View Single Post
Old 05.29.2013, 02:08 PM   #418
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I'm on, episode 10 I think of the new Arrested Development, hasn't really done it for me to be honest. The tight writing (for the most part) is still present, though the jokes don't really feel great, all of the interconnectedness, which has always been one of AD's strong points is still there.

But splitting up the family to single POVs per episode was an abysmal idea I think, I just don't think it works. I'm nine or ten episodes in, and Buster has barely been in it. He's been in like, two scenes. Gob barely features until like episode 6. I like Lindsay too, but no way is she a strong enough character to carry an entire episode by herself. I don't think any of them are really.

The show wasn't designed to function like this, and at this point has no foundation to make that work. That credit sequence has nine people in it. Not one big one and a couple of supporting roles. Sure Michael has always been the defacto lead of the show, but it was in truth always an ensemble show. So now with that family dynamic mostly absent, most of the magic is too. So sure I still like it, but I definitely think its rather dull and not what it could be.

The Tobias innuendos are still great though. Daddy has to get his rocks off.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|