View Single Post
Old 12.01.2010, 02:24 AM   #44
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kinn again.

brother i like you, but that is some serious foot in mouth, talking out of ass bullshit. when I was trying to get into UCLA, i was sincerely contemplating straight robbing some of the wealthier students there, they couldn't even comprehend what I mean when I say "paid cash all ones"

working class is a myth, and a fleeting illusion in america, it is some tricky Dick Nixon mirage, rhetoric to pit the slightly less poor folks with the slightly not rich folks. there is only poor and rich in america, period. if you are not poor, then you just can't relate, and that's fine, but its better to take a spirit of humility rather than holier than thou self righteousness..

Working class (which in most cases just boils down to a mentality some middle class people have these days) tend to not mind working their asses off to get what they want. They expect the same of others, regardless of what class system they may be. Working class stems from (and this doesn't mean "unintelligent", as most assholes tend to think) generally "uneducated" folks that manage to make a living via whatever their 9-5 might be, and being proud of the fact. No one in my family (and there are a few that can afford it) buys anyone else a Lexus. That's working class.

I want a new guitar, there's no one to buy it for me (sans MAYBE Christmas). I need a new car, no one else is purchasing me one (ever!)....I've gotta go out and get it myself. Just like my mom, just like my parents, just like my grandparents. Not all of us have been "poor", but everyone of us have been working class. What we own, what we achieve, in my family has always boiled down to what the individual was willing to do for his/herself. For some that has meant saving and starting their own profitable businesses, for others it's meant working two jobs, there's a few that have chosen to be complete pieces of shit and do nothing. Only two family members I know of have degrees (paid for by themselves), none of us take advantage of any sort of government aid. In situations of struggle, we work two jobs. Welfare = embarrassment. We take pride in what we are able to achieve. I appreciate my guitar and truck because it wasn't given to me....I'm not so sure I'd feel the same way about an education someone else paid for (I personally would....but only because, as a working class individual, I realize someone somewhere did in fact work their ass off). Do I think everyone would feel this way? No! Most feel as if some things are owed to them, and that the time of others should be given to them as a right. These are the same people I feel as if, in a more primitive society, would think they were owed free food and shelter.

This, is where my mentality on this whole thread comes from. Is it stupid? That's a matter of opinion.

Who pays teachers at a free school?
Who buys all the paper and textbooks?
Who pays for the land and all the workers and materials that go into the building?

Sounds free to me....

Unless we were to live in a anarchistic society (which most here probably wouldn't realize would be my preference) it only makes sense to pay for the things we want. Educating younger people to think for themselves and respect hard work, in my mind, is the key....teaching evolution and labeling god "a theory" in schools in my mind is the key.....free shit is not the key to a more intelligent society. Most, despite popular belief, are going to waste their time studying when they could be having fun. I say this because most I know in school are wasting their time...partying when then should be studying. If school was free....who the fuck would actually want to attend when they think "oh, I can do whatever I want now and go to school tomorrow"?

In other words, I don't know many people that would want to spend time on subjects they might not be interested in today, when they can always worry about it tomorrow.

Sounds free to me.