Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fashion Styles (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=227)

Inhuman 03.24.2006 01:20 PM

Fashion Styles

I was wondering about what opinions people have on fashion styles and trends. Do you percieve them as something people should be proud of? Or something people do just for the mere attention and popularity just because they need to follow somebody else to fit in. Let's hear some input

Hip Priest 03.24.2006 01:37 PM

I think your first category is closest - baggy stylee, with cool t-shirts (somtimes band one, otherwise certain brands eg Dunknmunky) and a zippy hooded sweatshirt. That's my style.

nomadicfollower 03.24.2006 01:46 PM

I usually wear jeans and a plain colored t-shirt. I don't like logos on my shirts. I don't want to be a walking advertisement for some company.

Signpost 03.24.2006 01:50 PM

I don't care about what i'm wearing really. I can walk in the same clothes for over 2 weeks and still feel comfortable in them.

truncated 03.24.2006 02:25 PM

Option number 5

I'm lucky I even match. Sometimes I don't.

I do like me a good pair of jeans though, or polyesters.

krastian 03.24.2006 02:59 PM

FASHION! Turn to the left. FASHION! Turn to the right.

sellouteater 03.24.2006 03:03 PM

I think about what i am going to wear and makes sure it is something good

jon boy 03.24.2006 03:07 PM

generally i wear what i like, at work i at least have to put on something reasonably respectable but mostly its what i see first mweaning that there must be items of clothing that have been in my wardrobe since the eighties. maybe they back in fashion now?

Trasher02 03.24.2006 03:11 PM

i just wear band t-shirts, jeans and cheap sweaters from a local shop.

my jeans are "Rather Ripped" :D
haha get it? It's the name of the new album.
hehe get it?
heh...

krastian 03.24.2006 03:18 PM

But yeah, I'm just a t-shirts and jeans guy.

Everyneurotic 03.24.2006 04:10 PM

whatever's on my closet which consists of:

band t-shirts, jeans and some sort of overgarment (short sleeve shirts, flannel shirts, coats, denim jacket, long sleeve shirts, sweaters, etc.)

HaydenAsche 03.24.2006 07:49 PM

Girl Pants
Band T-Shirts
Beat-up Vans Slip-ons
Brown Cordorouy Jacket
Numerous Scarves
Numerous Mittens to match my scarves
Numerous Blazers
and of course
HATS

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.24.2006 07:52 PM

I wear arizona jeans (mostly light blue), black vans, and t-shirt everyday. usaully a band shirt.

Phlegmscope 03.24.2006 08:14 PM

Probably the most stylish piece of clothing I have is this old leather jacket my mom gave me. Although that's very likely more sad than cool I'm afraid.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.24.2006 08:34 PM

I totally pimp the salvation army catalogue. I like nice vintage shirts in dark colors and patterns. I wear dark green, blue, or black pants, and either my 4 dollar converse (not chucks, I don't know what model) and docs. And cotton boxer shorts. I wear band t-shirts occasionally.

Toilet & Bowels 03.24.2006 08:46 PM

i went with "whatever the fuck..." although whatever is on the floor would be more accurate. However, it just so happens that whatever the fuck is on my floor tends to be in particularly good taste.

Phlegmscope 03.24.2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i went with "whatever the fuck..." although whatever is on the floor would be more accurate. However, it just so happens that whatever the fuck is on my floor tends to be in particularly good taste.

Didn't you work in the fashion industry or something at some point? why do I have this vague memory?

Actually my mom also made me this cap with strings. It's sweet. Basically I have to give my mom credit for my outlook. hmm.
I recently realised that I should use tighter clothes that lick my freakishly tall and slim body.

dietzer123 03.24.2006 08:56 PM

i'm a whatever the fuck guy but i do make a special effort to try and wear my george carlin shirt

RIPfrey05 03.24.2006 09:06 PM

Polos
checkered/pattern things
khakis
running shoes/birks
ripped ass jeans
notice that in every pic ive ever posted im wearing a collared shirt.
PREPPY=best=my embroidered lobster pattern pants!

Pookie 03.29.2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Girl Pants
Band T-Shirts
Beat-up Vans Slip-ons
Brown Cordorouy Jacket
Numerous Scarves
Numerous Mittens to match my scarves
Numerous Blazers
and of course
HATS