Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

afterthefact 10.21.2008 12:26 PM

It's both funny and creepy, I loved it.

DeadDiscoDildo 10.21.2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
I've got a shitty quality stream of Max Payne playing in the background.

Already know the movie sucks.

Well I mean Mark Walberg as max payne should have sealed the deal already.

Guy Pierce or Michael Madsen (forget spelling) should have been Max Payne, or an unknown. Jesus christ I don't hate Mark Walberg but I hate him for this character.

oh and ludacris is in it....

tw2113 10.21.2008 01:39 PM

Boarding Gate last night, currently National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

gmku 10.21.2008 02:51 PM

Who's watching Dexter this season? What about Californication?

The latter is a disappointment for me. Not nearly as interesting as the first season. It seems very cartoonish to me this time.

Dexter, on the other hand, is amazing as ever.

I'm eagerly anticipating the return of Burn Notice.

No, these are not movies. But dammit, sometimes TV is as good as movies.

LifeDistortion 10.21.2008 03:58 PM

Sometimes television is better the movies. I loved "The X-Files" but just can't get into "Californiaction." I seem to have a difficult time getting into many comedy shows for some reason. The exception being "Pushing Daisies". I love a good drama. "Dexter" is definately a good show. I also like "True Blood", but the series I'm most anticipating is the new season of "Brotherhood".

Rob Instigator 10.21.2008 03:59 PM

I am watching NOVA tonite.

Danny Himself 10.21.2008 04:03 PM

how depressing.

!@#$%! 10.21.2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
sweet, I have little otik on netflix, was wondering about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
It's both funny and creepy, I loved it.

it's ok, but not that great, due to an abuse of closeups.

Kloriel 10.21.2008 04:39 PM

i just saw days of thunder for the first time
i was kind of surprised with all the race cars

noisereductions 10.22.2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

oh and ludacris is in it....

Luda was really good in HUSTLE & FLOW (great film). I STILL havent seen CRASH (the new one, not the Cronenberg-- that I've seen).

_slavo_ 10.22.2008 07:39 AM

al shabbray 10.22.2008 07:57 AM

I think I will see balde runner today again, btw anybody ve seen the final cut yet? major differences?

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 08:26 AM

last life in the universe - 7/10

bookshelf on top of the sky - I don't rate documentaries. Let me just say that the Zorn footage is cool, but the documentary itself is TERRIBLE.

mil_pl 10.22.2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
I think I will see balde runner today again, btw anybody ve seen the final cut yet? major differences?

I've got this one on DVD, and no major diffrences. but the quality of audio and video is awesome, (if you've seen the other one DVD, with it) maybe it's more brutal then other versions though.

al shabbray 10.22.2008 09:12 AM

Ive bumped the DVD thread. I still watching the vhs I recorded ages ago from tv, so I have no clue which ollectors blablabla edition I should buy, since my tape start to destroy itself, like a 5 year old skinjob

afterthefact 10.22.2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's ok, but not that great, due to an abuse of closeups.

Little Otik? That's funny, because that was the thing I didn't like about Alice :)

It bugged me everytime they got the close up of the girl's mouth saying "said the rabbit."

!@#$%! 10.22.2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
Little Otik? That's funny, because that was the thing I didn't like about Alice :)

It bugged me everytime they got the close up of the girl's mouth saying "said the rabbit."

too many closeups. it's headache-inducing. especially if on top of it you have to read fucking subtitles. i mean it's not a BAD movie, it's just very flawed in this regard, for me, it took me "out" of the movie world into the "im watching a movie and i'm getting a headache" land. no i didnt get a headache. but almost.

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 10:52 AM

the strangers - 4/10

Well.. at least they tried to do something different.. or rather, something that is different than all the saw/hostel/etc bullshit being released nowadays... love the atmosphere and the subtlety of the whole thing, but the film itself is awful and nothing different than I haven't seen before.

infernal affairs - 9/10

Decided to rewatch this today. About a thousand times better than the Departed.

noisereductions 10.22.2008 11:34 AM

Adam, you dont work do you?

