Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 11.16.2014 03:39 PM

first snow of the year!!!

--

ha ha, joaquín, you lucky dog, having to make such choices :P

(no, they can be difficult to make especially when sober, i don't mean to mock you)

Bytor Peltor 11.16.2014 07:15 PM

Oklahoma City got hit hard this morning......my cousin who lives in Abilene, Texas just text saying it was snowing there.

Nothing but rain rain rain here.

EVOLghost 11.16.2014 08:08 PM

Yeah this name storm brought winter way too early. But whatever the temp may be under average...but it was going to be this cold regardless....

And they're tough choices indeed.

EVOLghost 11.22.2014 07:33 PM

Oh darn it.

It was supposed to happen last night....but her friend changed her mind....which is good I guess....she was looking out for my girlfriend...but my girlfriend seems eager.....and like REALLY down for it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.22.2014 08:49 PM

Just so you know kinky relationships dont go far so if you really think of this girl as your "girlfriend" stop even taking offers for 3somes.. that kind of shit is for less involved relationships where fucking is the basis of said relationship. If your even remotely interested in this "relationship" to jave any kind of future keep your dick between you and her.

Bytor Peltor 11.24.2014 11:13 AM

King Diamond Theme Park

!@#$%! 11.24.2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Just so you know kinky relationships dont go far so if you really think of this girl as your "girlfriend" stop even taking offers for 3somes.. that kind of shit is for less involved relationships where fucking is the basis of said relationship. If your even remotely interested in this "relationship" to jave any kind of future keep your dick between you and her.

that's usually the case for "normal" people, as every time you have 3 people it's going to be 2 against one (or one more favorite than the other). so tensions and jealousies can come from all directions.

but it can work when it's something like a couple of lions hunting together, and the 3rd one is the willing prey ha ha ha--i.e., not a "relationship" and no threat to the pair bond, but a shared hobby instead. sort of like having a (sex) maid, ha ha. but the loyalties have to be very clear.

Nefeli 11.24.2014 01:04 PM

coca (the dog) is sometimes like you have a superhot guy and you are about to have sex, he gets undressed and his feet smell.
aka her mouth smells again like hell.

!@#$%! 11.24.2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
coca (the dog) is sometimes like you have a superhot guy and you are about to have sex, he gets undressed and his feet smell.
aka her mouth smells again like hell.

that was superfunny. i reread that a bunch of times today and kept laughing.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.24.2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but it can work when it's something like a couple of lions hunting together, and the 3rd one is the willing prey ha ha ha--i.e., not a "relationship" and no threat to the pair bond, but a shared hobby instead. sort of like having a (sex) maid, ha ha. but the loyalties have to be very clear.

It still won't work because if one of the "lions" is trying for a "normal" relationship then she will inherently have problems with the prey after the fact. Even she doesn't, then she isn't interested in a normal relationship so if the other lion is, then it is he who will be disappointed inevitably. Now if the lions are just interested in some kinky shit and relationships aren't the goal, then fuck away yo

Pelle 11.26.2014 06:34 AM

I saw the sun today.

EVOLghost 11.27.2014 03:34 AM

Yeah. Im kind of glad her friend chicken'd out. Another reason I didn't say anything because they were so close. I don't want feelings to get involved...but yeah...anyways...I'm not worrying about this any longer. But yeah now she knows I'm agreeing with her friend that this might not be the best idea...

Anyways. Happy thanksgiving yo. Eat some bird n do the potato mash.

Bytor Peltor 11.30.2014 10:01 PM

I was pumping gas when a lady approaches me asking if I could help her air up her tire. She said the car was telling her the back left tire had 14lbs of air and all the rest had 34lbs. She put the quarters in the machine and as I aired it up, she would relay the increasing pounds per the digital readout on the dash of her car.

When I was done, she asked if I knew anything about nitrogen filled tires. I did not and she told me this was the kind of tires she has.

I'm sooo far behind when it comes to "technology" in new vehicles.

