View Single Post
Old 09.17.2010, 10:48 PM   #12460
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Bolle to me is like our generations' Ed Wood Jr.

Heh. I wouldn't go that far. Ed Wood's films were brilliant. He made at least 3 masterpieces (Glen or Glenda, Plan 9, and Night of the Ghouls). He was brilliant; I think he was really ahead of his time, actually.

I think if Criterion or somebody re-released Glen or Glenda, with a different "context", presenting it like some kind of Bunuelian or Lynchian film, some kin of experimental or arthouse film or something.. people would be forced to re-evaluate it for the work of personal, autobiographical, absurdist art that it is. I think Ed Wood knew exactly what he was doing, and I think he was better than, oh, Orson Welles or Hitchcock or whoever.

Anyway...

WHO ARE YOU, POLLY MAGOO - 9/10

Wow, this film was brilliant! It currently has 285 ratings on imdb.. the fuck?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|