Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.25.2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i hope it was used but in good shape, i hope it's easy to fix and get parts, i hope you paid cash, and i hope you're not on the $500/mo lifetime payment plan.

Check on good shape, check on easy to fix and get parts, check on paid cash (even got a good deal on the registration), and fuck that credit shit I'm like a Muslim about debt, that shit is a mortal sin!!

While I haven't owned a car in eleven years, I'm not entirely stupid to the process, I went down all the same checklist you did, and am hoping this works out. I also don't want to join the "$500 a month fixing my used car" plan either cuz to be honest I HATE cars yo :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
spent the day working on 2 of the paintings yesterday.
---->isolation.
the only problem with this, is the dreams.

You seem to be haunted by dreams too.. Not those kind of traumatic nightmare kind of haunting, but more so those REAL dreams that just sting in the morning. Those self-reflective, deep fantasy, or reliving moments of regret kind of dreams. I have them all the time, they used to really crush me sometimes, still do get to me occasionally, but I'm learning to almost embrace them instead of resist. If my spirit and/or subconscious needs to vent, so be it.

foreverasskiss 07.25.2014 03:15 PM

you mean those dreams you feel in yr gut about unrequited love and yr dead mother? the after when yr in the shower early in the morn you cry?

yep. have those all the time.

Rob Instigator 07.25.2014 04:10 PM

For anyone interested in the mind and symbols shared in dreams. Carl Jung, Man & His Symbols, chapter: The Function of Dreams
http://peyser.sewanee.edu/Sites/276%...%20dreams&.pdf

20 pages or so of wisdom.

!@#$%! 07.25.2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Check on good shape, check on easy to fix and get parts, check on paid cash (even got a good deal on the registration), and fuck that credit shit I'm like a Muslim about debt, that shit is a mortal sin!!

While I haven't owned a car in eleven years, I'm not entirely stupid to the process, I went down all the same checklist you did, and am hoping this works out. I also don't want to join the "$500 a month fixing my used car" plan either cuz to be honest I HATE cars yo :cool:

congrats & props for that. reason i mentioned is that our friend joaquín is leasing a german car… which means after 3 (?)years of payments and expensive repairs he'll have to pay more and will own nothing.

and i'm not saying this to shit on him either, but hoping to reach anyone's ears, because people get suckered in all the time...

i know someone who just got TALKED INTO buying a new car they didn't need… $500/mo for years to come, and the moment you drive out of the lot you lose 30% of the value of your purchase but you're still in hock for the full price… and then all kinds of stuff.

it's never worth it getting into debt for a depreciating item.

i like cars but i hate LA traffic. THE WORST.

EVOLghost 07.25.2014 04:50 PM

What repairs? Warranties mofo....except me being a dimbass an wrecking this shit. But yeah...I wish I would've bought a used car....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.25.2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
For anyone interested in the mind and symbols shared in dreams. Carl Jung, Man & His Symbols, chapter: The Function of Dreams
http://peyser.sewanee.edu/Sites/276%...%20dreams&.pdf

20 pages or so of wisdom.

Jung is my favorite yo

!@#$%! 07.26.2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
What repairs? Warranties mofo....except me being a dimbass an wrecking this shit. But yeah...I wish I would've bought a used car....

but warranties are worked into the price, and shit always happens that's not a manufacturer defect. e.g,, a goat jumps on your hood (happened to me haa haaa). and when that happens, german parts and german mechanics are expensive.

then when you turn in the car after the lease is over they charge you for extra miles, for dings and scratches, for all manner of shit , the fuckers, and the salesman smiles are gone from their faces.

depreciation runs faster & deeper in the first couple of years, so if you can get a solid 2 or 3 year old car you can easily drive it for a decade (or more) and the yearly cost turns out quite low-- or if you wanna replace it more often, the resale/trade in value is pretty good vs your purchase price.

i'd like to buy and old jeep and fix it up. something army-like.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.27.2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
you mean those dreams you feel in yr gut about unrequited love and yr dead mother? the after when yr in the shower early in the morn you cry?

FUCK I hate those.. Its like, in your real life you totally know why those relationships failed, indeed the very fact they failed is evidence enough as to why you moved on. But in your dream life your dream self doesn't remember all that rational shit, it just remembers the raw love. Funny thing about true love, like cigarette addiction it never goes away. Maybe it subsides. Maybe you even get used to not having it. However, it never goes away. It is a dull ache and deep craving that is always there, ever constant, ever gnawing at the back of your mind..

Then there are those dreams about family you've lost, or friends that aren't around anymore, or jobs you almost had, or bands you were in.. fuck. I need a beer!

EVOLghost 07.28.2014 12:13 PM

foreverasskiss 07.28.2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
FUCK I hate those.. Its like, in your real life you totally know why those relationships failed, indeed the very fact they failed is evidence enough as to why you moved on. But in your dream life your dream self doesn't remember all that rational shit, it just remembers the raw love. Funny thing about true love, like cigarette addiction it never goes away. Maybe it subsides. Maybe you even get used to not having it. However, it never goes away. It is a dull ache and deep craving that is always there, ever constant, ever gnawing at the back of your mind..

