View Single Post
Old 08.28.2012, 02:06 PM   #40
hypertonic
bad moon rising

hypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asses
I'd say I'm now down to only 70% fandom...

I did get the opportunity to see them at an absolutely great point... 2007 in St. Louis in a basement classroom at Washington University. I live a few hours away, and convinced a friend to try to make it up there last minute. We barely made it in, as it was pretty small and packed... was pretty much already oversold... Tickley Feather was neat opener and AnCo had the sick skeleton backstage setup with glowing eyes and shit...

It was LOUD AS FUCK. I stood a couple feet in front of Panda Bear the whole show while my older techno DJ friend stood in back (big mistake as he later realized it was so loud it actually damaged his ear). AnCo were using the college hallways and resonance as a natural reverb chamber. It was sick. They would ramp up the volume or use vocal sounds to project and you could hear it echoing through the building. It was great. They were loaded. So the fuck what. I posted before but I have the entire performance in 4gb file. The college recorded it pro style. Its on YouTube. The entire performance is very challenging to sit through.

At that point they played SJ stuff and some very early unfinished MPP stuff. For some reason I don't listen to them as much anymore. It just doesn't come to mind. (Maybe I subconsciously assoc them with my ex-girlfriend)

I do prefer their Sung Tongs, and Danse Manatee/Spirit albums. I think if they returned to a more basic album approach they might still have some decent albums I could get into. Dont have to ditch the electronics, but I think their "spirit" comes through more clearly with organic arrangements.

Cobwebs is probably one of my favorite songs.
hypertonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|