Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Should Pete Doherty Go To Jail? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14455)

ThePits 07.03.2007 10:47 AM

Should Pete Doherty Go To Jail?

Doherty escapes drugs jail term

A warrant was issued for Doherty's arrest because he was late

The singer Pete Doherty has escaped jail after a judge decided to defer sentencing him for drugs offences on condition he goes into rehab.
Doherty earlier pleaded guilty to possessing crack cocaine and heroin at West London Magistrates' Court.
He was warned by Judge Davinder Lachhar that he would go into custody if he failed to take up a place he was offered on a detox programme.
Doherty, 28, pleaded guilty to four counts of possessing illegal drugs.
As well as crack cocaine and heroin, he also pleaded guilty to possessing quantities of cannabis and ketamine as well as to two driving offences.
Last chance
Earlier, a warrant was issued for his arrest because he was more than two hours late for his hearing.
But the singer finally arrived and waded through a crowd of photographers into the court house.
At court the judge told him: "If you go to this place to have detox and take advantage of it then we will see what sentence is appropriate when you next come." "But if you do not I can tell you now that you will go into custody."

ALIEN ANAL 07.03.2007 10:51 AM

he looks like a turtle

Rob Instigator 07.03.2007 10:58 AM

i still don;t know who this is.

king_buzzo 07.03.2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
he looks like a turtle

hah

ThePits 07.03.2007 11:07 AM

He was in a band called the Libertines, Then when that band dissolved he started a band called Babyshambles. Most famous for dating Kate Moss, taking drugs, and making an ass of himself in public.

sarramkrop 07.03.2007 11:11 AM

Yes, and they should throw the key away too.

Rob Instigator 07.03.2007 11:40 AM

is his music worth anything?

Washing Machine 07.03.2007 11:42 AM

The Libertines were quite good, well the second album was okay. Past that I dont really care.

floatingslowly 07.03.2007 11:46 AM

surely there is a worn out monkey in some animal research lab who needs a replacement?

the ability to consume large quantities of drugs (and survive) should be looked at as an asset!

jon boy 07.03.2007 11:47 AM

how many chances does a person need? he obviously needs help but i would like to see what would have happened to him if he where not famous.

!@#$%! 07.03.2007 11:55 AM

this poll should have been offered first:

Question: Should i give a shit?

Answer:
a) no
b) fuck that
c) does ANYONE give a shit?
d) british inside joke
e) all of the above

---

the correct answer is "e)"

ThePits 07.03.2007 11:58 AM

A shame you didnt offer it first then?

Floatingslowly maybe they could clone him and do away with animal testing altogether......

floatingslowly 07.03.2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePits
Floatingslowly maybe they could clone him and do away with animal testing altogether......

I'm not sure how or why you get what I'm saying, but I like it! maybe we should clone YOU.

please forward your genetic sequencing information to: doomedtofall@gmail.com and I will see that my top scientists get right on it.

congratulations, and welcome to EvilCorp.

screamingskull 07.03.2007 12:14 PM

Yes.

ThePits 07.03.2007 12:26 PM

You can clone me as long as the new me stands in for the real me and gives me a week off

Tokolosh 07.03.2007 12:36 PM

I couldn't care less, but I'll say no. ALL junkies need help, not imprisonment.
It's easier to get drugs in jail, that on the streets, so what good would it really do?

val-holla-ing 07.03.2007 12:43 PM

this dude is so far past rehabilitation, it doesn't even matter. i'd rather see him OD than carry on any longer.

ThePits 07.03.2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
this dude is so far past rehabilitation, it doesn't even matter. i'd rather see him OD than carry on any longer.

I think the danger is if he does OD he will become some form of icon or martyr for some of the more socially disenfranchised kids that listen to his music

God help us......

jon boy 07.03.2007 01:05 PM

his music is utterly terrible.

val-holla-ing 07.03.2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePits
I think the danger is if he does OD he will become some form of icon or martyr for some of the more socially disenfranchised kids that listen to his music

God help us......

damn. you're probably right. maybe he'll get hit by a bus? or brush his teeth and die of shock.