View Single Post
Old 12.31.2010, 09:41 PM   #13632
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
For new years, I am throwing these in at this party I'm going to.

MESSIAH OF EVIL (probably the best horror film of the early 70's; EXTREMELY underrated. Code Red released the definitive DVD of this public domain classic. Weird as hell atmosphere, scenes that dont' make sense -- including an opening that has NOTHING to do with the rest of the film... unbelievable cinematography. Truly one of the greats. I can't believe how much work and talent has went into this film, yet it remains largely unseen. From the creators of HOWARD THE DUCK, of all things. If you're into incredibly effective, creepy horror, without a lot of gore, just getting by on its atmosphere and weird set designs... this will be your new favorite).

ROCK N ROLL NIGHTMARE (I recently FINALLY got the DVD for this. My vhs had been watching so many times, by so many people, that the film looked almost black and white, from being so worn out. For the first hour, this film is nothing particularly special, but the final 20 minutes are the funniest, most insane 20 minutes in the history of films, PERIOD. The lead character THOR undresses to reveal himself in a leather studded thong with a cape, and he battles against Satan -- Satan himself. The battle consists of Satan throwing playdough starfish at Thor. They thin spin a circle as a power metal classic plays. There's also fireworks. The first time I saw this, I cried from laughing so hard. Truly topnotch hilarious film. I am going to try to turn this on at exactly midnight, to ring in my new year with absolute hilarity at the party I'm going to)

NEW YEAR'S EVIL (this film isn't very popular, for whatever reason, but I don't think you can do wrong with it. A slasher with a variety of masks -- kinda like Terorr Train! -- as well as an appearance by Caroline Munroe -- from the Last Horror Film and Maniac.. and James Bond movies. Just an AMAZING new York atmosphere... this is the atmosphere of films like Don't Go in the Woods, Don't Go in the House, Last House on Dead End Street, Madman, and other classics... that dark gritty as hell compelling as hell foggy grainy slasher thing... just a very entertaining film. Much better than BLOODY NEW YEAR.)

Hope everyone else is curling up with some great movies.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|