Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which person do you reckon is the best you've spotted dancing in a public place? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12456)

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 08:02 AM

Which person do you reckon is the best you've spotted dancing in a public place?

A teenage girl going mental to a free piano concert where i work. She was doing this electro shock dance to the calmest of piano pieces. Her mum was visibly embarassed because everyone kept looking at her and smiling.Priceless.

demonrail666 04.21.2007 08:16 AM

I always love to watch elderly couples dancing together in Spain. They're great dancers and really unselfconscious about it.

Glice 04.21.2007 08:38 AM

The guys on acid at Haino. Not so much a dance as some convulsing and confused people.

I like how kids dance up until they're about 6. Oh, there was a girl of about 15 dancing on a wall on my way to work the other day, I liked her.

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 08:41 AM

I love the crowds at metal gigs. Some spectacular moshing at The Underworld on a good night.

Glice 04.21.2007 08:44 AM

You've just reminded me of this time I saw Napalm Death a few years ago. There was some kids 'headbanging' to the support band, and I think one of them was a bit 'special'. He was brilliant, although I felt a bit wrong for laughing.

Pookie 04.21.2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I love the crowds at metal gigs. Some spectacular moshing at The Underworld on a good night.

I use to go to a pub that had local metal bands playing regularly. There was one bloke who was always there, and used to play air bass. If he got a note wrong, he'd stop and correct himself.

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 08:51 AM

They are a rubbish band, but The Libertines had some of the best crowds i've ever seen going completly berserk. One particular mention to this gig they played at The Hope And Anchor: The place is so tiny and it was a bunch of kids tearing the place apart. Real good fun.

Washing Machine 04.21.2007 09:22 AM

the indie kids moshing at wolf eyes the other night...lol

btw that included me after a few pints

pantophobia 04.21.2007 09:26 AM

the moshpit at the slayer show was the most organized thing i have seen before, a perpetual motion centrifuge

and i can't think of anything off my head in an odd place, but as for an odd dance, i saw a guy do the 'running man' during a rogers sisters set

Iain 04.21.2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I like how kids dance up until they're about 6. Oh, there was a girl of about 15 dancing on a wall on my way to work the other day, I liked her.

PAEDO!

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 09:30 AM

A racist paedophile to match. I bet he thinks all black children are born with the dancing gene, because that's all they'll do when they'll grow up. There's no stopping him.

Washing Machine 04.21.2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

A racist paedophile to match. I bet he thinks all black children are born with the dancing gene, because that's all they'll do when they'll grow up. There's no stopping him.

Its true they are! At least thats whats taught at my school...

MellySingsDoom 04.21.2007 09:46 AM

I saw this couple once at a club in Soho years ago doing a type of Northern Soul dance-off thing. they were fanstastic. The best thing though was seeing Ethiopian dancing at a The Ex/Getachew Mekuriya gig in Paris last year - simply astonishing.

demonrail666 04.21.2007 09:51 AM

Me + vodka + dancefloor + sk8er boi = intricate footwork heaven

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 09:59 AM

In July we have this festival outside work called 'Watch This Space', and the most bonkers of dancers come out en masse. My favourite last year was this middle aged woman who was dancing like she was on acid ( it could have been the case, judging by her behaviour) to an african band. There's also this guy, probably in his late sixties, who wears a tutu and jumps, that's all he does, he jumps. Also a group of older guys from South London, who all dress like Elvis or The Bee Gees and throw retro poses in the crowd.

jico. 04.21.2007 10:14 AM

a drunk, blind, homeless men singing and dancing with his dog. amazing.

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 10:19 AM

Wait! I forgot to mention this spanish girl on a wheelchair doing the freakiest dance with it in a russian bar, complete with a crowd of russian guys around her. Amazing. All her friends were some of the most surreal people i've ever happened to chat to in a bar, and they had this kind of art collective thing going on. They all looked like they jumped out of a film set.

!@#$%! 04.21.2007 10:24 AM

this is not the best but the worst: a woman at a party who would do the freakiest jumping motions to the music, and traversed the dance floor as if she was riding a stick pony, regardless of the music

cryptowonderdruginvogue 04.21.2007 12:06 PM

we paid a homeless guy 20 bucks to dance in his undies once outside a bar, it was hilarious.

Isoflurane 04.22.2007 09:38 AM

Man, My fucking brother.
I had no idea that kid could move like he does.
He's got feet, and he crip walks everywhere.

Toilet & Bowels 04.22.2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
we paid a homeless guy 20 bucks to dance in his undies once outside a bar, it was hilarious.

if you are being serious then you should be ashamed of yourself.

sarramkrop 04.22.2007 09:48 AM

That's what i thought when i read that, even though i'm never sure if i should take crypto seriously or not.

