Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I hate it when (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12291)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.16.2007 08:30 PM

I hate it when

I apologize to people. . . but they keep going on about whatever I did. I apologized. . . the conversation should be over.

schizophrenicroom 04.16.2007 08:32 PM

oh, word. i don't let things go very well, but when someone knows i've put something fucking behind me and won't let it go.. i get mad.

afterthefact 04.16.2007 08:42 PM

It's the concept of forgive and FORGET. People will say they forgave you, but they still won't let it go. They won't freakin' FORGET it.

afterthefact 04.16.2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
sometimes they do...ya might not literlly FORGET it, but youll let go and no longer let the event effect ya....if the offending party means enough to ya anyways.

Well of course SOMETIMES they do. I am talking in context of the original post though.

atari 2600 04.16.2007 09:43 PM

I hate it when ... I try to play

The most sadistic user-created Super Mario Bros level ever.

(the link is just a video of the custom rom in action, not a videogame to play...) There are actual bootleg versions of this machine that are pretty cool though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory
you know if you watch this long enough its begins to get funny. The player makes it over the first milestone just to come upon another one. If you look even deeper into this you see the depiction of real life in this

cryptowonderdruginvogue 04.17.2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I apologize to people. . . but they keep going on about whatever I did. I apologized. . . the conversation should be over.

sometimes its not that simple though...

fugazifan 04.17.2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
sometimes its not that simple though...

yeah. you can apologize all you want, but if you dont change then i can undrstand not forgiving. i have a friend, who keeps on beng an asshole and doing shit, then apologizes. its like the apology at the end legitimizes the shit that he does....
but for ou it might be different...

fishmonkey 04.17.2007 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
I hate it when ... I try to play

The most sadistic user-created Super Mario Bros level ever.

(the link is just a video of the custom rom in action, not a videogame to play...) There are actual bootleg versions of this machine that are pretty cool though.

this is someone playing the level while talking about it, i have to say i find it pretty funny.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...03272262158881

jon boy 04.17.2007 05:26 AM

this place is terrible for it. but some people are too stupid and hypocritical to stop.

ALIEN ANAL 04.17.2007 05:38 AM

hey someone was playing some sort of game where u click and trry destroy as many coloured balls as you can..something to do with light bursting or something
can i have the link please

Inhuman 04.17.2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

ah, I know what you mean. It really depends on what you did and if you keep doing it over. May I ask what you did?

One of my old friends kept wasting my time by showing up 2 hours late everytime we'd hang out and switching the location of the jamspace and not telling me (and I'm logging a guitar, mixer, and packsack full of equip around on busses to get there). He kept doing it and saying he was sorry, but I stopped talking to him.

gmku 04.18.2007 03:07 PM

I hate it when...

...the same wrong number caller keeps calling back. "Oh, did I get the wrong number again." Yeah, you're a smart one, aren't you.

It happened at the office today about 3 times in a row. I don't have caller id here, and no callback capacity. So I called the number the guy said he was trying to reach but got no answer. A minute later I get a call, and thinking it's either the number I called or the wrong-number caller again, I decide to go into a smartass routine, and answer in a stern voice: "CIA Headquarters, Muir speaking."

Confused female giggle. "Wh-what? Wh-who?"

"Ma'am, this is a goverment line. Are you placing an official call?"

"N-no. Somebody called here from your number."

"I'd disregard it, ma'am."

"But somebody called..."

"Disregard the call, ma'am."

cryptowonderdruginvogue 04.18.2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Confused female giggle. "Wh-what? Wh-who?"

ROBOT!
i think thats one of the cutest things ever

the ikara cult 04.18.2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey
this is someone playing the level while talking about it, i have to say i find it pretty funny.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...03272262158881

That brought back so many memories. Except for the fact i would have gone FUCK YOU!!! and smashed the controller to bits after about 10 or 11 tries. I admire this guys patience, if not his sanity.

jon boy 04.18.2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
hey someone was playing some sort of game where u click and trry destroy as many coloured balls as you can..something to do with light bursting or something
can i have the link please

http://www.k2xl.com/games/boomshine/

atari 2600 04.18.2007 10:15 PM

I hate it when
I get ignored...

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.18.2007 10:43 PM

But I love you so much Atari 2600! Your my babies daddy!

afterthefact 04.18.2007 10:58 PM

What even is the point of an ignore list? Is anybody here posting stuff so horrible that you can't bare to see it? All it does is makes thread conversations not make sense.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.18.2007 11:07 PM

Sometimes posters seem to try to get on certain other poster's nerves. It is useful for that for a week until they finally shut up because you're ignoring them.

BTW, your sig is awesome. I love Lewis Caroll.

afterthefact 04.18.2007 11:10 PM

Thank you. I was going to say this is spanish, but I couldn't remember how to spell it. But it's ok, because I had no reason really to do that anyways.