View Single Post
Old 01.21.2011, 03:00 PM   #3665
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
einhander

all those classics collections, like the mega man one

symphony of the night

....these are some of my favorite games ever!

Yes, NR, EINHANDER is my favorite shooter of all time.

I don't really check this thread anymore, but I wanted to pop in and say that.

PAX:

CAPCOM CLASSICS COLLECTION VOLUMES 1 AND 2 got more play from me than, well, any game on the PS2, just about. You know it's a shame how many games they're missing, there's a HUGE lack of 2D fighters and obscure unreleased games, like arcade games. No Strider 2? I mean, COME THE FUCK ON! The biggseinenwen? er.. the biggest omission? FINAL FIGHTER II AND III. I mean, what were they thinking?

Anyway, goddamn I LOVE those Mega Man collections. I have beaten Mega Man 1-8. I bet I put 30-40 hours into that thing before I unlocked EVERYTHING though. Strangely, I find 8 the hardest (only when you get to Wiley's Tower though, the snowboarding autoscrolling level is nearly impossible). I think the music is so amazing in that game, though. Why the FUCK didn't they use the Saturn version, though? It had better graphics (way better, incuot lkt the wate usrn v.... uh, just look at the water in the Saturn version. I type so fast that my computer slows down and that's why there's gibberish!). Also, CUTSMAN and WOODMAN were in the Saturn Mega Man.

Also, PSX owners kinda got shafted, the PSX version had some shitty song unlockable or some garbage, while the Cube version had G4 ICONS: MEGA MAN, which -- while a bit boring -- is fun to watch. 24 minutes long, though about halfway through, the thing becomes abit negative with people saying, "I don't know ANYONE who STILL plays Mega Man games but they have to be selling a little bit for Capcom to keep making them." You know what? Fuck you, man. I'll take a classic Mega Man game over Gears of Boring Wank Bullshit part Infinity.

They really should have:

- Added the Mega Man gameboy games. Mega man 1-3 are the same, er.. downgraded versions. I think 4 is when they become complpetely different games. Pretty fun games, at that. Hell, why not have just put every Game Boy game? It's not like they take up any space. Plus it'd be fun to play em on your tv.

- Added the Saturn Mega Man, like I said, but also added the PlayStation Mega Man 8 book. There was a commemorative anniversary book with bios of every single boss. This thing was indispensably awesome and was lost when the GREATEST HITS version rolled around.

- Added MEGA MAN: THE WILEY WARS. The graphically updated versions of 1-3 were downright awesome. The game was a wee bit slower, so they could've sped it up. But seriously, it was like a Mario All-Stars upgrade! Also, the Wiley Wars was a COMPLETELY NEW GAME! (okay, okay, a really really short game, mainly just boss fights, but eh).

- Had a thing where you could listen to every Mega Man song ever -- remixes and original.

- Had more art, more history, more videos, more more more!

- No Mega Man Drum n Bass or wahtever the fuck it was called? I mean, come on!

BTW, the arcade fighter fighting game sucks, but part 2 is actually amazing. You get to play as Proto Man! It was easy as shit but yeah.

I love those games so much. I remember buying the X collection the day it came out for $30. Fucker goes for $90 last I checked. Weird. Besides immediately noticing they ruined X3's music (no original SNES tunes, just the remixes), it's a cool package. The X games are better, in theory (you get to slide around and fly around and stick to walls) but you know what? Some of 'em are too damn hard. It's not the games themselves, it's PARTS of the game. Like, I can blaze through X1 and X4, but the final boss on X4 is literally impossible. As far X1, you have to f ight 10 bosses in a row. You hae to do that in all of the X games, but when the 4th boss (SIGMA'S DOG!) is harder than Sigma, even with all upgrades... well....

Also, the shorykun is stupid. You have to get all upgrades, then you can only use it when COMPLETELY energized (which is, well, never, since it's impossible not to get hit a billion times). Then you can use it once. You perform it like a real shoryuken! Which is awkward as fuck!

X4 and X5 and... X6, I guess, are all a bit unfairly maligned. I spent July or August of this year playing through 'em. They certainly have tons of fun sections, but saving all the reploids and collecting parts and stuff.. it seemed really.. cold. Kinda boring. You can duck in them, which is weird. I highly reccomend unlocking the special characters in X5 and X6, makes the game really fun. There's ,like, a Black Zero and some insane superpowered X. Heheh.

Oh yeah -- the hidden game. Battle and Chase. Sucks.

joe,
Brawl is technically a bit better than Melee, but there's something about it I don't like. Can't put my finger on it. I think it's the INSTANT KILLS. I think you can turn them off, but there's those weird things that kill you instantly. Anyway, they clipped Fox, who is my fucking character (I nearly won a 256-person Melee tourney, I got to the final 16 or so with Fox. I have never even owned Melee!). But with Brawl, I can barely do shit with Fox. I prefer Metaknight. Either way, Brawl feels like more of the same, they just seemed to ruin the best parts of Melee while they were at it and add extremely unwanted features. Very stupid in parts. Melee is my personal fav. I am REALLY surprised they never made a DS Smash Bros. I always laugh when people say they prefer Smash Bros. 64 though. That game is way too slow and awkward. It feels nearly unplayable after getting into Melee.

DUST IN ORBIT:

you don't need special files to play psx roms in that psx emulator. Yoiu just need .bins and .cues right? I think you can just load em up. On the olde y nturuttuw,ust load upe d .cue... no problemn.

Uh, sorry. I think on older versions of the emulator, you had to burn a disc and then load the disc in the emu. Nowadays, you can simply load the .bin/.cue.

EMUPARADISE has every single psx rom ever, aside from a few superobscure ones. SNESORAMA has the rest.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|