Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   your least favorite songs. ever. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4744)

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 05:25 PM

your least favorite songs. ever.

polly - nirvana

Hip Priest 08.01.2006 05:27 PM

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. I'm sure there are worse songs (like other songs from a Katrina and the Waves LP if such a thing exists, God have mercy), but this one is extra-hated because aswell as being utterly despicable in it's corporate-cheesy commercial false-cheeriness, it was played to absolute decaying death at the time. And still gets played sometimes, by some people.

jon boy 08.01.2006 05:29 PM

the entire output of the black eyed peas especially where is the love.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 05:29 PM

dont remind me

Richard Pryor on Fire 08.01.2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. I'm sure there are worse songs (like other songs from a Katrina and the Waves LP if such a thing exists, God have mercy), but this one is extra-hated because aswell as being utterly despicable in it's corporate-cheesy commercial false-cheeriness, it was played to absolute decaying death at the time. And still gets played sometimes, by some people.

I like that song, brings a smile to my face.

The song that annoys me the most right now that gets radio play, is that Panic at the disco stuff.

Hip Priest 08.01.2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
I like that song, brings a smile to my face.

The song that annoys me the most right now that gets radio play, is that Panic at the disco stuff.

Fair enough. Personally, I like to think that in that old picture you had of yourself, you were using that gun to stalk Katrina and the Waves.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 05:32 PM

I believe the correct answer is "Round And Round" by Ratt. I actually don't know if it's my least favorite song, but I've been saying so for years, and plan on doing so for years to come.

I also find pretty much every song on "Rather Ripped" to be extremely offensive.

And that Weezer song, "Beverly Hills." I mean, Christ, that is one shitty song.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 05:33 PM

i hate everything weezer has ever done.

samuel 08.01.2006 05:33 PM

Who Says You Can't Go Home (?) - Bon Jovi

It comes on all the time at my work and
I get tempted to run my head through one of the meat slicers.

drrrtyboots 08.01.2006 05:34 PM

That song...the one where the guy says "cause you had a bad day, blah blah blah blah".

samuel 08.01.2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
That song...the one where the guy says "cause you had a bad day, blah blah blah blah".

Yeah, that too.
And the "You're beautifuuuuulllllll, it's trueeeeeeee."
Ew.

drrrtyboots 08.01.2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
Yeah, that too.
And the "You're beautifuuuuulllllll, it's trueeeeeeee."
Ew.

Oh god. I hear that one like 3 times a day at work.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 05:38 PM

how about that "you're beautiful" song? did chris martin get throat gonorreah and did notice? EDIT: sharing the hate, i see.

not as bad but i'm sick of wolfmother, at first i liked them alright, the sound is there but they know shit about arrangements. if i hear the dude say "woman!" again, i'll stab my eardrums with a q tip.

and round and round is one of the best songs ever written. period.

Glice 08.01.2006 05:48 PM

Imagine by John Lennon wins. I did double check to make sure it wasn't vertigo by u2, but it turns out it's still Imagine.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i hate everything weezer has ever done.

I'm not too fond of them either, but that song was really pushing it. Like really, I get it, this band is not that good. I didn't need any more proof of that.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
and round and round is one of the best songs ever written. period.

I want to fight you. How about tomorrow afternoon? Out on the streets, that's where we'll meet.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 06:12 PM

the blue album and pinkerton are some of the two best and most profound power pop albums of the nineties.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:21 PM

god no. veruca salt kicked their asses, namely because they can actually play.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

god no. veruca salt kicked their asses, namely because they can actually play.

sure.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:27 PM

Weezer is what happens when rock & roll is desexualized. It's like, look at me with my glasses and my sweater, aren't I cute? Only Harry Potter can get away with that sort of crap.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:27 PM

thats the worst thing about weezer is that they couldn't play their fucking guitars.

Toilet & Bowels 08.01.2006 06:27 PM

the triumvirate of worst songs:

the eagles - hotel california
queen - bohemian rhapsody
don mclean - american pie

touch me i'm sick 08.01.2006 06:27 PM

i think just about anything that's emo/screamo. that whiny voice just .
. ughhh drives me insane

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
the triumvirate of worst songs:

queen - bohemian rhapsody
don mclean - american pie

damn straight.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

The most boring band on the planet.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:31 PM

they had the audactity to reunite on tv

Danny Himself 08.01.2006 06:33 PM

I hate all this euro-dance shit. It sounds like R2D2.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

thats the worst thing about weezer is that they couldn't play their fucking guitars.

notes are overrated. just listen to smegma, pharaoh sanders, teenage jesus and the jerks and arab on radar for proof.

and bohemian rhapsody bad? what are you, george w bush?

Danny Himself 08.01.2006 06:35 PM

Ohhh yeah, and that 'American Idiot' song. What the fuck was that?

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:36 PM

Bad.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

notes are overrated. just listen to smegma, pharaoh sanders, teenage jesus and the jerks and arab on radar for proof.

and bohemian rhapsody bad? what are you, george w bush?

is it okay that i JUST DON'T LIKE WEEZER? BECAUSE THEY SUCK ASS AT WHAT THEY DO.
please leave teenage jesus out of this, you bring shame to their name.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 06:41 PM

you said veruca salt are better than weezer because they know how to play their instruments. i stated that not knowing to play or not wanting to play notes is not an obstacle to make great music and put some examples of artists who do so. you can like and not like whatever you want, i was just giving some reasoning.

if you don't like discussing music and points of view, please just stick to infantile "funny" sloganeering.

i did go too far at calling people not liking bohemian rhapsody as george w bush, i went too far. you can not like that song, i do like it though.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

you said veruca salt are better than weezer because they know how to play their instruments. i stated that not knowing to play or not wanting to play notes is not an obstacle to make great music and put some examples of artists who do so. you can like and not like whatever you want, i was just giving some reasoning.

if you don't like discussing music and points of view, please just stick to infantile "funny" sloganeering.

i did go too far at calling people not liking bohemian rhapsody as george w bush, i went too far. you can not like that song, i do like it though.

I don't like Weezer. I think for the style of music they did, which is undeniably similar to Veruca Salt, you need to be able to play your goddamn instruments. My opinion. You can't say jack shit about it, either, so go crank up the green album.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 06:47 PM

you can have the green album with all your seethers.
i still don't understand why are you so mad.
someone likes weezer, get over it!

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:52 PM

I show no signs of being angry. exasperated does not equal angry.

LittlePuppetBoy 08.01.2006 07:21 PM

I agree that Beverly Hills is a shitty song

however the worst song ever is Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne, it is THE most annoying and grating song ever

another contender would have to be The Animal I have Become by Three Days Grace, just another one of those "I'm trapped in a world of pain" songs tailor made to attract idiot teenagers

!@#$%! 08.01.2006 08:00 PM

there is no end to the depths of ugliness. country music i find truly irritating, grates me to the point of rage. i could not name any of such shit though. sorry.

k-krack 08.01.2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
I agree that Beverly Hills is a shitty song

however the worst song ever is Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne, it is THE most annoying and grating song ever

another contender would have to be The Animal I have Become by Three Days Grace, just another one of those "I'm trapped in a world of pain" songs tailor made to attract idiot teenagers

i dont think so! i think hes genuinely a depressive person! he seems to have a pretty shitty life...

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 08.01.2006 08:09 PM

Tell me, is my least favorite song one of my favorite songs that I like the least?

nomadicfollower 08.01.2006 08:34 PM

Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird. (this is made much much worse considering I live in Alabama)
I agree that the entire Black Eyed Peas catalogue can waste.
There's really to many to name.

Generally, anything overplayed is going to become a loser quick.