View Single Post
Old 07.28.2006, 10:42 AM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
truncated, dude, you are on a sonic youth forum. sonic youth is a band that appeals to a very esoteric branch of music fans. hell, it is a band that appeals to a very fringe group in the general populace of indie/underground music fans, and this grop is a small part of the overall music fandom.

the cloistered attitudes that you expose are a result of the nature of our musical loves. I HATE top 40 music, I find it to be lowest common denominator music. I adore interesting underground acts, music that is at the forefront of innovation or passion or intensity or creativity.
that goes for pretty muchall sonic youth fans.

I am PROUD to dig and discover and network with like-minded fans in search of the next new music, new to my ears, It is a JOY to me.

some assholes seek to impress with their obscurity. Many do not. They just want to share the new weird stuff they ahve found, because it is likly that noone they know has heard them or even is interested in such music.

I much prefer a music snob to a racial snob, or a religious snob