View Single Post
Old 04.09.2015, 07:47 PM   #1162
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
cut 2cm ring-pieces. but on backing-paper. salt them.. add black pepper and olive oil.

had them in the oven at around 190 celsius for about 40 min (just see that they have a nice golden roasted color - then it should be alright, every oven acts a little different).

then you can do whatever you want with them. i put them in a salad with balsamico-garlic dressing. but you could put them on a nice bed of bulgur or lime-rice or couscous then you have an uhlalala-side dish.

i love red onions. They're a soul on fire.
uhh if you add some chilli before baking...
i bet there's nothing wrong with that

thanks chef!

the red onion rules.

here is my repayment for the favor. try making this for your fun:

slice some red onion like feathers (traveling down the meridians from the center). thin. not rings or half rings, not cubes. thin feathers.

rinse with cold water / shake the water off / pat dry whatever

add seasalt

add fresh lime juice

a trickle of a oil (neutral, olive works well too)

fresh chopped chili pepper-- something with more flavor than bite

if you wanna cheat (in a good way), a sprinkle of msg

if lacking limes, red or apple vinegar can work

i know you'll be tempted to add cilantro but try not to. if you need a spot of color try maybe a tiny amount of parsley but chopped very small & sprinkled lightly. you could try some cilantro but do not succumb to the temptation of adding a lot of it and going mexican. it's an onion thing, not a cilantro thing.

DO NOT add tomatos or you'll end up with some kind of salsa for chips. this is more of a flavorful garnish not a dip.

the main thing here are the onion and the lime, the chili pepper is to add an accent but not to overpower.

toss and let it ripen for a few minutes and serve it inside pork sandwiches with crusty bread. or over some beans. or with a fried fish fillet. or with a steak, even. great with a crisp lager or pilsner beer.

do NOT prepare it in advance because after an hour or so it will become soggy-- though the flavor may deepen in the fridge the texture will be a bit crap. i've eaten it up to a day old, in desperation, but it's kinda like leaving a camembert in the sun.

enjoy!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|