View Single Post
Old 10.11.2011, 06:52 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
alas.. like I told some of my students last week when they began to discuss the merits or potential for violence, I reminded them that this "movement" has no cohesion, no demands, no necessary purpose, and so what would even be the purpose of violence in the first place? You only throw stones when there is an aim to accomplish. Plus, look where that got us in Seattle, look what happened in Cairo over the weekend.. The older I get the more I realize that prayer beads are the most potent form of political violence.

well, yes, you're right of course-- non-violent protest does not give the cops an easy excuse to start unloading their guns on you (even if they might still do it anyway). i was just in a foul mood when i posted that the other day cuz... i found out this had been buried by the media for a week until they could do it no longer... and i'm losing patience with the political bullshit going on. but yeah, non-violent protests are more likely to achieve results in the post-gandhi era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
fuck these hippies. today, I'm occupying my jobseat. you know, the one that let's me afford things like....soap.

soap? make sure to use vaseline so it's OSHA-compliant, sarariman
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|