Then there are those dreams about family you've lost, or friends that aren't around anymore, or jobs you almost had, or bands you were in.. fuck. I need a beer!

you spread some reputation around before giving it to Suchfriends again.

EVOLghost 07.28.2014 07:11 PM

I'min heaven. I'm getting drunk. Playing my favorite game....original Japanese board...in a Japanese cabinet(they're better because a. You can sit and b. the joysticks/buttons are much better)...I have some awesome dope...and I don't have to feel guilty for not hanging out with mah gurl because she's going out of town :D ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

pony 08.06.2014 12:41 PM

CLEANING IS SO MUCH FUN

EVOLghost 08.06.2014 12:53 PM

Wanna come and help clean my room? That's what I'm currentlydoing.

pony 08.06.2014 01:39 PM

no.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.06.2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
no.

!@#$%! 08.06.2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

no.

dammit, i was about to sign up for the cleaning service

my wife is going to be away for a few days and when she does i always revert to my true troglodyte nature and things fall apart.

i'll need assistance with: laundry, dishwashing, floor vacuuming/mopping, catbox cleanup.

pony 08.06.2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

dammit, i was about to sign up for the cleaning service

my wife is going to be away for a few days and when she does i always revert to my true troglodyte nature and things fall apart.

i'll need assistance with: laundry, dishwashing, floor vacuuming/mopping, catbox cleanup.

i'll do everything except the last thingy

i also enjoy cleaning windows, TOILETS, and defrosting and cleaning fridges

!@#$%! 08.06.2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

i'll do everything except the last thingy

i also enjoy cleaning windows, TOILETS, and defrosting and cleaning fridges

GREAT! toilets could use a scrub. as long as you can yell at me to clean the box the way she does i'll do it myself. hA! i just get absent-minded/lost in my head.

nobody gets near my beloved freezer except for me. i do all the cooking, so you can have free meals besides all of the FREE CLEANING FUN!

DAILY SPECIALS
breakfast - bacon, coffee, cigarettes
lunch - steak, coffee, cigarettes
dinner - gin coktails, peanuts, cigarettes

(i really almost never smoke but the menu looks better that way)

pony 08.06.2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

GREAT! toilets could use a scrub. as long as you can yell at me to clean the box the way she does i'll do it myself. hA! i just get absent-minded/lost in my head.

nobody gets near my beloved freezer except for me. i do all the cooking, so you can have free meals besides all of the FREE CLEANING FUN!

DAILY SPECIALS
breakfast - bacon, coffee, cigarettes
lunch - steak, coffee, cigarettes
dinner - gin coktails, peanuts, cigarettes

(i really almost never smoke but the menu looks better that way)

i am IN!
especially when there's steak involved-
let me find a sugar daddy to pay my flight and I'll be there
you'll only have to take me shopping to get one of these

(maybe a bit fancier???)
and some rubber gloves so I won't ruin my nails :cool:

!@#$%! 08.06.2014 06:17 PM

oh, we have aprons.

pony 08.06.2014 06:30 PM

i need my very own though!
OKAY??

!@#$%! 08.06.2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

i need my very own though!
OKAY??

OF COURSE

Bytor Peltor 08.06.2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Laundry, filling and emptying the dishwasher and cleaning the floors are the ones I don't mind. Placing things in their proper place and dusting are the ones I don't care for.

!@#$%! 08.06.2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Laundry, filling and emptying the dishwasher and cleaning the floors are the ones I don't mind. Placing things in their proper place and dusting are the ones I don't care for.

we don't use a dishwasher, and since i cook i'm the one who makes the mess, 3 times a day, more if you count coffee breaks and midnight inventions, i don't clean up after. left alone i just let a pile build on teh sink and i start eating straight from the pan or pot where the food was cooked.

madame !@#$%! has said she'll leave me with a stack of paper plates.

the laundry i simply space out, as when left alone i live filthy

the proper place for things is obviously-- on the floor! especially coins.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.06.2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Placing things in their proper place and dusting are the ones I don't care for because really its not worth quarreling with my wife because she has a set way about where these things should be and that is that.

Fixed that for ya :cool:

Quote:

i also enjoy cleaning TOILETS, and defrosting and cleaning fridges

That's a fargin lie and you know it!

EVOLghost 08.07.2014 07:31 AM

This is bullshit. Where's my help!

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 08.08.2014 10:00 AM

It's World Cat Day!
So it gives me an excuse to post a coupla cutesy pix of my puss Choo-Choo..

Interesting World Cat Day Fact #1: Peter Criss was only my 3rd favourite member of KISS...

