View Single Post
Old 10.07.2011, 08:07 AM   #23
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
so i'm thinking french people are pretentious assholes for laughing at fat unsophisticated americans, next thing i see is a dude in a mustard stained seahawks sweatsuit sticking a whole burger in his mouth with two hands.

i have a feeling that's what i look like to people :?

this.

Also, while I support your attempts to want to knock big banks for playing with other people's money, you have to understand this is how the banking system has worked for centuries. I'm not saying it's a good system, but you shouldn't act so surprised as deposits help build a capital base, which can then can be invested into other projects. Finance is simply the movement of money from one place to another, or as some ideologues have put, the act of moving money to where it is needed most; interest simply provides the profit motive.

I'm not one to defend the gears of capitalism, by any means, it's just that I think we need to past this whole holy-shit-they're-playing-with-my-livelihood mentality and have more productive conversations.

And regardless of any of the points I have just made, it's also increadibly important to recognize that with the way the global market place is structured at the moment, no matter how big a debt crisis may become, there will always be more credit to save the day, provided of course by China, who is quietly redirecting the forces of finance so that every nation will be indebted to them. Debt peonage on a global scale. It's like what Chase bank does to fat Americans described so eloquently described in the post above.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|