Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   You Libs will lose your race war (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=123547)

tesla69 11.19.2020 10:37 AM

You Libs will lose your race war

You think civil war is cute while you jerk off on your cell phones.

You're going to lose, and lose badly.

h8kurdt 11.19.2020 10:41 AM

Savage Clone 11.19.2020 10:42 AM

Quality thread alert

h8kurdt 11.19.2020 10:49 AM

The only way is up after Tesla's sterling start that's for sure.

Antagon 11.19.2020 11:03 AM

Inb4 tesla's second ban. There's no dogwhistling here. The malicious and bigoted content is right there in the title of the thread. This is sad.

!@#$%! 11.19.2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
You think civil war is cute while you jerk off on your cell phones.

wait, weren’t you the one getting all wet in another thread, spouting about kamala’s past sex life? i was glad to see that shit ignored but you have serious problems.

MisterTrick 11.19.2020 12:32 PM

so did this board just slowly lose it's mind after SY broke up? Did it drive some into the depths of insanity to become Trump apologists?

Antagon 11.19.2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterTrick
so did this board just slowly lose it's mind after SY broke up? Did it drive some into the depths of insanity to become Trump apologists?

Hi, pantophobia. We have not interacted much before, but I much appreciate your appearance and piece of mind.

Tbh, it boggles the mind. I think it might be a phenomenon that is especially concentrated in this board. I also check a SY fan-page on Facebook quite frequently and haven't witnessed any overt Maga-folks yet.

Granted, Facebook groups don't allow people to open specialized threads and everything is pretty much band-related in a singular newsfeed. But come on, like that would ever stop those who shout the loudest from crowbarring their unrelated talking points into a post. It's Facebook, for crying out loud. I haven't really witnessed it there (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but it's not noticeable). But it's getting more prevalent here.

Maybe it's because the forum style is outmoded (not a judgment, just a factual statement) and there isn't as much activity anymore that the trumpists are more emboldened to come out of the shadows? I don't know. It's a mystery.

Edit: I just realized, there's also a page called Sonic Youth Fans Against Fascism, which was created in October 2019. I wonder if it might've been a reaction to some phenomena certain fans have noticed.

Antagon 11.19.2020 01:11 PM

^ 5 minutes into my joining of the latter page and I see an obvious trumpist/possibly qanonist posting ad nauseam. Most of the posters are in tune with the title of the page though. But apparently, other fan platforms get that too, though not quite in the same numbers.

Small excursion into the overall mood evident in browsing the page:

There's an odd familiarity to this. Only they have that guy, here, it's those guys.

choc e-Claire 11.19.2020 02:10 PM

who's calling me a lib? :D

tw2113 11.20.2020 01:32 AM

https://babylonbee.com/news/new-ar-1...-libs-are-near

Rob Instigator 11.20.2020 09:57 AM

"Libs" = POC, women, Latinos, brown asians, and anyone that white males think of as a threat, you know, cuz of their tiny peckers....

EVOLghost 11.20.2020 02:25 PM

lolwut?

!@#$%! 11.20.2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
lolwut?

i hate to quote bad pink floyd songs but “the worms ate into his brain”

also has peepee problems

Genteel Death 11.20.2020 03:33 PM

#occupythreads

Severian 11.21.2020 10:21 AM

This board needs a modified way to alert mods and admins of sick horseshit like this. Someone make me an admin, I’ll remove the trash with glee.