View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 02:44 AM   #6
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
My stance is as follows.

There are some places in this world that I would feel safer in if I was armed.

That said, unless it's a them-or-me/someone I care deeply about type of situation, I would sooner try to wound someone with a gun than kill them, and those people who are fanatical about owning twenty different types of firearms and go around threatening to use them or say asinine things like "it's the duty of the people to overthrow the government if it starts to get out of control" (i.e. raise taxes by 2% or come up with some new laws they don't like yet probably won't be affected by) are not the kind of people who should be owning them.

My dad is one of those types.

Personally, I don't think I'd feel comfortable with an outright ban of all guns. I can see the direction of the thought, but I dunno. Criminals are still going to find a way to get guns, and they aren't going to worry about regular civilians being able to defend themselves if there was one. I don't have any kind of stat or anything to back that up, but I'd just feel that's what would happen.

I'd much rather just have one pistol, .45 or whatever, sitting in my closet under some magazines collecting dust that I'm not going to think about 98% of the time but ready to go to in the event of that 1 out of however many chance someone busts into my house. That's my sentiment anyway.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|