Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

schizophrenicroom 02.08.2015 05:33 PM

but yeah, i'm trying to find... some kinda path.

!@#$%! 02.08.2015 05:34 PM

actually i think it was 16 cents now that i recall. turned out to be something like $400/mo which i did by staying up all night a couple of times a month.

anyway you have to pay your dues and make it happen

learn to live on little so it's no pressure

nobody asked me for my degree or anything.

i never even gave them my actual name-- it was fucking fake

they resold my content -- oh, i could have been famous ha ha ha.

seriously i didn't give a shit.

just fucking write something good. no excuses.

see what gawker/kinja pay

go punch them in the teeth already.

!@#$%! 02.08.2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
this is the best news I've heard all month:
Finally MEN have their own TOOTHPASTE !!!

finally?

we've had that for YEARS!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.08.2015 05:46 PM

Yeah crime is kind of a stop gap job. If done too long it harms both the resume and work ethic.. also the more successful ones are at crime more likely to go out like Tony Montana..

schizophrenicroom 02.08.2015 06:30 PM

hahahah.

yeah, I should get in touch with gawker. a few acquaintances there.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.08.2015 06:43 PM

Now you're thinking.. almost every job i ever got was offered to me by someone i was previously acquainted with. Shit, probably 3 out of 5 they hit me up randomly! Im prayin for ya and im sure the non praying types around here are wishing you good fortune.

!@#$%! 02.08.2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yeah crime is kind of a stop gap job.

more of a painful form of suicide by association with a bunch of fucked up sociopaths who always take waaaaay more than they ever give.

the only way to stay alive and sane in this life is to give fucking sociopaths as wide a berth as you humanly can.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.08.2015 07:52 PM

Ive known a few criminals who weren't total sociopaths and a few total sociopaths who weren't that bad of people. Then again, i kind have a high threshold of tolerance for human bullshit so maybe i just overlook things sometimes

schizophrenicroom 02.08.2015 09:13 PM

ive been on a sort of break from most people. i knew a ton of sociopaths in Miami... most of them decent people when they got a fix but until then. it was sad, really.

dead_battery 02.09.2015 05:08 AM

yeah its all about who you know. its all nepotism and connections and if you dont have those you dont have shit. unacknowledged truth of how things work.

!@#$%! 02.09.2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
yeah its all about who you know. its all nepotism and connections and if you dont have those you dont have shit. unacknowledged truth of how things work.

it's not unacknowledged. human life is social, and people have known this since forever. there are a bunch of ancient proverbs and sayings as well as modern studies that recognize this. it's true that the american ideology of the supreme individual fails to see that but the rest of the planet has known it forever--dime con quién andas y te diré quien eres.

it does not follow that one has to connect with elite/powerful types though-- only with people who do the kind of work you want to do or whose company you enjoy. doesn't even have to be that many.

Bytor Peltor 02.09.2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh you lucky louisianian -- isn't mardi gras next week though? is this just a prelude?

We attended "First Saturday" which has been going on in Galveston for close to twenty years now. I believe it's a big deal in New Orleans and other places as well. Nowhere near as busy / attended as next weekend, but big fun none the less.

After the parade, we walked over to Willie G's and enjoyed some of the best platter service ever: two dozen oysters, two dozen oysters mixed with spinach & cheese all served in some of the biggest oyster shells I've ever seen......normally not a fan of oysters, the mix w/ spinach and cheese were extra good, especially when placed on a cracker and topped with Tabasco. There were also platters of shrimp (wrapped, stuffed, BBQued, coated in cocanut) and I'm not sure what all and crab cakes galore.

OH - before, during and after the parade, the shops on the strand were all set up serving hurricanes, hand grenades and every shot imaginable.

!@#$%! 02.09.2015 10:09 AM

^^ damn! i am the color of those cups with envy ha ha ha

schizophrenicroom 02.09.2015 01:28 PM

shit, does that look fun

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.09.2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
shit, does that look fun

We can make it more fun by making a bong out of those cups

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.09.2015 02:53 PM

Also im Orthodox so good bye mardi gras and hello Lent

EVOLghost 02.09.2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

man, that can't be your cake as i know for a fact your name is joaquín but... is that a game controller there?

i had this fleeting vision that some day you'll be some sort of arcade tycoon.

Hell yeah! it's a joystick! My girlfriend got some mad skills!

And weed is definitely something to have a little extra for the girlfriends yo. Mine doesn't really smoke...but when her period comes around or her crippling migraines...I HAVE to bust that shit out....or end she has to take like 2 norcos(hydrocodones) and yeah...that seems like too much and too strong of shit to be taken frequently.

Genteel Death 02.09.2015 06:25 PM

dead_battery 02.09.2015 06:52 PM

i worked 11 hours today. chain gangin it

Nefeli 02.09.2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

lololololololololoooooool
dont wanna know whose a is.

schizophrenicroom 02.09.2015 07:15 PM

that's vaguely disturbing

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.09.2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost

And weed is definitely something to have a little extra for the girlfriends yo. Mine doesn't really smoke...but when her period comes around or her crippling migraines...I HAVE to bust that shit out....or end she has to take like 2 norcos(hydrocodones) and yeah...that seems like too much and too strong of shit to be taken frequently.

