View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 06:41 AM   #14
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
The population of the US is 309,897,000.
The population of the UK is 62,041,708.

Those figures kinda balance it out.

no it doesn't.

he stated the number of murders for every 100,000 people. so if the uk had an equal amount of inhabitants, america would still have more murders.

and if you would include the cause of death the difference might be even bigger.

i'm not pro-guns at all. it varies from place to place, but i think the majority of people will never find themselves in a situation where a gun is absolutely necessary. gun laws here have gotten pretty strict after this dude wandered through antwerp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Van_Themsche (this happened practically behind the corner of where i live. the kid was 16 and he had gone into a weapon store and bought an off-license hunting weapon without any problems)

what i mean is that people will always find a way to kill each other, but what a government might be able to do is make some ways less available. i had an uncle who was a manic-depressive person with a history of suicide attempts and medication, and one day he bought a gun the same way hans van themsche did and shot himself through the head. i'm sure he would have killed himself another way if guns weren't available though.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|