View Single Post
Old 12.13.2011, 05:42 PM   #22
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield

ruh-roh.

Not shocking or even surprising at all, considering it's mostly based on the "Knightfall" story arc, allegedly. I've never been too satisfied with the Batman movies, they always seem to pale in comparison with the original story arcs they originated from, despite the fact that it's impossible to deny there are great moments in some of them most of the times, especially in the case of Christopher Nolan's recent saga. To add to my point, I'd say Heath Ledger's Joker was certainly great, but it wouldn't have nothing to do against Grant Morrison's and Dave Mckean's on "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth", or Alan Moore's on "The Killing Joke" (which were both reference material for Nolan and Ledger), for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yah word.

If anything my favourite Batman movie is Mask of the Phantasm which about 0.1% would agree with.
That's a great movie, and I hope "Batman: Year One", which has been recently released, will be on par with it, though I think the most ideal thing would be to have a superior offering. Frank Miller & David Mazzuccelli's work is astounding source material, as a matter of fact. Would someone who already watched it, care to share some thoughts?
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|