View Single Post
Old 10.29.2012, 07:03 AM   #10
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
not a big poster on here (not even sure if I've even posted) but I really thought I should interject here: music nowadays is not as bad as so many perceive it to be. yes, pop music as an art-form is dead, but Nirvana were indeed the ones who killed it in the first place. it isn't okay to cover Pavement and the Pixies not only because both of them are shite (kablamo! neither of them even compare to SY) but to exclusively cover bands is to admit defeat, to resign yourself to the fact that making artful yet commercially viable music is simply not an option in today's world.

in the simplest terms possible, music is by no means dead, it is just that the more innovative end of the spectrum has been relegated to the underground sub-mainstream aka those who dabble almost solely in the avant-garde. this is the strain of music that needs to be fostered as we will be royally fucked if that capitulates too.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|