Toilet & Bowels 04.22.2007 09:49 AM

there was this rude girl on the bus dancing while listening to her ipod yesterday, she was pretty good. she was obviously was doing it so that people would look at her but she had the moves to back it up.

Toilet & Bowels 04.22.2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

That's what i thought when i read that, even though i'm never sure if i should take crypto seriously or not.

i'm not prone to violence but i would smack someone in the head with a brick for paying a homeless person to dance for them, especially if they were as privileged as crypto is.

sarramkrop 04.22.2007 09:58 AM

It's a little too disturbing to think that someone would do something like that, even scary. It crosses the boundaries of what is acceptable for someone to do by the power of 100.

SynthethicalY 04.22.2007 10:00 AM

I saw this girl dance in a Quinceñera dancing very god to spanish rock. And fifties rockability. She was around my age.

sarramkrop 04.22.2007 10:23 AM

That Cobain thread reminded me how good this Nirvana video is. The guy(or girl) going mental with longish hair is really cool, as well as Cobain's own stage antics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUHNf0S5cA

pantophobia 04.22.2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

That Cobain thread remembered me how good this Nirvana video is. The guy(or girl) going mental with longish hair is really cool, as well as Cobain's own stage antics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUHNf0S5cA

if you are talking about the gogo dancing girl, that's Nikki McClure
http://www.nikkimcclure.com/
she does alot of cool art pieces now, very cool paper cut designs

i believe she was a room mate of his at a time when he lived in Olympia

when he does dance, it's quite a sight...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0onvk_lrs

at the 5:27 mark you only see him for a sec, but he dances like a spaz-tard in the purest form

LDopa 04.22.2007 10:46 AM

The 'pit' started at a local school dance during Green Day's Holiday.

JOCKS GALORE!!

sarramkrop 04.22.2007 10:47 AM

Thanks a trillion, you're a star! I didn't know that at all.

Edit - pantophobia.

Alex's Trip 04.22.2007 11:13 AM

At Relay for Life, during Karaoke, the song Beat It came on and these two guys had a dance battle on stage similar to the one in Zoolander.

sarramkrop 04.22.2007 11:29 AM

There was this guy on the dancefloor busy in invisible pugilistic activity and he was awesome.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.02.2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isoflurane
He's got feet, and he crip walks everywhere.

him too? shit it takes me an extra 15 minutes to get anywhere by foot if I have my iPod shuffles up some west coast selection, I even c-walk it to roots reggae and dub style!

in line with this thread, I ran into some youth crip walking in front of the super market a few months back, those motherfuckers were bad! I had never seen shit like that before, they were filming with a digi cam.. it was more impressive than any of that fake shit you see on youtube, the streets of LA produce the FINEST crip walking period, it just doesn't make it to the internet, its too authentic for that shit ;)

Keeping It Simple 11.02.2009 03:19 PM

This thread reminds me of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaZCZnmdmbA

Rob Instigator 11.02.2009 03:36 PM

I use to work the beer booths at a downtown Houston event called Party On The Plaza back when I was in university. it was sponsored by the classic rock station so they always had retro acts doin the county fair circuit, you know, steppenwolf with just two original members, starship, joan jett, the fabulous thunderbirds, Joe" King" Carrasco

the best dancers I ahve ever seen were the homeless guys who would hang out as we set 4everything up on Thuirsday afternoons, and they would go by the big speakers and just get theirfucking groove ON to whatever classic rock/blues ditty was on the speakers at the moment. It was amazing.

completely carefree, oblivious dancing. It always made me feel good to see the homeless get a bit of a fun break in their probably dreary day to day musicless lives,
I always hooked them up with a 16 oz cup full to the brim.

I mean this shit was better than soul train in 1970

HaydenAsche 11.02.2009 03:53 PM

My friend dressed up as Tyrone Biggums dancing in the middle of this huge parking lot just like the crackhead dance on Dave Chapelle. Funniest shit I ever seen. I was so fucked up on Halloween and I literally couldn't stop laughing because he was all by himself on the phone in the middle of the parking lot dancing when we pulled up to the party.

Pax Americana 11.02.2009 04:23 PM

I went to this outdoor festival thing last year with all these local bands playing. At one point this snyth-pop band took the stage and started playing these catchy, very dancy tunes. Anyway, this little kid (he was probably like 5 or 6) just started busting all these sick moves. He was doing the robot and stuff, and really tearing it up. He was so good, the crowd actually turned around and formed a circle around this kid and started cheering him on. It was just this awesome concert moment, where the music was blasting, and this kid was just totally into it, and the whole crowd was loving it. Good time.

Rob Instigator 11.02.2009 04:34 PM

gotta love live music

EVOLghost 11.02.2009 04:39 PM

Some dood with a weird haircut at deadmaus. Electronic music at lolla. Dood was just spazzin out. God I loved it there. Ht chicks dancing all hot nstuff. But you had yer fair share of people who can't move for shit.