Savage Clone 11.30.2014 10:21 PM

I did not even know that was a thing.

!@#$%! 12.01.2014 12:19 AM

my old truck has nitrogen-filled tires. supposedly has some advantages with more stable pressure. expensive to fill up though ($5 for a top-off in random places), but refills are included in the price of costco tires i bought.

problem w/ said lady is that she'll have to bleed the tire and refill with nitrogen. last year i didn't have tools so i had to do an oil change at pepboys and the fool mechanic started filling them up with with air. doh! nitrogen-inflated tires use green caps.

having said all that, our atmosphere is already almost 80% nitrogen-- so it's not like some rare gas or anything.

--

i had never made a pie but i made 3 pies today: 2 banana cream ones (the momofuku recipe) and 1 peach.

the peach one is too hot to eat so i have no opinion yet, but the banana cream pies are too fucking sweet.

who the fuck makes a whipped cream with 3/4 cup of heavy cream and a whole fucking cup of confectioner's sugar? i triple-checked and it was true. it's like homemade artificial shit. one tablespoon of this pie will give you an instant sugar high like some 7-11 product. tasty but evil.

good learning experience but i'm done with the sweet shit. from now on it's gonna be all meat pies.

Bytor Peltor 12.01.2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

supposedly has some advantages with more stable pressure.

problem w/ said lady is that she'll have to bleed the tire and refill with nitrogen.
--
good learning experience but i'm done with the sweet shit. from now on it's gonna be all meat pies.

I guess the "stable pressure" explains why the tire didn't appear / bulge like normal low air tires do......it looked about the same as the others. At first, I questioned if her dashboard indicator may be faulty......once I started adding the air, I could tell it was filling up.

The lady mentioned she would need to have it bled in the morning and re-filled with nitrogen. Like Savage, I had no clue of such a thing.

Speaking of pies, my aunt made a pecan pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and it was amazing! Not too sweet and oh so tasty......

Natchitoches, Louisiana is famous for their meat pies and I can attest they are good. Will you be making something like this Meat Pie

Rob Instigator 12.01.2014 05:52 PM

Bytor Peltor 12.01.2014 05:59 PM

I heard that a movie theater in Austin ran this all weekend on one of their screens......even had a question / answer session pausing every couple of seconds looking for and discussing clues.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.01.2014 07:44 PM

!@#$%! 12.01.2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I guess the "stable pressure" explains why the tire didn't appear / bulge like normal low air tires do......it looked about the same as the others. At first, I questioned if her dashboard indicator may be faulty......once I started adding the air, I could tell it was filling up.

The lady mentioned she would need to have it bled in the morning and re-filled with nitrogen. Like Savage, I had no clue of such a thing.

Speaking of pies, my aunt made a pecan pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and it was amazing! Not too sweet and oh so tasty......

Natchitoches, Louisiana is famous for their meat pies and I can attest they are good. Will you be making something like this Meat Pie

must spread rep etc-- thanks for that link/

i reckon i won't deep-fry them though. we call those EMPANADAS and i had forgotten their existence. forgotten no more. that looks like a good new orleans seasoning though (holy trinity + cayenne).

not sure i'm down with the labor in doing all those little wraparounds but i can always do a single pie & eat w/ a spoon.

stu666 12.02.2014 02:11 AM

Just so you all know. Foreverasskiss has left the building. It was his choice to go and to be honest I won't miss his racist, sexist and homophobic comments or being accused of editing his posts (which I never did).

ann ashtray 12.02.2014 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Just so you all know. Foreverasskiss has left the building. It was his choice to go and to be honest I won't miss his racist, sexist and homophobic comments or being accused of editing his posts (which I never did).

He'll be back. They always come back.

Keeping It Simple 12.02.2014 10:42 AM

Apparently if you eat more than two bananas a day, you're fucked. Go figure.

Bytor Peltor 12.02.2014 11:06 AM

For my taste, I've found that cayenne can be overused and when so, usually ends badly. From what I've found, Louisiana meat pies differ from the part of the State. I had one in DeRidder that had just as much cream-ish corn as it did meat......the best I've ever had!

