View Single Post
Old 04.03.2012, 09:21 AM   #40
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
well i am just an ignorant kid, but in my opinion..

indie was in its prime back in the late 80's-early 90's.. Surfer Rosa, Daydream Nation, You're Living All Over Me, Slanted & Enchanted, Loveless, Spiderland, etc.

the 00's still had some good stuff, like Is This It, Relationship of Command, Murray Street, Kid A.

but right now it sucks. hopefully it'll get better. maybe we need a really great aggressive rock band to come and destroy all the fake, generic hipsterish stuff.
I donīt think itīs just indie, itīs the whole popular culture that hasnīt been very powerful in 2000-decade. And that weakening tendency has started already in the end of seventies. There has been exceptions from this (some very great albums) but I have found very rare new interesting artists in 2000-decade. Although Iīm not a big fan of hiphop, I think also in HipHop and maybe part of the metal has been the freshest music of 2000-decade.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|