I friend of my mentioned similar comments on her twitter recently, I didn't realize some dudez were still that lame! What, are they in the seventh grade?

dead_battery 06.01.2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony

less distractions from reading!!!

i love u pony.

pony 06.01.2014 08:26 PM

Oh, you!!!!

dead_battery 06.02.2014 05:35 PM

met these hilarious guys today down at the coffee shop, had great fun cracking wise and shooting the shit with them.

_tunic_ 06.03.2014 12:49 AM

I learned a new word today, and it's not even 8AM

guest 06.03.2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
met these hilarious guys today down at the coffee shop, had great fun cracking wise and shooting the shit with them.

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Nefeli 06.03.2014 02:13 AM

Quote:

i missed this earlier.

was last week a place or a situation?

i like moving.

my view

pony 06.03.2014 06:06 AM

^ <3

!@#$%! 06.03.2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

my view

oh, damn!

Nefeli 06.03.2014 08:45 AM

oh yeah.

my only regret is not spending much time on that balkony.
in the morning from 8 o clock till noon, you couldnt stand on it. the sun was hitting it hard.
and at night..well, it was too much for me to just sit there for long alone. i regret that.

but that moon..and we see shit in that pic..
it was the 1st night there and i m indoors watching shit on the laptop, but i can see outside and suddenly i m like wtf??? its the moon..
and it hit me, i didnt have anyone, any low iq lover or some asshole to text: yo dude check out the moon.
but it was just as amazing to watch that. :)

!@#$%! 06.03.2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

oh yeah.

my only regret is not spending much time on that balkony.
in the morning from 8 o clock till noon, you couldnt stand on it. the sun was hitting it hard.
and at night..well, it was too much for me to just sit there for long alone. i regret that.

but that moon..and we see shit in that pic..
it was the 1st night there and i m indoors watching shit on the laptop, but i can see outside and suddenly i m like wtf??? its the moon..
and it hit me, i didnt have anyone, any low iq lover or some asshole to text: yo dude check out the moon.
but it was just as amazing to watch that. :)

ha ha ha that is great.

where i live is similar to that, but it's a desert (and no sea). and yes you can read a book under the moonlight--a full moon here looks like a giant street lamp.

no neighbors, no sirens, no traffic noise. all i hear outside the window right now is birds.

can you go back there for a while, armed only with your paints? or will it be filling up with tourists soon?

you can always go even further away, and paint the natives

EVOLghost 06.03.2014 08:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OpA-LuGKtE

shoutouts to mah homeboy mightymarcurse....dood with facial hair/playing the worst character in the game vs one of the best in the game. Takin' vsavior over that asshole Floe.

I need to whoops his ass some more in 3s so he starts playin that shit seriuosly again.

Nefeli 06.03.2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

ha ha ha that is great.

where i live is similar to that, but it's a desert (and no sea). and yes you can read a book under the moonlight--a full moon here looks like a giant street lamp.

no neighbors, no sirens, no traffic noise. all i hear outside the window right now is birds.

can you go back there for a while, armed only with your paints? or will it be filling up with tourists soon?

you can always go even further away, and paint the natives

:)

i always found intriguing to be in the desert. dunno if i could be for long..might be able to..there is a special peace..but i always felt i need to view the horizon in the sea.

the place i went is a 'closed' place for people who worked for the navy, my dad used to.
its not easy to get a house and he left a lifetime ago.
but! they did arrangements and they give houses, you pay, the off season times like when i went. so i m planning..if i can, to go back on the final season, end of september. i can visit but only during daytime until then.