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 11:38 AM

Uh yeah, I work 3 days a week... actually, often 4 or 5 if they need me. I watch a movie before I go to bed and a movie when I get off work. And on my days off, I'll watch a couple more. It really doesn't take very long to watch a movie. And I watch movies with my friends and my girlfriend LOVES movies and that's all we do.

Rob Instigator 10.22.2008 11:40 AM

when do you have time to listen to music?

al shabbray 10.22.2008 11:40 AM

you need less time for a movie to watch then the average person?
I thought they were time-dimensional fixed these film-thingies hrhrhr

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 11:46 AM

I listen to music when I sleep, when I'm at the computer, when I'm driving, when I'm reading, when I'm relaxing, when I'm playing video games, when I'm at work, etc....

Also, sometimes I'll have a movie on when I'm on here, but I always pay attention to them and watch the whole thing. I'm a multitasking master. My friend doesn't see how I do it -- if you fart during a movie, he'll lose track of what's going on. "I'M KUNFWUSED NOOWOOW"

Anyway, movies are my favorite thing in the whole world. I'd take them over music any day. I watched sympathy for mr. vengeance twice in the same day the other day... it was so fucking good. I wasn't bored for even a second. One time, I watched tetsuo: the iron man 4 tmes in one week. I just love films. Fuck. I'm searching on watch-movies.net for something to watch right now.

noisereductions 10.22.2008 11:59 AM

What do you think of WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S 2?

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 12:01 PM

It's fucking hilarious.

Definitely an art house classic!

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 12:05 PM

I just queued both of those on netflix since I haven't seen them in ages.

Can't wait for part 3.. weekend at bernie mac's.

Derek 10.22.2008 12:13 PM

I never have any time to watch movies... though I would like to. Plus I have no money.

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 12:14 PM

Well, watch-movies.net and all the out of print horror movies on youtube and netflix instant watch make things easy and affordable. Also, 8 films at a time from netflix is great too and cheap.

al shabbray 10.22.2008 12:25 PM

anybod seen dark city? enjoyable?

Rob Instigator 10.22.2008 12:29 PM

i really like dar city a whole lot. I like movies that create a world apart from our own.
the new dark city DVD is supposed to be sweet.

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 12:29 PM

Yeah, I have it, it's a little better than average. A bit up its own ass and doesn't really end in a satisfying way, but the set designs and the look of the film are beautiful and striking. Definitely worth a watch. Very good atmosphere. Nothing mindblowing, but there are some striking images, good music, and good acting.

al shabbray 10.22.2008 12:32 PM

ah very cool. I havent expected a masterpiece through and through, but I am definately an atmosphere loving guy, so I will definately enjoy it I think. borrowed it together with BR after I skiped it the last 100 times I saw it standing there

Kegmama 10.22.2008 12:51 PM

The Strangers

I want the girls' masks. Creepy.

noisereductions 10.22.2008 02:25 PM

^ planning to see it soon. Looks actually scary.

viewtiful_alan 10.22.2008 04:18 PM

The Warriors
6.5/10
I didnt like it anywhere near as much as I remember liking it when I was a stoned eighth grader.

davenotdead 10.22.2008 04:23 PM

pretty good, not great. but good for some LOL moments

6.5/10

viewtiful_alan 10.22.2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead

pretty good, not great. but good for some LOL moments

6.5/10

I'm gonna be honest, I fucking loved that movie.
Plus it had some nice jokes for music fans. Sure it was about as simplistic as it gets, but damn it was funny.

davenotdead 10.22.2008 04:47 PM

haha, i don't blame you... there are a couple stretches that really bogged it down for me. otherwise it would have been an 8. a little bit in the beginning, and then some of the end. that one stretch of the first 40 minutes with john c reilly is really gold though. and the end once he gets to know his children/grandchildren

LittlePuppetBoy 10.22.2008 04:49 PM

Apocalypse Now.

Great movie

atsonicpark 10.22.2008 07:42 PM

Shoot 'Em Up - probably a 6/10

Entertaining... didn't realize the film was basically a comedy. But uh I think I'd just rather watch Hard Boiled if I want ridiculous over the top action movies.. (that are great)