View Single Post
Old 06.29.2014, 03:05 PM   #5004
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
where did you get that mexico's attack was not strong enough?
From watching them play!!

Quote:
it was strong enough to get ahead of the netherlands.

That was a lucky goal in injury time, I think its an outlier more than an indicator...

Look, I totally don't disagree with your analysis of a balanced, attack AND defense oriented strategy.. For the better teams in the world that is EXACTLY how you need to play.

But for USA? Yeah, if we tried that shit there would be nothing but broken plays and takeaways by the other team..

If Mexico had tried that shit they would have equally been clowned by Netherlands. While true Mexico's attack is much better than USA, lets not kid ourselves and pretend its anything like the Dutch

I do agree with you, when Dos Santos came out it became very clear that Mexico was going to give up attacking and play for defense. Meanwhile didn't you see how discombobulated, visibly frustrated and perplexed Netherlands were looking? Point blank, Mexico's defense was STIFLING them, I dare say it almost worked!

What if Mexico had attacked a bit more and that resulted in worse defensive rotations and subsequently opening up more holes for Netherlands? See, that is why I disagree with your attack-first strategy for teams that don't have the talent to pull it off..

You are talking about how the BEST teams in the world play and that strategy simply doesn't work for lesser quality rosters... The trick is to play to your strengths, and in particular CONCACAF teams strength has always been on the defensive end, and even Mexico over-exerts themselves when they are forced to attack too much..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|