Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Akitsa - Goetie (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31207)

sarramkrop 05.10.2009 09:42 AM

Akitsa - Goetie

Anyone likes this record? If you don't, you bloody well should 'cause it's one of the best records I've ever heard.

chairman of the bored 05.10.2009 11:56 AM

I love love this record. The sudden noise outros, awesomely simple, primal riffs and brutal vox make this album sudden awesomely simple primal and brutal. La Grande Infamie is good too, but I think it's only one of the dudes from Goetie.

sarramkrop 05.10.2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
I love love this record. The sudden noise outros, awesomely simple, primal riffs and brutal vox make this album sudden awesomely simple primal and brutal. La Grande Infamie is good too, but I think it's only one of the dudes from Goetie. Anyways. Repped.

Yeah man, those noise outros on some of the songs are something else. I love it how this record sounds desperate.

batreleaser 05.10.2009 12:26 PM

ive been saying it, hospital has become one of the best record labels around. "Affront Final" is an awesome track, almost has hooks going on.

fugazifan 05.11.2009 04:16 PM

i think i almost bought this once
but got KTL instead
its really good though

batreleaser 05.11.2009 04:29 PM

i cant motherfucking stand Peter Rehberg and his boring as shit labtop glitch-noise. Not even Stephen O'Malley's riffs can redeem that sort of thing for me. Fuck MEGO.

fugazifan 05.11.2009 04:39 PM

for some reason i never listened to KTL that much. but the album is great.

jimbrim 05.12.2009 04:53 AM

Sounds good, I'll check it out soon.

sarramkrop 06.16.2009 03:35 PM

This band rules on so many levels. They sound (on some of their songs) at once like Jesus and Mary Chain, Iron Maiden, and the least technically obsessed black metal bands playing at once. With a a great penchant for melody and a lack of lyrical skills, more than made up by effective screaming.

chairman of the bored 06.19.2009 11:19 PM

I just saw them live! It was thier first appearance in America as far as I know and it was pretty damn good. Played a few tunes from Goetie.What a bunch of clean cut dudes! They definitely had the shortest hair in the place. The vocalist was incredible, and possibly surpassed his intensity on the records.

The only thing that took away from their set was the fact that they played right after Bone Awl. Bowe Awl is the fiercest, most raw band I can think of right now and they fucking obliterated. If you like Akitsa, seek out some Bone Awl.

Oh yeah, thurston was there. Bought shit and left. What a merch hoarder.

sarramkrop 06.20.2009 09:33 AM

Thanks, you're the second person who told me that I should check out Bone Awl. I will for sure.

chairman of the bored 06.20.2009 11:36 AM

'meaningless leaning mess' is the one to go for

sarramkrop 06.20.2009 01:30 PM

cheers.