View Single Post
Old 03.19.2015, 01:21 PM   #391
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
All's well that ends well

ha! for a little while i didn't know if you were talking about the book or skuj's search.

maybe i still don't?

i mean, re: all's well that ends well:

one of the things that has called my attention is the public's obsession with the woman scorned with a life destroyed, and all that pain & sorrow (which makes for compelling drama), but at the same time the absolute glossing over kim's post-divorce transformations.

i.e.-- a return to art, a continuation of performance away from "rock", a return to california's light and landscape which she loves, a stronger more outspoken persona after many years of (dare i say it?) artistic subordination, art shows and gallery representation, a return to dating (making out in a car lol), and a kind of cultural superstar status at the moment where it's not only music people who are interested in her but a much wider audience (artistic, literary, functionally literate people, etc.)

to me it reads like a triumph.

anyway that's today's ramble ha ha
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|