Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Summer trip recommendations? (U.S. only) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2354)

!@#$%! 05.30.2006 12:56 PM

ah, pax americana, that sounds awesome. i should inquire more about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Come to Alabama. There's a spongebob blow-up doll on top of burger king, pushing 20ft, just begging to be destroyed.

ha hah, now THAT i can do in a weekend. you got any explosives? :D

nomadicfollower 05.30.2006 12:57 PM

Explosives?
I plan on taken a shotgun to it's head.

!@#$%! 05.30.2006 12:58 PM

we need a big one. i guess getting one must not be difficult in alabama. ha ha ha. what after-- drink moonshine? :D

oh i gotta go. work calls.

krastian 05.30.2006 02:43 PM

SF, Seattle, and Portland all seem cool as hell. I've never been any farther west than Cleveland......fucked up in Cleveland.

!@#$%! 05.30.2006 05:49 PM

hm... sf/ seattle/ portland...

i say yes!

GIMME SOME INFORMATION PEOPLE. any of you live there, or do you live in lame places & are hence forced to spend a lot of time on the internet? :p

acousticrock87 05.30.2006 06:04 PM

I was asleep when we drove through San Francisco. Sorry, man.

wearescientists 05.30.2006 09:37 PM

sf is really fun...its a toss up for me though between sf and nyc

hematoma6 05.31.2006 04:45 AM

all of the cities mentioned previously are nice....too nice for an expedition of this sort really. if you want to lock into a strangely dirty city to marvel at odd local customs and start the great american novel, anchoragealaska is the perfect choice

youthoftomorrow 05.31.2006 05:02 AM

if you're gonna be in the Northwest, you might want to take a look around Spokane. "might" is the key word here. it's a fairly nice city; some cool stores, nice downtown, big river right through the middle. maybe on the way back or something.

AVOID IDAHO. IT'S BORING IF YOU DON'T LIKE NATURE.

!@#$%! 05.31.2006 12:26 PM

hah hah thanks for your help and recommendations people!!

kegmama it would be fun to meet again-- you gotta get me high this time :D

i spoke w/ a friend from seattle last night & so i think i'm going to make that my base-- maybe fly out, maybe drive, maybe take a train--

but then... then... the goddamn lineup in the END OF TIMES festival is awesome!!! i think i might start there & then fly out...

im feel like goddamned confucius... :confused:

golden child 06.02.2006 12:29 AM

yeah man come to OREGON!
just avoid salem :) hah

powells is amazing, the art museum is really nice. on the surface portland seems like a glossy hipster paradise but there are soooo many different sides to portland. just about a place for everyone.

eugene is nice to, it has the culture but isnt as big as portland. defiantly go west to the coast. lincoln city, pacific city, cape kawanda is my fav.

and avoid eastern oregon, unless you are feeling home sick

central oregon is very nice, its where all the resorts and such are. sisters is a very small homely town, close to bend which is another great city. you could stay at black butte.

if you end up coming to salem, you could see where one flew over the cukoos nest was filmed, but thats about as exicting as it gets here.

oh and john fahey's grave.

!@#$%! 06.02.2006 05:29 PM

thank you guys, again. ha ha kegmama i did suspect you were blazed with the big sunglasses and what not :D -- yeah i did post that somewhere & also i met her later & gave her my library card (which i had used as guitar pick), ha ha, as an apology or homage, she is a lovely girl-- loves books too so that had a peculiar symbolism.

PINKY PROMISE: i'll just say that when i meet you next time. ha hah!! remember ;)

thurstonito: i think i'll actually go to oregon man! i'll make seattle my base & go from there. likely to go to oregon at least for a few days. i'm thinking of bringing my bicycle along as all this is bike-friendly land-- i think they used to make bikes & biking clothes in eugene... i forget the name somehting with B... but anyway...

damn, thanks guys. things are shaping up nicely on this front.

golden child 06.02.2006 08:43 PM

bike clothes are for queers.

HaydenAsche 06.02.2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Come to St. Paul and got to End Times fest. I won't be there but it will be a good time. I'll probably be in town and all teh boardies going could hang out with me.

I SECOND THIS.

schizophrenicroom 06.02.2006 10:13 PM

Daytona Beach, Florida. You have an eighty percent chance of running into me.