Thread: NFL shenanigans
View Single Post
Old 09.10.2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the game goes against the clock.

it is similar to how in football/soccer the wining team will play a drag-ass defensive front for the last 20 minutes of a match to keep the other team from getting good scoring opprotunities.

In football, you do that with time-outs, and clock stoppage, as chickak said.

let's say you are winning the football game. 2 minutes left (by the way, when there is two minutes left in the 1st and 2nd half, there is an automatic time out, the two-minute warning) a team will ussually run the ball repeatedly, because it controls the ball, and keeps the clock ticking.

if they pass the ball they run risks of interception, but more importantly, if the ball is not caught the clock will stop, giving the defense/other team basically a free time out.

I have sene it played out where a team tries to pass instead of running it, misses the passes, and ends up punting with way to much time on the clock for the other team to go and get a field goal or touchdown.

shit, payton Manning has fucked my beloved Texans because of this exact mistake several times. stupid texans coaches.