View Single Post
Old 04.06.2015, 08:06 AM   #1149
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
kale is a cousin of the cabbage. other dark leafy greens like spinach or chard will do you as good. a bit hard to chew, kale, especially the stems. i like it and it grows well in cold weather-- doesn't really like the heat (spring & fall are best, some survive winters). going to grow some this year (fingers crossed).

the cholesterol myth has been finally debunked (took them a long time) but you can eat more eggs now!

salmon is great but you're surrounded by water and don't need an overpriced piece of fish that was flown halfway across the globe-- much less if it's farmed (yuck). sardines and anchovies are great and local; and small fish at the bottom of the food chain has little or no mercury and it's safe to eat and superhealthy. so you can go visit a fish market & see what's good & fresh & cheap. BUT if you don't like fish (dios le da nueces al que no tiene dientes!) omega pills will do, ha ha ha.

industrial chicken in america is a rather nasty product. that tray i baked yesterday oozed more fat than the mutton i had cooked earlier. and it's just a weird-tasting meat (not like free range/ organic chickens, which are delicious). i hope you get good chicken at home. mine was well cooked but... gross. industrial chicken just makes me unhappy.

and yes i cook all weekend for the week-- made a giant onion frittata, tons of granola, a gallon of yogurt, a huge pot of black beans, a tray of bird parts... i'm set ha ha ha.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|