View Single Post
Old 03.16.2015, 05:37 PM   #1137
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
granola is really easy to make

heat up oven to 300

in a medium bowl mix:

3 cups rolled oats (regular not instant)
1.5 cups raw seeds (i use pumpkin, sunflower and sesame-- other possibilities are flax etc)
1 cup nuts (i use almonds or peanuts, depending on what i have) (if using walnuts the oven goes at 275)
1 tsp cinnamon (1/2 tsp cardamom, 1 tbs red chile, 1 tbsp cocoa optional)

in a large bowl mix:
1/3 cup oil (i use olive)
1/2 cup honey (easier if the honey is poured into a preoiled cup as it slips out easy)
1-2 tsp vanilla

add the medium bowl into the large one. spread onto parchment on a cookie sheet.

sprinkle 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt on top

after 15' take out and mix

bake another 15'

take out, add 1 cup dried fruit (i yet have to try freeze-dried), press a little, let cool. you can skip the fruit if you want less sweet.

once cool, break & pack. fits into a gallon ziploc & goes a long way.

you can develop your own choices of flavor by mixing the powdered spices, seeds, nuts, etc. i like cardamom with olive oil. e.g., the chile and chocolate i don't always do. originally i used shredded coconut but it's hard to find unsweetened at a good price this time of year so i'm skipping it. i use lightly roasted/salted peanuts but raw unsalted almonds-- not sure why.

sounds like fun.

just made orangesalad with quince-pear chutney.

I discovered this place today:

weirdly enough, the guy who's working at that place I know from the music crowd.
He always comes to our shows and seems to be into it.
didn't know he runs a place that serves weird food, fine coffee and has the best and most impressive assortment of books on food and cooking.
and it's next to the place where I buy my guitar strings.

bought german translation of that Sandor Ellix Katz book on fermentation you mentioned. good stuff!
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|