View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 12:17 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprodr
You would think so, however...

source: wikipedia

it's the roberts court that has decreed that. in the past, the militia argument was the prevailing one to uphold local gun bans, and still in the dissenting opinions the judges who voted no maintained the militia argument. so just because it was 5-4 and people voted along ideological lines it doesn't mean the text is clear-cut. it isn't.

i'd rather side with ruth bader ginsburg than with dog-fuckers scalia, alito, robers and the other retrograde fuckers whose name i can't think off the top of my head.

then again, remember that DC is under federal rule, so while the lifting of the ban might apply to the federal area, the issue is still being contested in the states.

even then, try walking into the halls of congress with a sidearm and see what happens to you.

then again, like i said, when i go to the cabin i sleep with a rifle next to me. fuck yes. 911 would take 1/2 hour to arrive. i'm not taking any chances.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|