!@#$%! 08.08.2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny "Magic Fingers"
It's World Cat Day!
So it gives me an excuse to post a coupla cutesy pix of my puss Choo-Choo..

Interesting World Cat Day Fact #1: Peter Criss was only my 3rd favourite member of KISS...

PRAISED BE THE HOLY CATURDAY!

Rob Instigator 08.08.2014 12:45 PM

Eva Prinz outgrew her Kim Gordon reference and proceeded to replace her as Thurston's cock-warmer!

Rob Instigator 08.08.2014 01:04 PM

Rob Instigator 08.08.2014 04:04 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.08.2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Eva Prinz outgrew her Kim Gordon reference and proceeded to replace her as Thurston's cock-warmer!

Notice Kim is classy enough to hide her drink behind her..

EVOLghost 08.09.2014 08:37 AM

I really like the bed comforter Eva is wearing.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.09.2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I really like the bed comforter Eva is wearing.

I wonder if she got it at Ross?

She looks like an OompaLoompa fashionista :cool:

pony 08.10.2014 07:50 AM

don't know if i should go see demdike stare and nate young tonight
i wanna go but i'd probably have to go alone and that makes me uncomfortable

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.10.2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

i wanna go but i'd probably have to go alone and that makes me uncomfortable

I've gone to A LOT of shows solo because no body else I know is into it. Its not the greatest but the show itself is always worth it..

But I know what you mean, I haven't gone to a show by myself in years to be honest, and it probably only accounts for less than 7% of all the hundreds of gigs I've been too

Nefeli 08.11.2014 04:02 AM

one thing that i will always cherish from the time i was away in the camping place, was this weird feeling in the 1st of the 2 extreme weather apocalypse like cases we had.
while walking back to the tents, in a single step, it was like entering a different dimension of some wind hell. amazing..
stressful, uncomfortable, since we had to sleep in the car, wondering how our shit would be wet etc, but of course everything went well.
and every time its of the situations that have fun in the social way. and the beauty of the scenery is explicit.

being back sucks, even though i wasnt in the best terms of mood and thoughts. it always manages to be cleansed, like blocking out reality, no net, weak phone signal and also its the things you do there; few things.
now i could go back. but dunno.
and i have a tons of shit to deal with and its too hot.

!@#$%! 08.11.2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
one thing that i will always cherish from the time i was away in the camping place, was this weird feeling in the 1st of the 2 extreme weather apocalypse like cases we had.
while walking back to the tents, in a single step, it was like entering a different dimension of some wind hell. amazing..
stressful, uncomfortable, since we had to sleep in the car, wondering how our shit would be wet etc, but of course everything went well.
and every time its of the situations that have fun in the social way. and the beauty of the scenery is explicit.

being back sucks, even though i wasnt in the best terms of mood and thoughts. it always manages to be cleansed, like blocking out reality, no net, weak phone signal and also its the things you do there; few things.
now i could go back. but dunno.
and i have a tons of shit to deal with and its too hot.

it's great to read this-- not just because of the altered states you describe but also because just yesterday i was wondering why the pictures of your work had not been appearing

Nefeli 08.11.2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

it's great to read this-- not just because of the altered states you describe but also because just yesterday i was wondering why the pictures of your work had not been appearing

thats nice of you.

oil paintings take forever..
i did work there some, not as much as i planned and surely nothing really worth showing. i ll take a look at what i did and see.
need to get my shit together and start tomorrow, otherwise the isolation, that i was looking so much forward to, and heat will kill me.

tesla69 08.13.2014 08:40 AM

Here, from 1955, are the types of drugs the MKULTRA men at the CIA were looking for:
* Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the recipient would be discredited in public.
* Substances which increase the efficiency of mentation and perception.
* Materials which will prevent or counteract the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
* Materials which will promote the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
* Materials which will produce the signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible way so that they may be used for malingering, etc.
* Materials which will render the induction of hypnosis easier or otherwise enhance its usefulness.
* Substances which will enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture and coercion during interrogation and so-called “brain-washing”.
* Materials and physical methods which will produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use.
* Physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of surreptitious use.
* Substances which produce physical disablement such as paralysis of the legs, acute anemia, etc.
* Substances which will produce “pure” euphoria with no subsequent let-down.
* Substances which alter personality structure in such a way that the tendency of the recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced.
* A material which will cause mental confusion of such a type that the individual under its influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under questioning.
* Substances which will lower the ambition and general working efficiency of men when administered in undetectable amounts.
* Substances which promote weakness or distortion of the eyesight or hearing faculties, preferably without permanent effects.
* A knockout pill which can surreptitiously be administered in drinks, food, cigarettes, as an aerosol, etc., which will be safe to use, provide a maximum of amnesia, and be suitable for use by agent types on an ad hoc basis.
* A material which can be surreptitiously administered by the above routes and which in very small amounts will make it impossible for a man to perform any physical activity whatsoever.
http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/20...or-everything/