Quote:

must spread rep etc-- thanks for that link/

i reckon i won't deep-fry them though. we call those EMPANADAS and i had forgotten their existence. forgotten no more. that looks like a good new orleans seasoning though (holy trinity + cayenne).

not sure i'm down with the labor in doing all those little wraparounds but i can always do a single pie & eat w/ a spoon.

Keeping It Simple 12.04.2014 10:42 AM

Apparently if eat more than 2 Louisiana meat pies a day, you're fucked. Go figure.

!@#$%! 12.04.2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
For my taste, I've found that cayenne can be overused and when so, usually ends badly. From what I've found, Louisiana meat pies differ from the part of the State. I had one in DeRidder that had just as much cream-ish corn as it did meat......the best I've ever had!

oh man, i love cayenne. in my red beans, in my bloody marys, and if it's cold it can go in my socks too ha ha. if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, right? but yeah it can give people heartburn.

the onions/green peppers/celery is such a louisiana flavor combo i can now spot it from outer space. i learned that from a TV fatman. i think it was this one:

he kept going about "trinity" this and "trinity" that.

oh ha ha apparently the term was his invention: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_trinity_(cuisine)

another thing i learned from him was to throw the wilted vegetables into the meat pot. good trick!

Rob Instigator 12.04.2014 02:09 PM

Prudhome ^ also invented, or at least perfected, the art of "blackened" fish.

!@#$%! 12.04.2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Prudhome ^ also invented, or at least perfected, the art of "blackened" fish.

i didn't know that! i shall honor his image and works like those of a holy santo.

!@#$%! 12.08.2014 02:13 PM

oh, i hear you about that.

i actually put too much cayenne in the beans this morning (probably inspired by this thread). i fear that lunch might burn me twice! :eek:

demonrail666 12.13.2014 05:14 AM

I've just woken up from a dream where I was snogging Elaine Paige.

tesla69 12.13.2014 11:11 AM

There is a lot of good candy around the office for the holidays and I've discovered it really makes my shits stink something awful.

h8kurdt 12.13.2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

The dream.

!@#$%! 12.14.2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

damn!

watch out that in your next dream she doesn't hard-candy you and and give up your baby for adoption.

===

i just made my first pizza ever (from scratch, obviously). waiting for it to cool. SCARY.

h8kurdt 12.15.2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
The dream.

GODDAMMIT!! I've just realised I was thinking of Ellen Page, not bloody Elaine Paige.

Ellen Page *thumbs up* (not an innuendo)
Elaine Paige *thumbs down*

....honest...

Nefeli 12.17.2014 01:50 PM

today, i had moments missing my isolation and painting.

!@#$%! 12.17.2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

today, i had moments missing my isolation and painting.

ow... are you back in an office? i'm sorry! :( (a necessary evil)

i think i understand now why you haven't been painting (from the other thread)

but you know-- there's early mornings and evenings and weekends and vacations... i hope you manage to stick to it

Nefeli 12.17.2014 05:06 PM

not its not that. although this will happen in the near future..
you all know me here; if it was that, i would have had properly announced it.

!@#$%! 12.17.2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

not its not that. although this will happen in the near future..
you all know me here; if it was that, i would have had properly announced it.

what? you're not in an office? GO PAINT! :p

but no, seriously, come oooon! we wanna see that portrait with the blue background! yes?

anyway, more seriously yet, i hope all is well with you. i hope it's not the winter depression keeping you from your brushes.

EVOLghost 12.18.2014 07:12 PM

jlskahorihmqcgeh[ouhmrxgc

A Thousand Threads 12.18.2014 08:28 PM

last concert this year tomorrow....
should be a fun one, my instrument will be a metal-mang:

after that show tomorrow, holiday starts!
i'm going to be a tourist again! I haven't done that in a while.

hope you all get through the newyears-christmas-shit very well!