True, almost every women I've ever known who smokes all agree, herbs is the best treatment. Indeed, the oldest recorded prescription for cannabis as medicine are Chinese recommendations for menstrual cramps and pains around 5000 years ago!

schizophrenicroom 02.09.2015 09:25 PM

Iwasnt a mummy found with evidence she smoked herb to treat cancer?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.09.2015 10:32 PM

How can that even be demonstrated exactly?? Sorry, im a history nerd

schizophrenicroom 02.09.2015 10:59 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...iAzmUXRiQ ysQ

schizophrenicroom 02.09.2015 10:59 PM

i guess they actually found the cannabis near her body.

!@#$%! 02.10.2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost

ugh... hydrocodones are shit... girlfriend sounds awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
lololololololololoooooool
dont wanna know whose a is.

the two of you as well ha ha ha

thank you for keeping this board NSFW

(and for nefeli: it's 4-a)

schizophrenicroom 02.10.2015 05:52 PM

so I volunteer at a feminist bookstore, and this chick and I are just hanging out and doing opening shit, and this guy comes in to browse which is cool but his pants were unzipped and his junk is sticking out. and he just walked around like that. we didn't notice til he got really close to us and just acted normal. we told him zip up or we will get authorities and he just walked out. what's fucking wrong with people?

!@#$%! 02.10.2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

so I volunteer at a feminist bookstore, and this chick and I are just hanging out and doing opening shit, and this guy comes in to browse which is cool but his pants were unzipped and his junk is sticking out. and he just walked around like that. we didn't notice til he got really close to us and just acted normal. we told him zip up or we will get authorities and he just walked out. what's fucking wrong with people?

no wai! you have to have lifted this from portlandia somehow

but seriously, sorry if there was trauma involved

next time:

--

ps- mace also works-- it burns all!

appropriately sold here:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=13356777

Nefeli 02.10.2015 06:15 PM

this week is supposed to be my kind of week.
today i woke up at 7
falsely but either way have been waking up early past months
but this was awesome
went gym - applause please
painted - hmmm not so much
BUT then took a nap and had again dreams about my friend
and that fucked me up --- like i need an excuse!
then painted some more ok.
then went to friends gathering etc.
TOMORROW ALL DAY ON MY OWN

EVOLghost 02.10.2015 06:16 PM

^ hahahhahahahah appropriatley sold..haha...

my girlfriend is posting some really sweet things on FB and I'm just all like...BABYMETAL IN USA!! WOO and IKUE MORI!!

schizophrenicroom 02.10.2015 06:30 PM

applause for the gym

schizophrenicroom 02.10.2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

no wai! you have to have lifted this from portlandia somehow

but seriously, sorry if there was trauma involved

next time:

--

ps- mace also works-- it burns all!

appropriately sold here:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=13356777

nope, we are the only feminist bookstore in Florida! I feel like the dude maybe had issues of some sort

!@#$%! 02.10.2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

nope, we are the only feminist bookstore in Florida! I feel like the dude maybe had issues of some sort

maybe that is his warped interpretation of "no duty to retreat"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.10.2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
today i woke up at 7
falsely but either way have been waking up early past months

I love you nefeli and i always have enjoyed your company here on SYG but 7am is not early.. call me when your alarm is ringing at 4:30 or 5am yo! Like Uncle Lou Reed said, "well then theres folks like me we gotta get up and work.."

Keep painting by the way, never give up art for anything. I envy your freedom. Haven't been able to seriously focus on creating new music for basically several years now.. to damned busy :( indeed ive become "that guy" you know.. the "Al Bundy Four Touchdowns in One Game" burnt out loser former musician who just lost touch with the passion to create music because life can be overwhelming and art is a full time gig (unless you have a full time gig smwhich means you will gradually no longer be an artist..)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.10.2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

I don't normally condone calling the cops except for on perverts and paedophiles.. y'all shouldn't have warned him, should have just called the 5-oh let one evil brute take care of the other, its called natural selection

schizophrenicroom 02.10.2015 09:16 PM

yeah, I regret now. it was just... sticking out. next time he's around and same shit I'll just call the cops.

Kentucky bball is fucking nuts. I almost thought LSU had them

schizophrenicroom 02.10.2015 09:18 PM

hey nefeli, keep painting. thats wicked rad you maintain a creative habit. whats your style like?

!@#$%! 02.11.2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

yeah, I regret now. it was just... sticking out. next time he's around and same shit I'll just call the cops.

i agree calling the cops is the best response, but you DO carry mace, don't you? it's 100% legal in your state.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.11.2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

i agree calling the cops is the best response, but you DO carry mace, don't you? it's 100% legal in your state.

I wasn't concerned with their safety as much as that the asshole gets punished.