View Single Post
Old 03.31.2006, 11:39 PM   #11
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
pokkeherrie, yeah, somewhere along the way Lightning Bolt stopped doing that. Another band that I saw them overlap with was Wolf Eyes. I have to say, that was a slightly different situation. One of the dudes from Wolf Eyes actually looked kind of jealous when the entire audience started swarming the drum kit, clearly more enthusiastic about Lightning Bolt.

Another notable collaboration of sorts occurred last summer at the First Unitarian Church show in Philadelphia. Lightning Bolt were playing with Afrirampo that night. It was insanely hot. Fog formed from the sweat, steam was rising off of everything, people were playing slip and slide on the floor using the collective moisture, the pools of sweat were mixing with bodily filth and shoe-dirt to form mud... Chippendale nearly got heat stroke from drumming in the middle of all of that. At one point he had to get up and get out of the crowd. Brian Gibson kept playing, and Oni and Pika from Afrirampo quickly stepped in and started drumming in his place. He was gone for nearly fifteen minutes, so they took over for quite a while. Eventually they handed drum sticks out to those of us close to the kit, and several audience members began drumming too. At this point Gibson was just noodling.

I have some pictures of it (not my own), if anyone's interested.
amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|